What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

macavity

Referee
I don't expect any more signings for 2013 unless we move some under-contract players on, and they may not want to leave.

aqua_duck

Coach
Btw needs more Alex McKinnon, I think he's been ok this year for a kid who's still eligible for Toyota Cup, put another 5-6kg on him and he'll be more than handy

Yosh

Coach
Update:

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Mata'utia
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Kidley

14. Costigan
15. McKinnon
16. Mason
17. House

18. Roberts
19. Tetavano

That's an awfully small backrow... Mobile but small... No real hole runners either...

RABK

Referee
Scott and Bird aren't that small... well perhaps small compared to some of the giant backrowers going around but both would be in the top 10 backrowers when it comes to strength.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how Sims and Vaivai develop as props in the next few years. I know they have been destroying teams up the middle in the 20s.

Yosh

Coach
Scott and Bird aren't that small... well perhaps small compared to some of the giant backrowers going around but both would be in the top 10 backrowers when it comes to strength.

I would personally love a Hoffman type player in our squad. Someone who just runs lines and does it all day everyday.

If our backrow looks something like:

11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Kidley/House/Mckinnon

There aren't any hole runners.

Bird is amazing in his own way and will create 2nd phrase play and make plenty of metres.
Scott won't let any tries down his side. He does run holes but doesn't have that much impact.
Kidley will just be like Dallas Johnson or David Stagg and just cover gaps in our defence.
House is similar to Kidley while McKinnon I guess could run into gaps...

chinorocks

Juniors
Given his run with injuries in the last 2 years I can't see Kidley playing lock or hooker. I don't think hos body is up to the rigours of defending in the front line.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Given his run with injuries in the last 2 years I can't see Kidley playing lock or hooker. I don't think hos body is up to the rigours of defending in the front line.

Same was said about Benji a few years back too mate

I know Kids is older and defending at hooker is different to 5/8 but forcing him to take 2012 off may just give his body the rest it needs to properly heal.

Yosh

Coach
Same was said about Benji a few years back too mate

I know Kids is older and defending at hooker is different to 5/8 but forcing him to take 2012 off may just give his body the rest it needs to properly heal.

I think Benji was too young and not fully physically developed yet. Kidley might just be past it.

Yosh

Coach
1. Darius
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Falou
5. Vuna

6. Mullen
7. Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Poore
11. Cordner
12. Mason
13. McKinnon

14. Roberts
15. Tetavano
16. Sims
17. Vaivai

Possible?

jb2

Juniors
Sounds awesome Yosh but how do you figure that Vuna & Falou are going to be in the team ?

Spot On

Coach
Can't see Pearce coming here - ever.

Don't get the Poore love. Possible benchie to replace Richie/Ervarn et al.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think Benji was too young and not fully physically developed yet. Kidley might just be past it.

I agree Yosh. It's apples and oranges.
I do agree with JW though on the point that a year off could do wonders for Gidley. He's one of those players that runs the ball in a similar vain to Harragon or Kennedy (no self preservation). 10 or 11 months off for physio and rehab should do wonders for his longevity.

Latest posts