What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bears still alive and fighting for re-admittance!

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
You may be surprised.

Also - imagine the terrific loathing for the Manly scum from the North shore and the central coast.

Aaahaha I still have tapes of Manly v Norths most at North Sydney Oval 1993-1996

Terrific loathing... what, from the 3-4 dribblers on the hill holding Sears and Larsen banners, they zoomed in on one overweight norths supporter holding one and he had Big Mac special sauce dribbled all down the front of his jersey from the special meal he received.

Manly 26, Norths 10 at NSO
Manly 11, Norths 8 at NSO
Manly 30, Norths 0 at NSO
Manly 36, Norths 6 at Brooky
Norths 20, Manly 10 at NSO
Manly 29, Norths 6 at Brooky

Yeah yeah we all know u think manly are scum, cos they took away your special bears, had nothing to do with the number of teams in sydney or the fact they hadn't won a comp in 60 odd bloody years, I got a couple of Norths mates that live in the willoughby area and when it comes to rugby league they're about as f**ked in the head as you are Ronny you soft c**k bastard! :lol:

That said, I wouldn't mind if norths were back in the comp!

Mr Manly

Juniors
Logically impossible:
1. If a person were uglier than Peter Peters, he would shoot himself immediately;
2. this assumes the parents didn't do this in the first place - a proactive step.
3. Last option, if a person was AS UGLY as Peters, then their only possible saviour is that they don't support the Manly scum. This is why Peters is not only physically repulsive but his connection with Manly makes him an intellectual, moral and human failure as well.

Also - I'm not bitter at all. I think the Bears were defrauded and deserve to be back in the NRL.

I think Manly are scum. Most people do.

When will you idiots understand this?

lol

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Yet to meet a local who wants a CC NRL team? I could go down the path of are you a shut-in, serving time at a secret terrigal prison? etc

No.

I'm yet to meet a local who wants a re-located, dead and buried NRL team who never acheived anything in their entire existence, forcefully pushed to the Coast merely to please their own agenda's.

Be it Norfs, Soufs or whoever is first to reach the carrot.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
As does every forum.

Congratulations - You have the job.

Calling for a club that's been dead and buried for ten years to be re-established when all sane facts and figures are against it is a shoe in for the big red nose.

I'll freely support any movement for a Central Coast side - However it must have it's own unique identity. Free from any affiliations with any club, past or present. I dare say most Coast residents would agree with me. However, the need for national strength within this competition should be regarded as more of a priority than another NSW team, which seems to be the general opinion both in here and in the main media outlets.

To speak on behalf of a community that you don't reside in is farsical. I wonder how many of your compatriots actually reside on the Central Coast?

Big-Steve

Juniors
Calling for a club that's been dead and buried for ten years to be re-established when all sane facts and figures are against it is a shoe in for the big red nose.

I'll freely support any movement for a Central Coast side - However it must have it's own unique identity. Free from any affiliations with any club, past or present. I dare say most Coast residents would agree with me. However, the need for national strength within this competition should be regarded as more of a priority than another NSW team, which seems to be the general opinion both in here and in the main media outlets.

To speak on behalf of a community that you don't reside in is farsical. I wonder how many of your compatriots actually reside on the Central Coast?
Your extraordinary anti Bears sentiment is well know on this forum and frankly your opinion is not taken seriously on this subject. Normally anyone is entitled to their opinion but your arguments make no sense. “Dead and buried” “never achieved anything in their entire existence” these are not credible facts.

It’s well known that any so called anti Bears movement on the Coast is confined to parts of Terrigal and clearly you are of that trend.

But the rest of the Coast does not show your bias and in the coming year your wish of a non-Bears team is in for a rued awakening.

I ALMOST fell sorry for you.

MayMoo

Juniors

Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face:

The Bears are not dead and buried Thanks Mate.

They tried to move there in the 90’s and it didn’t work for lots of reasons mainly bad luck with weather etc, roof put on upside down etc. Long before the NRL was offering millions to get someone up there.

All sane facts and figures back-up that the combination of a new franchise on the Central Coast, whilst tying in the tradition and fans from the adjoining North Shore would be a hit.

There are many Bears fans on the CC, including many football club members.

This is a Central Coast team that is being proposed.

My feedback is pretty positive even from fans of other clubs who live up there too. No I don’t live on the Coast, although I spend a lot of work / leisure time up there. So I won’t speak on behalf of the community. I don’t know if you can either.

In a nutshell, if a new franchise was created and not called the Bears it would be an act of bastardry along the lines of their continued current exclusion from the NRL.

To continue to ignore the North Shore as a market of importance to the NRL would be bloody-minded to say the least.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I wouldn;t waste your time on this idiot.

how quickly we forget - they had a criteria and Manly - with no money, sh*t ground, zero crowds and ordinary performance "passed" the criteria. thanks, Arko.

If it wasn't for the fraud done on the Bears, Manly would be floating head down off the Manly sewer. You should be forever grateful, Manly scum.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
:lol::lol:

You three keep telling yourselves all of the above. We may very well see Super-Pig gliding through the skies any day now.

Any Anti-bears sentiment shown from myself is nothing compared to that of Rockin Ronny. But hey, let's follow his line and throw all non-Bears or Manly fans into the same basket of Bears haters. Then wonder why no one cares no matter how many of these threads you create.

Personally I don't posess the same blind hatred of other teams/people that Ronny is radiating and would be the first to welcome a Central Coast team. But as a resident and a league fan, it is in the best interests of the region to have it's own identity. Not share a team with the North Shore from last century. But I do respect your passion.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Mr Burns: "You know what Smithers, I think I'll donate $1 million to the local charity."
Smithers: "Really Sir?"
Mr Burns: "Yes, when pigs fly!"

*pig flies outside window*

Smithers: "Will you be donating the money now Sir?"
Mr Burns: "No, I'd still prefer not."

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Mr Burns: "You know what Smithers, I think I'll donate $1 million to the local charity."
Smithers: "Really Sir?"
Mr Burns: "Yes, when pigs fly!"

*pig flies outside window*

Smithers: "Will you be donating the money now Sir?"
Mr Burns: "No, I'd still prefer not."

:lol::lol:

There is a Simpsons moment for every situation or scenario in life. Fact.

Red Bear

Referee
Im surprised just how anti-bears you are CC. Bit sad really, many Manly fans seem to miss having Norths around, it was a fantastic rivalry (despite us losing a fair share of the games:()
Rockin Ronny is a loose cannon, but dont judge every bears fan on that. The majority of sensible fans hold no ill-feeling regarding the Neagles disaster (altho there is still hatred cos lets face it, you're Manly). Would be f**kin great to have the Bears back and alive against Manly again however.
I think it was t-ba who said a part of Manly died when Norths left the comp.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Im surprised just how anti-bears you are CC. Bit sad really, many Manly fans seem to miss having Norths around, it was a fantastic rivalry (despite us losing a fair share of the games:()
Rockin Ronny is a loose cannon, but dont judge every bears fan on that. The majority of sensible fans hold no ill-feeling regarding the Neagles disaster (altho there is still hatred cos lets face it, you're Manly). Would be f**kin great to have the Bears back and alive against Manly again however.
I think it was t-ba who said a part of Manly died when Norths left the comp.

I don't hold any Anti-Bears sentiment that isn't your standard "We're from across the Spit, na-na-na".

I just don't think they're right for the Central Coast. No argument from me if the NRL re-admits the Bears playing out of NSO for 2009. It'd be great for the game. But relocating to the coast, not so much.

mightybears

Bench
CC, you're the leagueunlimited Manly tool, you have been for years. Your views swing from the wildly anti norths to the vaguely normal. Again i say get the script filled, get outside and go for a jog.

Mr Manly

Juniors
We are the champions and you are not even in the comp -they are the facts - i like the line from the fella saying that got kicked out of the comp coz the roof was upside down lol...... - comparing manly to norths is like comparing........well manly to norths......we are better than you.