What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I know what to expect from your posts, but for someone who feels that it's necessary to attack other posters for their lack of intelligence, you seem to have a very one dimensional way of thinking.

It's not just about "Oh, this guy can tackle and do nothing else. He must be pretty shit". It's about the fact that Eisenhuth has a proper workmanlike attitude, which our team severely lacks in the forwards department. The fact that he had the energy to make a few pretty decent carries on top of all his work in defense speaks volumes about his attitude and commitment to the team. Without him, I guarantee you, the scoreline is a lot uglier than 20-10. Who was the last Dragons forward you saw that even got close to attempting that many tackles in a game?

But hey, it's just another "useless signing from the drug cheat".
I guess my one dimensional way of thinking is the same as Eisenhuth's one dimensional way of playing then?

As I said there are two sides to the game, awesome if Eisenhuths makes some tackles but he is a useless plodder with ball in hand. He isn't first grade standard.

Great he might have an awesome attitude but it's skill that wins you games, not attitude and unfortunately he is sorely lacking in any ball or running skills.

JDB has been putting in big defensive efforts his whole career and at least has a pass and a half decent running game, if Eisenhuth who is an NSW cup player at any other club, is the new pin up boy, then that is a damn sad sign of the times as he is bloody ordinary.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I guess my one dimensional way of thinking is the same as Eisenhuth's one dimensional way of playing then?

As I said there are two sides to the game, awesome if Eisenhuths makes some tackles but he is a useless plodder with ball in hand. He isn't first grade standard.

Great he might have an awesome attitude but it's skill that wins you games, not attitude and unfortunately he is sorely lacking in any ball or running skills.

You do realise we're in a rebuild, right? Eisenhuth's return on investment has been tremendous. I also wouldn't call his way of playing totally 'one dimensional'. He has an offload in him and is quite strong one on one

Saying he's not first grade standard is totally absurd. He seemed to make FG almost every week playing for Melbourne last season - they're a premier club.

Though I do agree that skill plays a major role in winning games, to say that attitude does not win you games is totally absurd. I can promise you that the most skilled team with a shit attitude gets beat by a mediocre team with a winning mentality every day of the week. Look at Melbourne/Penrith. These players they sign aren't necessarily superstars, but they come to these clubs and transform their careers. It isn't just because they have their potential unlocked, but because they also discover a proper winning mentality/attitude that is absolutely critical to being a top side. Skill is important, but it doesn't necessarily need to apply to all players, 1-17 as demonstrated by many sides. Eisenuth fits into this rebuild very nicely.

I know you have plenty of vitriol for Flanno. That's fine, as I can't control, and wouldn't try to control what you think, but the signing of Eisenhuth is something you can't criticise him for.

but the signing of Eisenhuth is something you can't criticise him for.
Yes we can. Seen his running metres this season, once over 100, usually round 50 and he plays big minutes. Admittedly he does shore up our middle defense but so do others like JDB who unlike Eisenhuth is usually the first into the tackle and he rarely misses. I take a close look at players when I rewatch a game and Eisenhuth, is more often second even third into a tackle. Not sure how experts rate a tackle, but in my book an assisted tackle is not a clean tackle.

Last edited:
I know you have plenty of vitriol for Flanno.
So do I as should most other loyal fans. So far I dont see him as any better than Hook. Like him, he plays favorites, does not have the pulling power to bring any marquees to this club. Promised us a new dawn in '25, who have we signed that will create this. Our opponents are gazumping us for players and rebuilding their rosters, while we continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes we can. Seen his running metres this season, once over 100, usually round 50. Admittedly he does shore up our middle defense but so do others like like JDB who unlike Eisenhuth is usually first into his tackles.
Well he (Eisenhuth) pulled off a lovely one on one yesterday. Very effective. Unfortunately these wonderful tackles are not rewarded as it allows a quick play the ball. Got to change the rules!

Last edited:

Wolfgang90

Juniors

JDB has been putting in big defensive efforts his whole career and at least has a pass and a half decent running game, if Eisenhuth who is an NSW cup player at any other club, is the new pin up boy, then that is a damn sad sign of the times as he is bloody ordinary.

Hook is that you? or is it Mary?

It's weird to single out Eisenhuth when most forwards had similar meters. Apart from Su'a & JDB none of our forwards made many meters. At least Eisenhuth had an elite defensive performance.

Btw Panthers wanted him too but the opportunity to play regular 1st grade in our team is why he picked us. Storm players have also spoken highly of him & he regularly played in 1st grade with them last year & previous years.

Should've realised your full of it when you wrote that bolded sentence. Have a look at the Panthers defence, that's built on attitude then have a look at the cowboys skilfull team who are 1-4 in the last month & are running 10th because of their poor defensive attitude.

since77

Juniors
You do realise we're in a rebuild, right? Eisenhuth's return on investment has been tremendous. I also wouldn't call his way of playing totally 'one dimensional'. He has an offload in him and is quite strong one on one

Saying he's not first grade standard is totally absurd. He seemed to make FG almost every week playing for Melbourne last season - they're a premier club.

Though I do agree that skill plays a major role in winning games, to say that attitude does not win you games is totally absurd. I can promise you that the most skilled team with a shit attitude gets beat by a mediocre team with a winning mentality every day of the week. Look at Melbourne/Penrith. These players they sign aren't necessarily superstars, but they come to these clubs and transform their careers. It isn't just because they have their potential unlocked, but because they also discover a proper winning mentality/attitude that is absolutely critical to being a top side. Skill is important, but it doesn't necessarily need to apply to all players, 1-17 as demonstrated by many sides. Eisenuth fits into this rebuild very nicely.

I know you have plenty of vitriol for Flanno. That's fine, as I can't control, and wouldn't try to control what you think, but the signing of Eisenhuth is something you can't criticise him for.
First rule of the internet - don't feed the trolls. Use that ignore button. They'll go away when no one can see them.

Dragon David

First Grade
So do I and should most other loyal fans. So far I dont see him as any better than Hook. Like him, he plays favorites, does not have the pulling power to bring any marquees to this club. Promised us a new dawn in '25, who have we signed that will create this. Our opponents are gazumping us for players and rebuilding their rosters, while we continue to wallow in mediocrity.
Well RedVHeartbeat, you could be right particularly with the lack of new signings for 2025 so far particularly marquee ones.

I think that at this stage Flanno is ahead of Hook and he needs more time to show his worth or die on his sword. Our roster is poor I am convinced of this and there aren't too many available in the system except maybe one of the Couchman brothers - others not ready yet. Suli and Luc will be coming back, Sloan is improving, Hunt is going backwards, Lomax can't be the player of each match so he will have off days. It is a problem but let's wait and see.

We have to beat Souths, but they are a bogey team like Cronulla is for us, we have a bye after that game and then we have the Bulldogs, Panthers and Tigers - all tough games (Tigers want revenge). So in the next 5 weeks we will have some answers - good or bad.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yes we can. Seen his running metres this season, once over 100, usually round 50. Admittedly he does shore up our middle defense but so do others like like JDB who unlike Eisenhuth is usually first into his tackles.
The fact you and Hornby here are trying to compare JDB and Eisenhuth is remarkable and shows blind bias towards one side of an argument. Hornby is on his Flanagan death ride whilst you're riding JDB to death.

JDB and Eisenhuth play completely different roles in this team. Eisenhuth's JOB is to go out there and make tackles, whilst JDB's job is to go out there, make diagonal runs in behind the ruck, get quick play the balls and get us on a move on. f**king of course JDB is going to make more metres oh my god.

What you have failed to see completely is how good Eisenhuth's ruck control is. JDB DOES NOT possess this quality. It's why we are so often, and have been so often, completely run over the top of in games not only this season but in years gone by. Because our middles (Lawrie, Molo, JDB) know nothing about ruck control. I challenge you instead of reading the stats sheet next game to watch Eisenhuth's work AFTER the tackle is complete. Note that those back-to-back 15+ metre plays for the opposition do not come off the back of an Eisenhuth tackle. They'll always come off the back of, for example, a Blake Lawrie not moving, getting dominated in the contact, then getting pushed to the wayside in the ruck where he just sits there on his ass, can't physically get back, and the dummy-half will take advantage of the quick play the ball and gap in the defensive line left by these blokes. Just watch the game rather than the stats

justadragon

Bench
What a ridiculous and hate filled rant from yourself.

You said just yesterday that you believed your man Flanno had the best interest of the club at heart and should be persisted with blah blah.

That performance today shows he had no game plan, it was just the same old dumb rugby league played over any point in time from us in the last 12 years.

FMD he couldn't even get them to aim up and close out the game in the second half on a really heavy track.

How much longer are you going to keep believing in this hopeless peanut of a coach? He needs to be sacked IMMEDIATELY.
If I were you I would not be accusing anyone of having hate filled rants !!!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What you have failed to see completely is how good Eisenhuth's ruck control is.
I was watching the game and saw the ruck penalty he gave away in the second half. So I would argue his ruck control isn't all that good, nowhere near as good as you're insinuating here at least.

As I've pointed out, this isn't NFL, there isn't offense and defensive teams, NRL requires players to do both and Eisenhuth is a boring one dimensional ball runner with no speed or lateral movement.

FFS you and Kogarah Warrior talk this guy up as he is a marquee player.
There's clearly a reason why he has played just 68 NRL games at 31.

If we're basing our so called rebuild off this type of player and we're blowing smoke up his ass for doing nothing special, then that just shows how low our expectations are.

Parko1310

Juniors
I was watching the game and saw the ruck penalty he gave away in the second half. So I would argue his ruck control isn't all that good, nowhere near as good as you're insinuating here at least.

As I've pointed out, this isn't NFL, there isn't offense and defensive teams, NRL requires players to do both and Eisenhuth is a boring one dimensional ball runner with no speed or lateral movement.

FFS you and Kogarah Warrior talk this guy up as he is a marquee player.
There's clearly a reason why he has played just 68 NRL games at 31.

If we're basing our so called rebuild off this type of player and we're blowing smoke up his ass for doing nothing special, then that just shows how low our expectations are.
If you want to point out one-off incidents from the game, then didn't you say Eisenhuth doesn't have an offload? He made an offload I recall in the game so there you go.

His ruck control is excellent, clearly our best player at this by an absolute mile. And no one ever said he was marquee either, you're pulling that out of your ass. People are pointing out he's getting undeserved criticism for not playing a role he's not supposed to play in this team. Yeah, he's not a damaging ball runner by any means, and he is limited in his capability, I don't think anyone would argue that. But 66 tackles is an amazing effort, that is undeniable. His excellent control of the ruck is also undeniable, I don't see how anyone having actually watched it could argue otherwise. I mean seriously, he's probably given away one penalty all year in the ruck.. you just can't deny his obvious ability in this area unless you're just not going to allow yourself to acknowledge any of his strengths because you don't like the player

I can promise you that the most skilled team with a shit attitude gets beat by a mediocre team with a winning mentality every day of the week. Look at Melbourne/Penrith. These players they sign aren't necessarily superstars, but they come to these clubs and transform their careers. It isn't just because they have their potential unlocked, but because they also discover a proper winning mentality/attitude
:100:

Damaging ball runners win us more games than those that simply take up the ball. Only two post 100m yesterday and no prize for guessing who, S'ua 148m, JDB 128m. Three other forwards struggled to amass 150m between them. Woeful.

Latest posts