What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

I thought we'd lose by at least 20. Instead we only lost by 10. The effort was there, and it was much better than last week, but it's still pretty sad when losing by 10 points is considered an improvement.
I missed the post game ceremonies. Did they each get a 'Great Effort' medal or is it just a team trophy? It's not an improvement when you lose. We will go nowhere at this rate, just back and forth between dismal, average and okay.

"New Dragons" my arse.

Coach promotes Lawrie when he shouldn't be in the team. Says it all.

Parko1310

Juniors
Hunt - terrible. Last play options were abhorrent.

Lomax - Packed it in for the year, got his contract, he's done

Bird - Offers nothing but mistakes (he was unlucky on that challenge, that was just Badger being incompetent, the ball never goes forward)

Liddle - Showed why he is a 14 today, and nothing more

Ravalawa - shown he isn't good enough which he keeps doing, but oh he scored some tries so it's all good!

Lawrie - Sorry but Couchman cannot be in reserves next week, he needs a call up. Lawrie is the worst middle I've ever seen in my life. That marker defence for the last try just sums him up: lumbers along, slow, plodder, hopeless, non-impactful, horrendous, uninspiring. These are just some things that make Lawrie, Lawrie.

Su'a, De Belin and Sloan - Well done. Played really well, and did just about all you could do.

matPORTS

Juniors
Happy with the first half. Weathered the storm early on. Once we stopped being so erratic with the ball in hand we created chances. Important thing is Sharks will be frustrated because no doubt they would have been expecting to roll over us.

Question marks for the second half are have we learnt our lessons from the Knights game, and do we have enough defensive resolve for when they storm our line again (it is going to come).

To summarise my final thoughts of the day:

Overall - we did defend pretty well and this is what will have us in good stead to improve further as the season goes on.

Unfortunately though, when we are put under defensive pressure ourselves (and with the inevitable scoreboard pressure that comes with that), we crumble like an empty plastic Coke bottle.

I don't know what goes through Ben Hunts' head sometimes, but we had at least three sets where he needed to be putting a stab kick in behind the posts on the last. But instead, we run it ! The final nail in the coffin was the last set before the Hazleton try where he tried to be Joey Johns in the 97 GF.

I think I've lost my voice screaming for them to go left in order to give K Flanno a chance at some options in a set. When he finally got a chance where he touched the ball 3-4 times in a set (there was about 7mins still left on the clock) it was too little too late with no time left to build any further pressure.

The game was there for the taking today. I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed, despite my personal promise of staying grounded in this first year of the Flanno-era.

The players, for the most part, had a dig today. I can't criticise anyone too hard (apart from what I've already done with Hunt). But, we are definitely a quality middle forward and a quality edge forward short in our roster. If we are going after Nelson Asofa-Solomona (as rumoured) then this would be a good (but not exactly great) start (may not be the best option but there isn't much else available with our best juniors still being 3-4 years away from regular first grade).

True_Believer

Juniors
Hunt - terrible. Last play options were abhorrent.

Lomax - Packed it in for the year, got his contract, he's done

Bird - Offers nothing but mistakes (he was unlucky on that challenge, that was just Badger being incompetent, the ball never goes forward)

Liddle - Showed why he is a 14 today, and nothing more

Ravalawa - shown he isn't good enough which he keeps doing, but oh he scored some tries so it's all good!

Lawrie - Sorry but Couchman cannot be in reserves next week, he needs a call up. Lawrie is the worst middle I've ever seen in my life. That marker defence for the last try just sums him up: lumbers along, slow, plodder, hopeless, non-impactful, horrendous, uninspiring. These are just some things that make Lawrie, Lawrie.

Su'a, De Belin and Sloan - Well done. Played really well, and did just about all you could do.
You're obviously watching a different game with some of these comments.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
That was clear Flanno Ball on display in that second half. Slow, sideways and error ridden.
A well coached and disciplined side would not have let that game slide, let alone be kept scoreless in the second half.

FMD what did the super coach say in the sheds at half time to inspire that piss poor second half?

Tricky Flanno though, I'm sure we can all look forward to one or two of these cliches in the presser:

1) Have a cheeky dig at Souths for next week. Classic and Bennett like deflection right there 😍😍

Or

2) Say some changes are coming but proceed to copy and paste his pet favourites for team sheet Tuesday.

Or

3) Make a comment about how we won't come last this year and wear that as his badge of honour.

Anyway everyone keep the faith, it won't be long before we get to that illusive sixth win and we can give Flanno a big pat on the back for improving the team over the course of the season. Keep supporting and placing your blind faith in this moron cheater coach please as we're now training at Kogarah some days 🙂 🙂 🙂

@maestro1
@Dragonssupporter

bmaccc

Juniors
YoDmUkr.jpeg

Sharks vs who?? :oops:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Good first half. But easily our worst second half ever. To only lose by 10 isn't so bad considering how sh*t we were but fmd our attack is worrying.

Also seemed like there was a lack of intensity for a local derby. No one looked fired up except sua who is playing elite. Happy to see sloan tackling.

Anyway, I expected to lose today. Should beat the bunnies lmao but you never know, and then the bye to rest up.
Pretty sad though isnt it...we expected to lose today did so but because its only by 10 its half a pass mark.......

True_Believer

Juniors
I lay sole blame for the loss on Hunt and it’s not the first time he’s cost us a game with bad options. As long as he and Bird are in the team nothing will change. The Sharks were there for the taking and if we had a decent half back with some game management skills, we would have won tonight.
Agreed - I think Hunt's game today cost us. So many stupid decisions in attack.

maestro1

Bench
That was clear Flanno Ball on display in that second half. Slow, sideways and error ridden.
A well coached and disciplined side would not have let that game slide, let alone be kept scoreless in the second half.

FMD what did the super coach say in the sheds at half time to inspire that piss poor second half?

Tricky Flanno though, I'm sure we can all look forward to one or two of these cliches in the presser:

1) Have a cheeky dig at Souths for next week. Classic and Bennett like deflection right there 😍😍

Or

2) Say some changes are coming but proceed to copy and paste his pet favourites for team sheet Tuesday.

Or

3) Make a comment about how we won't come last this year and wear that as his badge of honour.

Anyway everyone keep the faith, it won't be long before we get to that illusive sixth win and we can give Flanno a big pat on the back for improving the team over the course of the season. Keep supporting and placing your blind faith in this moron cheater coach please as we're now training at Kogarah some days 🙂 🙂 🙂

@maestro1
@Dragonssupporter
Unbelievable

Dragon for life

Juniors
The team put in a far better effort than the Anzac match debacle. Hunts kicking game is simply horrendous & is a massive bonus to the opposition.
Sharks too good against our one out plodders with the Hail Mary kicker.
Totally agree. 4 one out hit ups with the same backline move attached and then the same bomb everytime on the last

Latest posts