What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The beginning of the end ...

OVP

Coach
of Australia's dominance at Test level is what will happen this weekend.

Great Britain will win because i think our forward pack is vulnerable when Fitzgibbon doesnt play. Its easiest to see in the way Hindmarsh plays. With Fitzy there, Nathan doesnt have to concentrate on defence as much and hence his attacking play is sensational to watch and thus gains many metres in attack. Same with the other forwards too. Fitzgibbon takes alot of the pressure off them in defence so they can concentrate more in attack.

For them to prove me wrong, i think Hindmarsh will need to concentrate more on defence and guys like Willie Mason and Webcke NEED to step up in attack.

While we'll probably end up winning the tri-series, i still see that Australia's dominance will probably end in about 2 years time. This weekend's game will be the turning point.

DIEHARD

----
I pray the Kangaroos can hold out the Lions. I have to admit it is going to be a tough feat....the Lions really do look good.

yakstorm

First Grade
Ahh isn't this great :D

This is what Test Match football is meant to be all about, two nations both with a good chance of winning, should be a thrilling encounter

RB30DETT

Juniors
OVP said:
of Australia's dominance at Test level is what will happen this weekend.

Great Britain will win because i think our forward pack is vulnerable when Fitzgibbon doesnt play. Its easiest to see in the way Hindmarsh plays. With Fitzy there, Nathan doesnt have to concentrate on defence as much and hence his attacking play is sensational to watch and thus gains many metres in attack. Same with the other forwards too. Fitzgibbon takes alot of the pressure off them in defence so they can concentrate more in attack.

For them to prove me wrong, i think Hindmarsh will need to concentrate more on defence and guys like Willie Mason and Webcke NEED to step up in attack.

While we'll probably end up winning the tri-series, i still see that Australia's dominance will probably end in about 2 years time. This weekend's game will be the turning point.

Fitzgibbon did bugger all in the second game against the Kiwis, him starting injured didnt help.

The Clan

Juniors
I know you Ausies like to back a winner but come on!

I just can't get used to you shufflers supporting a Great Britain win over Australia, my brain can't compute it!.

DIEHARD

----
Everyone Australian going for the Lions is a traitor.

Get out of our country now! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

GO THE ALMIGHTY KANGAROOS!!!

ledzep

Bench
DIEHARD said:

stuff australia
i want GB to win for rugby league's sake

DIEHARD

----
I'll let you off the hook Savage Panther, but roosterbooster1 you are on my shit list. ;-) :lol:

ruggabugga

Juniors
Diehard,

What the Chickenboost doesn't realise is that the 'Roos will play below their best without national support and may lose to inferior teams. How does league benefit if the winner lowers the games standards? Aussies support Aussies and hopefully we thrash anything pomme or Kiwi on the way. :idea:

Broncodroid

Juniors
OVP

Whilst I appreciate the bold prediction, your way off. GB, NZ will always be pretenders in the international arena when comparing themselves to the Australians. They may jag a game here or there, but when push comes to shove, the 'cream rises to the top' and we continue to dominate world (as little as the word 'world' means in League) Rugby League.

This weekend, they play ONE game, fair enough if we lose, good luck to the Poms, they also beat us one on the Roo Tours of 90 & 94 which was going to be the catalyst for a revolt from the UK...where are they now ? Still trying to live up to that promise and correct me if I am wrong, they also one year ago lost 3 nil to an understrength Aussie team.

This game we are without the games premiere player (Darren Lockyer), one of the best backrowers in the world (Fitzgibbon) though we should still win this game comfortably if we play to our potential.

The 2 players mentioned above is a definite loss, though look at the side selected. We are damn fine and will be for the coming 10 years and furthermore. The NRL competition is the standard, our junior competitions are competitive and we develope our young talent not hold it back.

This game a turning point ? Please expand here. :| How so ? Whilst it must of sounded good when you read it back to yourself, where is basis for this argument ? If we lose and end up winning the tri-series, how is this a turning point ? It is just another example where the Uk team were lucky enough to win a game though we took the trophy yet again.

screeny

Bench
A PA journo reckons Noble will start Faz and Fielden at props, Moz and Peacock 2nd rows, O'Loughlin lock, Scully 6 and Walker on the left wing.

Interesting indeed, with Ellis, McGuire, Bailey on the bench with Wellens (boooo! - my only argument with the squad, Nobby should've had Higham on there).

Fascinating, fascinating, fascinating.

OVP

Coach
DIEHARD said:

Mate i'd NEVER go for them .. i just stated why i think they'll win.

Our forwards are a little weak at this stage.

OVP

Coach
I dont think anyone has actually listenened to me to be honest.

GB will win this weekend but Oz will win the tri-series overall

And it wont be for at least 2 years before our stranglehold is on the wane.

Look at our team ... to compare Gower/Lockyer/Kimmorley with either Johns/Fittler/Daley or Lewis is treason imo. Not only that, our forwards ARE NOT as strong as they used to be ... and THAT makes or breaks a team.

Im sorry but i think the Poms have a stronger forward pack going into the current test.

bartman

Immortal
OVP, Hindy does defence alright don't worry. He was almost the only one doing it for Parramatta week in week out this year!

But yeah, if Hindy reverts to pure defence to help cover Fitzgibbon's absence, then Ryan, Webcke, Ryles, Mason, and Petero need to step up in attack.

GB's pack will have the advantage on Australia's for sure, just like NZ's pack for the Auckland game did too. It may take GBs halves and backline a game to gel though, and that could be the Kangaroo's svaing grace.

I expect Australia to have a better chance in this game than they will in the return in a fortnight's time... Two wins, one draw and one loss :shock: will still be enough for Australia to get in the final.

Latest posts