What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best and worse thing about parra

EelGirl

Juniors
Just sitting here buggered after a long week, and thought I would ask this, what do you think is the best and worse thing about the Eels?

Sterling

Juniors
crusader-eel said:
Best thing: Give you hope each year that they'll win the Premiership

Worst thing: Let me down each year

i couldnt have said it any better .....

im sure the same applies to every eels fan .....

Parra Guru

Coach
The best thing is the feeling when they play at home
The worst thing is probably the lack of appreciation the club shows for the fans

half

Coach
best - brett finch
worst - the price of the sausage and onion on a roll "special" at the ground ($5)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Best thing: The fact they are Parramatta and not Manly
Worst thing: The fan boy/girl & hater groups who can't admit when certain players make errors (fan boys/girls) or can't admit when the player does good things (haters)

Bazal

Post Whore
Best thing-Despite our inconsistencies we always seem to have a shot at finals footy
Worst-Baseless, moronic hate towards players who have achieved far more than the idiots bringing them down. Manly (purely because they need a vote whenever the word "worst" is mentioned)

sportsmad

Juniors
crusader-eel said:
Best thing: Give you hope each year that they'll win the Premiership

Worst thing: Let me down each year

:clap::clap::clap: that's gold.

for me best thing is taking/watching with my 2 boys at the game.
worst thing, facing manly & dogs fans after we lose.......man i hate that :x

Eelementary

Post Whore
BEST: the history of the club; the way it makes me feel to watch them play (win, lose or draw); an indescribale feeling of "belonging" whenever I'm surrounded by my fellow Eels-supporting brethren, cheering the team on...It's the greatest feeling ever

WORST: a seemingly ever-present mentality issue within the club meaning they seem unable to lift for big games; the fact that, were it not for a freak period in the 80's, we'd be just like Cronulla and have no Premierships; how much people bag the crap out of us.

Best: The 80's backline of Ella, Sterlo, Kenny, Grothe, Cronin & co

Worst: Lack of mongrel in forwards to win tight games ( current eels team)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Best thing about the Eels is remembering being a young tacker an watching us play in the 80's.

Worst thing about the Eels, would have to be about 95 when we sucked massive arse. And i copped sh*t for following Parra and living in Brissy.(i still cop heaps of sh*t :( )But f**k'em :)

Skeletor

Juniors
Best: The best Junior set-up in the nation.

Worst: The best junior set-up in the nation, which forces us to lose many talented players to the salary cap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Best: almost everything.

worst: They can be a health hazard at times...mentally and physically.

Fathead

Bench
Best - The high esteem the club is held in the community and business world - we are known as skillful but above all fair.

Worst - The knowledge that 10 mins to go in a game and there is every likelihood the opposition will come over the top of us and win the game.

denwatts

Juniors
The Best Thing.When the Parra chant goes up around the ground when wer'e on top of the other team.
The Worst Thing.When the other teams chant goes up when they are on top of us.

Best: My mates from footy - Dusty, Flatch, Ron, Dennis etc. They make games even more enjoyable.

Worst: The North Terrace, without a doubt.