What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
Baldy reckons that one was on Sun.

Haha yeah, i saw on twitter yesterday that the sack wont count against Lane because they had slide protection and Phillips was actually Sua Opeta's responsibility. He screwed up and Lane tried to save it.

The streak lives!

Valheru

Coach
Well i'm just glad to see the back of Washington for the 2023 season, we always seem to struggle against them. I guess they just line up well in the trenches with us opposed to other teams and always seem to shred our secondary.

Anyways, we got the win and that's all that matters as we move to 7-1 on the season. The NFL always throws up banana peel games but this team seems to nearly always find a way to win. Today it was off the back of Hurts 4TDs and some elite catching by our wide outs.

SF look like they are coming back to the pack a bit and if the current score holds we will be 2 game ahead of them at the end of this week.

We must be setting some type of record winning games whilst losing the turnover count, have to fix that up but at least there wasn't any interceptions. The tush push fumble I'm sure will get plenty of air time but meh it happens. It is still the most reliable play int he NFL but it is going to go wrong a couple times a season and better to have it in this game then int he playoffs.

Dem boyz at home next and their hype train will be in full steam after their big win which is exactly the time I like to beat these pricks the most. I can't wait to nullify Parsons and play keep away with the ball.

nick87

Coach
Eagles win. Multiple turnovers inside the 5 yard line, two fumbles... one on an exchange on the brotherly shove... as i said, the only way it gets stopped is when we **** it up. Like you said, shit happens. Sometimes you fumble a QB - C exchange, im not worried about that.

This turnover regression is hitting extremely and annoyingly hard. Defence just couldn't get stops on Sam Howell, which is frankly absurd. Man i hate playing the Commanders, always feels ugly and unusually difficult for this eagles team which out talents them by leaps and bounds.

Will need to be mistake free if we want to beat Dallas next week... this level of uneven play wont be good enough. Need the offence firing and the defence making plays. Excited to wake up tomorrow and see what else Howie Roseman has in his bag at the deadline.

If we can just beat Dallas next week, we'll go into the bye 8-1, with a 3.5 game lead over a 5-3 Dallas for the team and a spiralling Niners team.
Then we hit @KC (L), BUF (W), SF (W), @DAL (L) and @SEA (W).

Go 3-2 in that stretch... get to 11-3 and finish off NYG (W), ARI (W) and @NYG (W)
14-3, that'll be good enough for the #1 seed. And we go from there.

nick87

Coach
Also i dont know that Julio Jones is going to be a big upgrade as #3 WR, or will have many impact plays, but from a vibes perspective, its amazing
He looked sick in the kelly green and the team SWAMPED him today after the TD. Very pumped for him

Valheru

Coach
Yeah our schedule gets real from here for sure until those last 3 games. Going 4-2 in those six games would be a fantastic result and this team is more than capable. Important to note that Dallas also have their own torrid period, it just comes at the end of the season with their last 6 being SEA, PHI, @BUF, @MIA, DET and @WAS.

Detroit might actually be our biggest danger for the 1 seed with the 9ers sliding. Cousins is now out for the season which makes a light schedule even easier. Their remaining schedule is LV, @LAC, CHI, GB, @NO, @Chi, DEN, @MIN, @DAL and MIN

Haffa

f**k Dallas!

Brian Johnson saw the dual rb runs worked too well mid game and decided not to do it anymore. Instead he dials up a pass on 3rd and 2 even though we need to burn some clock. It was quite possibly the stupidest play call I have ever seen in my entire lifetime. I didn't think it was possible to be this dumb. You know your D is struggling to get stops, you know you are trying to run the clock out, you know you can dial up the brotherly shove twice despite any attempt to stop it, and you go for the surprise play 20 yards downfield. It was upper-level Mike McCarthy shit . . . And even Mike McCarthy was like "oh shit - he's even dumber than me."

I've really been trying to give Brian Johnson the benefit of the doubt, but I am currently now trying to find my shit that I lost and replace it.

nick87

Coach
philadelphia-eagles-go-birds.gif

Valheru

Coach
Thank f**k that is over

The first half was a bit of a shootout with both sides moving the ball easily. I thought we dominated the 3rd quarter and in to the last where we played keep away and got our defence off the field building that 28-17 lead. From there the defence held on.... just... to get away with the win. Ultimately Dak stepping out of bounds on the 2 point PAT cost the cowboys as they had to play 4th down ball thereafter.

This is a few times now play calling down the stretch has been questionable. Don't overthink it and just kill that clock with the run game, if it results in a 3 and out so be it.

All in all we did what he had to do to get the win and the cowboys played really well but still couldn't get the job done. The bye now comes at the perfect time because a lot of the players are banged up but nothing that seems too serious at this stage.

With that win we now take control of the division and the conference. Time to rest up before a Monday tilt at the chiefs which we probably won't win but the 2 home games thereafter against bills and 9ers don't look as daunting as they did a month ago. We then get cowboys and seahwaks on the road before being able to feast on NYG x 2 and Arizona to finish. Worth noting that cowboys still have games against seattle, bills, dolphins and lions to come.

nick87

Coach
Time to get Albert O acclimated to the offense
Imagine Dallas will miss a month -ish

Valheru

Coach
After the bye next 5 are

@chiefs
Bills
9ers
@cowboys
@seahawks

I've accepted we will lose to chiefs. Don't think we are going in there on national TV in a SB rematch and getting the win.

Bills is looking an easier assignment by the day and is a clear W for me

9ers have non stop whinged about the NFCC game since it ended and have the biggest chip on their shoulder I've ever seen. They will certainly need it much more than us so I'm going to say that is our one home L for the season

No doubt the narrative going in to the 2nd cowboys game will be how they should have won at philly and they will get the job done at home and blah blah. We will adjust though and not have someone other than Bradberry/Slay cover Lamb. We will get the W

Seahwaks is 50/50, I can't actually remember the last time we actually beat them... Just had a look and w ehave lost our last 7 to them dating back to 2008 so one could argue we are due.

We then finish with what should be 3 run of the mill wins unless we have seeding wrapped up by then and rest players

So either 14-3 or 13-4 which should be good enough for top seed.

Valheru

Coach
If you guys want some entertainment check out Skip Bayless taking the loss about as well as expected lol

nick87

Coach
We've got to go 3-2 in the next 5
If we can do that, im fairly confident we'll be able to finish off NYG-ARI in the final 3 weeks
I think we'll do it

Expecting to loss at Dallas, and that's fine. But i think we'll split KC-Niners and i think we'll beat the Bills.

2-3 and i think that brings Dallas back into the DIV race and we might be playing on the road in the play offs
3-2 and we're right where we need to be and should be in position to finish strong and take the division and probably the conference, particularly if one of those wins comes against the niners

anything better and i think its a #1 seed all but locked up

Starts with the Cheifs... they're not nearly the team they were last year, but Mahomes and Reid off the bye is scary. AR doesnt lose coming off the bye and Eagles D have been hideous against TE's all year. But if we can limit Kelce, i think we can win that game. Ill say this is a loss though. 0-1

Niners, physical game and no Dallas is going to hurt a lot. With all the shit they talked in the off season, i expect Sirianni and the leaders of this team will have them UP for this game. You can just see Sirianni and the leaders pre game saying this team thinks they're better, they think the eagles are frauds. QB this, QB that... lets go out and prove we were better last year and we're better now. I think we'll win that game. 1-1

Bills, im going to say this is a win too. I dont think their D is in a spot right now to stop us. Their corners can be passed on and their run D is suspect. Allen and the offence will of course be a problem but i think we can handle their run game and if Allen is forced to drop back endlessly, he'll give teams chances. 2-1

I've said all year long we'd split with Dallas and i think that'll be what happens. Damn good team who will very motivated to get a win and keep the DIV alive, home game for them, no Goedart probably. And i think they'll win. 2-2

Seattle, at 12th man... i like our chances here, i think SEA are a good team but not in our league. Coming off a loss to Dallas, they'll rally and get a tough away WIN. 3-2

3-2... but if we can somehow jag the Chiefs game next, it would really set us up nicely-

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
There is a lot of noise being made about our schedule but very little on the Dallas one which is also very tough after the next 2 weeks.

They get Giants/panthers the next 2 weeks but after that they have the below

Washington
Seahawks
Eagles
@ Bills
@ Dolphins
lions
@ Washington

Washington as division rivals definitely offer pest factor as they proved against us and I don't see that series being split 1-1 as unrealistic

Seahawks/eagles is a tough back to back home stand. Conceivably they go in the SEA game with an eye on us the following week.

bills/dolphins back to back on the road is VERY tough with the BUF game likely to be a snow game at that time of year too, I give them a low chance of winning both and an average chance of losing both. 1-1 over that stretch seems most likely.

Their last home game against the lions will be far from easy.

I find it very unlikely that they won't lose at least 2 of those games, if not 3 for an overall record of 12-5 or 11-6.

I doubt we have 4 more losses in us so I actually do think we can afford to go 2-3 in this upcoming stretch before easing off with NYG x 2 and ARI especially if one of those 2 wins is Dallas. 3-2 would definitely be nice though as I think that puts the division beyond doubt.

Valheru

Coach
Shit results for us in bye week

Dallas, 9ers, Lions and Seahawks all win. Having at least one, if not two lose would have been nice.

nick87

Coach
The Bills are going to be really desperate the rest of the year, but also they're just not looking like a very good team

As i see it, it's in our hands and we honestly dont need to do much... gotta come out of the next 4 weeks with 10 wins
Get a win over 2 of KC, BUF, SF and DAL

Do that and we're 10-3 with SEA, NYG, ARI, NYG
That should be 13-3 going into the final giants game and pending where things sit seeding wise, we should be able to clinch OR rest players because we've already clinched

Valheru

Coach
I'm still all over the lions as our biggest threat to the one seed.

Yeah we have a tough stretch coming up but as discussed Dallas do too and then the 9ers who are 2 games back definitely have another loss or two on their schedule IMO with games to come against SEA x 2, PHI and BAL. Realistically them losing even just one of those games and finishing with 4 losses should be anough for us to finish above them.

Detroit on the other hand who are only 1 game back have the following schedule

Bears
Packers
@ Saints
@ Bears
Broncos
@ vikings
@ cowboys
Vikings

The only game they aren't favourites in is the Cowboys one although vikings and saints on the road might cause issues. We might be looking at tying with them and relying on a non head to head tie breaker. Having said that, if we are to finish 2nd, Detroit are the best option to finish first as going there for the NFCC is much more preferred than going to San Francisco or Dallas and I'm not convinced they would survive either 9ers/cowboys in the division round anyways.

nick87

Coach
I dunno, maybe wrong but i feel like the Lions will drop 2 of those games
Id say @DAL and one of the Vikings games. But they're definitely a 1 seed threat

They're a good team and in a dome, they're hard to beat... but im not scared of them if they have to come into Philly in winter for a play off game. Goff his horrendous in outdoor winter games. So yeah vital we get this NFC coming through philly

I think if we're equal record, it's likely the tie breakers will fall in our favour, so if we can get through the next 5 weeks at 3-2, i think the #1 seed is in our hands.
2-3 or worse and we're likely either #2 or #5.