What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bar is raised

brenno said:
after the panthers beat the raiders a couple of weeks ago some jibberer came on here (he may have been a roosters fan) and said that the raiders were no chance of winning the comp. After seeing the roosters wilt to a classy panthers outfit again tonight, they are indeed the benchmark and proved that ANY other team in the nrl will be crushed if they dont come ready to play against them. They should be premiership favourites and provided they if stay healthy, will be difficult to stop from going back 2 back.

I think the Raiders have a great base to build a team upon. But I really think they struggle in the halves.

Tommy Smith

Referee
nospam49 said:
brenno said:
after the panthers beat the raiders a couple of weeks ago some jibberer came on here (he may have been a roosters fan) and said that the raiders were no chance of winning the comp. After seeing the roosters wilt to a classy panthers outfit again tonight, they are indeed the benchmark and proved that ANY other team in the nrl will be crushed if they dont come ready to play against them. They should be premiership favourites and provided they if stay healthy, will be difficult to stop from going back 2 back.

I think the Raiders have a great base to build a team upon. But I really think they struggle in the halves.
That was exactly my point. I said the Raiders cant win the comp UNLESS they show somemore creativity in the halves.

anjado

Juniors
nah dude
i was talking to the guy who said gower wasnt international class
and brett was brett kimmorley not finch
sorry for the misunderstanding

brenno

Juniors
everybody is entitled to an opinion but i'm just trying to point how ridiculous it is to be so dismissive about a teams title chances so early in the season. Much like Tommy Smith did a couple of weeks ago........... its quite stupid really...

dice

Juniors
brenno said:
everybody is entitled to an opinion but i'm just trying to point how ridiculous it is to be so dismissive about a teams title chances so early in the season. Much like Tommy Smith did a couple of weeks ago........... its quite stupid really...

After last year you'd think a Panthers supporter would know better. I think the Raiders are a definite hope.... still a bunch of chokers ;-)

woodgers

Bench
Chokers? We matched the Panthers for 70 minutes. You guys were on the back foot for the first 5 minutes onwards. Our guys will gather confidence in watching that.

dice

Juniors
Some of you guys have no sense of humour. BTW, speaking of the Raiders being confident against the roosters when was the last time the Raider beat the roosters?

I am sure the raiders are oozing confidence. :lol:

Foz

Bench
I thought Campbell was outstanding. Gower played very well but went to sleep for about 20 mins of the 2nd half.
The Roosters look to be hitting back and the Panthers were looking for someone to lead them out of a flat time.
It was set up for Gower to do this but up stepped Preston Campbell.
Joel Clinton should be the first front rower picked in the Test side.
Clinton and the 2 second rowers made the chook pack look soft.

Munky

Coach
The Original Eye said:
Craig Gower was average against GB in all 3 Tests.

International footy is totally different to the NRL. Gower's had his chance and did not set the world on fire.

A good club player.

Gower was crap in the tests because he wasn't playing in the halves. He may of had the number 6 jersey but it was Lockyer who got all the ball at second receiver.

mightypanther

Juniors
Thank you Southern Rooster.........you are a credit to your club. :clap:

There are many others here you should follow your example.

Crusader

Bench
I agree that the Panthers continue to be a little undermined at times and they are proving they can go the distance, good on them I say :clap:

Fibroman

First Grade
I hope the rep selectors sat up and took detailed notes last night. How Luke Lewis wasn't named in that 25 man test squad is absolutely beyond me. Why wouldn't you want Preston Campbell on the bench as an impact player at rep level?

Ben Ross is looking very good for a moroon jersey this year. What more does Craig Gower have to do to get a start in the blue #7?

Crusader

Bench
I went into that VNRL and the only really top player I managed to keep in the bidding war was Preston Campbell... what a damn shame :lol:

fibro man said:
I hope the rep selectors sat up and took detailed notes last night. How Luke Lewis wasn't named in that 25 man test squad is absolutely beyond me. Why wouldn't you want Preston Campbell on the bench as an impact player at rep level?

Ben Ross is looking very good for a moroon jersey this year. What more does Craig Gower have to do to get a start in the blue #7?

If Australia picked Gower and Campbell in the halves...NZ will get smashed.

Australia should be a collection of the best 17 FOOTBALLERS in Australia. Not the best 17 athletes.

fibro man said:

Lewis should get picked this year, no doubt.

As for Gower, all he needs is for Joey to get an unfortunate injury...