What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ainscough-Smith Cup

dimitri

First Grade
after being bombarded all week with this crap about the swans and collingwood and how its going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread i think its time we hit back and create our own little private rivalries.

The most obvious thing to do to combat this swans-magpies media bullshit is to create the

AINSCOUGH-SMITH CUP

why ainscough-smith?

The Storm has no more intense rivalry than what it has with the dragons. There is quite a history between these two clubs not only the grand final but also the follow up smashing at the MCG the next year and of course those comments by famous loud mouth anthony mundine.

The Ainscogh-Smith Cup is of course named after the 2 players involved in what would have to be the most famous grand final moment in history.

Dragons winger/centre Jamie Ainscough coming across with a high tackle to dislodge Storm Winger Craig Smith of the ball over the tryline with a high tackle which led to a penalty try being awarded. This penalty try not only sticks out in the memories of storm and dragons' fans but in all Fans of Rugby League who were watching that day.

The Ainscough-Smith cup could be held in larger venues such as Aussie Stadium, Colonial, MCG or whatever.

THE NRL could also try doing something similar to the AFL and playing this game in the middle of the week or perhaps in a stand alone round

OF COURSE a trophy would need to be made for the event to have any credibility and it would be ideal to have ainscough and smith (whatever happened to him) to be standing either side of some sort of cup

and of course not to be outdone by the AFL

we would have to get 2 actors/celebrities in their opposing teams colours and blabbder on about how great this will be and how its the best thing since sliced bread.

THE AINSCOUGH-SMITH CUP is a must.

pepe

Juniors
ainscough will always be remembered fondly by us storm fans,yep he really stuffed up by smashing smith on the sideline,it would have taken a hell of a kick from out wide to give us the match,if it had come down to extra time it could have been a different story :lol:

pepe

dimitri

First Grade
you illustrate my point perfectly

jamie ainscough will always be remembered for that event even though he played many rep games

and craig smith was a player that hardly played many games at all but will also always be remembered for that event

thats why the nrl should use it and create the ainscough-smith cup

dimitri said:
The Ainscogh-Smith Cup is of course named after the 2 players involved in what would have to be the most famous grand final moment in history.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice bit of comedy right there!

dimitri

First Grade
not as funny as the sharks

who we beat to get to the GF

and of course who have never won a GF

hahahahahahaah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
What other cups do teams play for?

Offhand I can think of Charity Shield (Saints vs Souths) and I'm sure the Storm play for one already (can't remember a name), what others are out their?

dimitri

First Grade
the storm play one against the warriors

its named after the storm official who died during an away game against auckland i think he may have drowned

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
what we need to do is get parra and the dogs playing on the same weekend as that crap they just had,and promote it fully,or any other teams with a big rivalry.
hell bring the poms out in a proper test series and have the second or last game played on the same night and promote the thing.
man the NRL suck

3 quarters of the ppl who watch the game on the weekends every week would be able to sell this product but the NRL are useless.

if the NRL keep going the way they are,we will have no rugby league to follow as the gay.f.l are comming to get us in a big way.
i for 1 will never watch or follow that game,if league dies in this country,i'll give up on all sports in winter and just watch cricket when it comes around.
we need a1000 cement trucks to crash into the NRLheadquarters and kill them all.

storm007

Juniors
Storm play for trophies already against
The Warriors - Michael Moore Trophy
The Bulldogs - Save the Kids (something like that)
The Broncos - Don't know the name of that one.

dimitri

First Grade
storm v dragons

ainscough smith would be perfect

it could also be sponsored

eg

crazy johns ainscough smith cup

dimitri

First Grade
what was it called?

how many times did they play?

i thought rams played last game in 1997 and storm played first game in 98