What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the '7 point plan'....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
telecrap have published the raiders '7 point plan' for beating the dragons..

wow... really digging deep here to work out how to play basic footy..

1. Present a united and unwavering defensive line in front of Jamie Soward and a Dragons side that thrives on broken-field running (duh..)
  2. Keep the Dragons in their own half to pressure Soward and nullify his attacking kicking game
  3. Kick into touch as much as possible to avoid giving the Dragon's back-three of Darius Boyd, Wendell Sailor and Brett Morris possession.
  4. Work hard at marker, players asked to make back-to-back tackles (duh again..)
  5. Be more agressive than the Dragon' big forward pack, match their go-forward and complete sets (something your junior coach teaches you..)
  6. Slow down early tackles involving Dragons prop Michael Weyman and Justing Poore, enable a better look at where the attack is headed and shift defensive numbers accordingly
  7. Go gead-to-head with Weyman and Poore until substitued after 20 minutes (something Josh Miller took a little too literally, me thinks..)
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/files/7points.pdf

some basic footy rules in there.. hardly a '7 point plan', however they did beat us, so there may be something to it...

bring on the donkeys this friday :)

Stagger Lee

Bench
Wow they really are a NEWSpaper aren't they:roll:

Sad thing is if we loose next weekend this rag will claim all the credit and pump themselves up :x

Godz Illa

Coach
I propose an embargo on Telegraph articles! No links on the Dragons LU forum.

Anyone down with that?

SaintScotty

Juniors
That's basically a game plan for all teams when they play any other team. Present a united defensive line, stop their go forward and attack their playmakers. Play the game in their half and give them nothing.

Teams have tried that the last couple of weeks. We keep hearing how teams were trying to target Soward and they haven't been able to the last couple of weeks.

It's one thing to know what to do, it's another to actually do it.

Stupid article, must be a slow news day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I propose an embargo on Telegraph articles! No links on the Dragons LU forum.

Anyone down with that?
I'm all for it. But people have to make that choice for themselves.

In the meantime, the rest of us could just frown upon it in a disapproving manner. ;-)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In the meantime, the rest of us could just frown upon it in a disapproving manner.

Nun5-frown.jpg

www.thedailytelegraph.com.au

TheRev

First Grade
Kind of crazy that losing the game had nothing to do with any of that 7-point plan, and all to do with the Dragons 3-point-plan-of-failure:

1. Losing our cool (penalties/sinbins)
  2. Not controlling the ball (especially when they were on a roll @ 50min mark)
  3. Doing too much defense (refer to points 1 & 2)
We were the better team for most of the match, I have to say that apart from getting in our face, Canberra did nothing else apart from playing half-decent football, getting lucky with some decisions/tries and good goal-kicking, we did the rest.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
telecrap have published the raiders '7 point plan' for beating the dragons..

wow... really digging deep here to work out how to play basic footy..

1. Present a united and unwavering defensive line in front of Jamie Soward and a Dragons side that thrives on broken-field running (duh..)
  2. Keep the Dragons in their own half to pressure Soward and nullify his attacking kicking game
  3. Kick into touch as much as possible to avoid giving the Dragon's back-three of Darius Boyd, Wendell Sailor and Brett Morris possession.
  4. Work hard at marker, players asked to make back-to-back tackles (duh again..)
  5. Be more agressive than the Dragon' big forward pack, match their go-forward and complete sets (something your junior coach teaches you..)
  6. Slow down early tackles involving Dragons prop Michael Weyman and Justing Poore, enable a better look at where the attack is headed and shift defensive numbers accordingly
  7. Go gead-to-head with Weyman and Poore until substitued after 20 minutes (something Josh Miller took a little too literally, me thinks..)
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/files/7points.pdf

some basic footy rules in there.. hardly a '7 point plan', however they did beat us, so there may be something to it...

bring on the donkeys this friday :)

Good on the geniusgraph printing that I'd say by thursday night, Bennett wll have a counter plan in place in case any opposition team is dumb enough to fall for that. (Lets sell newspapers) PROPAGANDA:lol:

MarchinSaint

Juniors
Hey guys,

Im new to the forum so a big hello to my fellow genius Dragons supporters... cause thats what we are.

As for the Telecrap... i think they are filthy that our Master Coach wont waste his time and interview with them. What really annoys me about this paper is the writers have absolutely no credentials when it comes to Rugby League. Does Phil Rothfield know the difference between a Steeden and a tennis ball.. probably not, yet he writes as though he has achieved it all.

A boycott is what is needed and not by just dragons supporter, by the entire Australian population. They have never reported anything accurately.

The dragons will be fine, lets see what story they want to make up next week. I can see the headline "Bennett Nullify's 7 Point Plan"

Doug2234

First Grade
Welcome MarchinSaint

Yeah the Tele is full of crapp and i give them your money. Send em bankrupt which in turn sends Rothfield to Centrelink

big pat

Coach
not sure if this is probable, could doust instruct his players not to talk to daily telecrap writers, if he wanted to get nasty about it, just a thought, btw welcome aboard marchin saint.

big pat

Coach
the funny thing is saints have been in the tele, about doing good things in the community, like j smith,poore,sailor,hornby, and others visiting hospitals and schools, maybe those journo's don't have the same agenda as buzz lightyear.

MarchinSaint

Juniors
Some journo's need to create a "Story" to sell, whilst others actually report something factual... The journo's that write about us lately tend to be very "Creative"...