What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2014 "Pass Mark"

saint.nick

Coach
The roster is improved, but it is not a top 4 side.

Look at the current top 4 -
Souths - probably the rightful SoO halves pairing, Isaac Luke, big effective forwards, and a bloke named Inglis.
Easts - current SoO halves pairing, Jennings in form, big mobile pack.
Melbourne - big 3, nuff said.
Manly - Next best Qld halfback accompanied by Foran, Lyon and Matai, good centre pairing creating opportunities on the edges, throw in the Stewarts for good measure.

We don't match that yet. Top 8 is essential though.

I was just about to touch on that. It sure looks like we have a very solid side, but we're forgetting there's teams with other great squads, and they improve as well. The closest team will be to next year is the Roosters. Our halves can definitely match theirs, an infinitely better fullback, we have a better winger combination, if we acquire Jmoz, an equal calibre centre pairing, more depth in in hooker, but they may cover us in forwards.

BennyV

Referee
I was just about to touch on that. It sure looks like we have a very solid side, but we're forgetting there's teams with other great squads, and they improve as well. The closest team will be to next year is the Roosters. Our halves can definitely match theirs, an infinitely better fullback, we have a better winger combination, if we acquire Jmoz, an equal calibre centre pairing, more depth in in hooker, but they may cover us in forwards.

Most of all, they cover us in their game plan. I'm hoping that with the inclusion of Williams and Widdop there will be more chance to play what is in front of them, but I just dont know..

saint.nick

Coach
Most of all, they cover us in their game plan. I'm hoping that with the inclusion of Williams and Widdop there will be more chance to play what is in front of them, but I just dont know..

And they cover us in coaching as well. I just doubt that Price will be around next year. So with a coach and better halves, I'm sure we'll have a better game plan. We don't even have a plan

stgill2001

Juniors
Everyone has an opinion....ill throw my two bob in, creagh prop or bench because he ain't in our best 13 Merrin lock generates second phase play Thompson Harrison second rowers and have frizz as a hard nut coming from the bench..de belin to start with hunt who hopes to show us his best....stocky creagh even tho that may not happen it's just got to happen...weyman has tried hard and would hope but hasn't been much of an impact...who I would like to see get fit and could be a impact player is seru but has lots if workand with the right coach that could Getty the best potential out of this beast.

David007

Juniors
Correct me if I'm misinformed. Shouldn't the Coach be selecting new players for the club? Perhaps Doust is taking on a new role next year as I highly doubt Price is hands on in player recruitment when he has no idea how to handle the current roster!