What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"THE ARL MUST RUN THE GAME"

DIEHARD

----
Any ideas how one governing body would work?

Does that mean New Ltd would stick its nose into the grass roots and international game?

News Ltd wont go for it. They have what they want. They wanted control of the club competition and wanted to leave the ARL "in charge" of grass roots and internationals. They got their wish.

"THE ARL MUST RUN THE GAME"

Ding Ding Ding, that was the correct answer, what do we have for him Johnny???

The ARL has to run the game, at the moment its being run by dickheads at nrl headquarters that cant see that not expanding into football hot zones like the central and gold coasts is stupid. But its not only news limited running the game, i would like to think that a certain latte sipping red headed dropkick that used to coach new south wales has a lot of input aswell.

Noel

Juniors
There's a lot of frustrated fans on the Gold and Central Coast and Wellington who don't want limited News running rugby league. I can see another Super League war brewing.

The ARL must run the game! :shock:

No......lets hope they dont get their chance.

An old politicaly run system of the old boys club. No one is accountable, you spend your time kissing the but of the people that have to vote you into the top job.

The ARL cant run the State Of Origin. They cant run test football. They think the "Australia" they should be looking after ends at Parramatta....

The ARL is a disaster!

I would rather the NRL run the game. The people that work at the NRL are professionals and they dont have agendas.

Their bosses do....but they dont.

You know who the NRL's bosses are.....

The ARL and News Ltd.

OVP

Coach
nospam49 said:

An old politicaly run system of the old boys club. No one is accountable, you spend your time kissing the but of the people that have to vote you into the top job.

The ARL cant run the State Of Origin. They cant run test football. They think the "Australia" they should be looking after ends at Parramatta....

The ARL is a disaster!

I would rather the NRL run the game. The people that work at the NRL are professionals and they dont have agendas.

The ARL and News Ltd.

Perhaps you are unaware, that could be your only reason to post that.

The only thing the ARL control is the State of Origin and lower grade comps, and quite frankly i think they handled it all rather well.

News Limited control the NRL first grade club comp 100%. Its true, so you are wrong.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
I shudder at the thought of the ARL running the game again, I still have nightmares about Arko and Quayle's bias and mismanagement.

Razor

Coach
The people that work at the NRL are professionals and they dont have agendas.

Don't have agendas? What planet do you live on?

I still have nightmares about Arko and Quayle's bias and mismanagement.

Quayle was one of the greatest administrators ever in Australia. Went onto a high level role in the Sydney games, and many other things.

We want Quayle back.

Arthurson certainly didn't do that badly.

Those 2 took the ARL from a Sydney competition to a nation-wide competition. News Ltd have killed a lot of their work in the past 5 years.

They weren't biased unless you worked for News Ltd in QLD.

OVP

Coach
Razor said:
The people that work at the NRL are professionals and they dont have agendas.

Don't have agendas? What planet do you live on?

I still have nightmares about Arko and Quayle's bias and mismanagement.

Quayle was one of the greatest administrators ever in Australia. Went onto a high level role in the Sydney games, and many other things.

We want Quayle back.

Arthurson certainly didn't do that badly.

Those 2 took the ARL from a Sydney competition to a nation-wide competition. News Ltd have killed a lot of their work in the past 5 years.

They weren't biased unless you worked for News Ltd in QLD.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superbly said Razor.

mightybears

Bench
quayle was top class administrator
arko had the blinkers on but at least he wanted the game controlled by league people as opposed to drones from a media mob intent on pay tv content

they made the game grow, so successfully that they became the take over target we now have

Bengal

Juniors
nospam49 said:

The ARL is a disaster!

The ARL and News Ltd.

I presume you'd be for big business running a country rather than a government.

The people within the NRL are there for one reason and one reason only - to appease News. Any blueprint for the future, will be to suit the purposes of News. The ARL can ever only counter what News wants, which I'm pretty sure pleases you!

Bengal said:
nospam49 said:

The ARL is a disaster!

The ARL and News Ltd.

I presume you'd be for big business running a country rather than a government.

The people within the NRL are there for one reason and one reason only - to appease News. Any blueprint for the future, will be to suit the purposes of News. The ARL can ever only counter what News wants, which I'm pretty sure pleases you!

Yes....the ARL and Rugby League is the basis for which I build all of my political opinions. :roll:

If ARL still ran the game i think id be sitting on the internet right now talking about soccer, my fave game in the world and wouldnt give a f**k about league. i wouldnt have a team to support because the Broncos would be long gone.

Bengal

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
If ARL still ran the game i think id be sitting on the internet right now talking about soccer, my fave game in the world and wouldnt give a f**k about league. i wouldnt have a team to support because the Broncos would be long gone.

I asked this same question somewhere else, but what do you base your view on? What was the ARL doing or not doing to make you feel this way?

Oh yeah - which soccer team do you support?

Me I'm a Leeds fan from before I even became a League fan (early 70's I so the light in Leeds).

Latest posts