What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best juniors since 2000

Frederick

Staff member
Tone knows more about this club and it's players than you could ever wish to, so how's about you be a good little noobie and shut the f**k up when you don't know what you're talking about.

BTW, welcome to the board :)

antonius

Coach
the ref said:
Well you must have rocks in your head then or only pretend to know what your talking about
Errrrr....That's what I said isn't it?? I tend to agree that Jermain Ale was a junior we should've hung onto, there's no denying though that Quinn has thus far progressed his career further than Ale, though Ale has plenty of time left. Chris Tyrie was a very good player, and I can tell you I was pissed off at the treatment he recieved at the club. However his last year here was pretty ordinary by his previous standards, and the fact he hasn't tried to go on anywhere else says to me that maybe he wasn't up to First grade footy, Walsh is yet to prove that, but all the indications are there that he will. As someone earlier indicated, it's all about opinion, you and I obviously disagree on Tyrie and Walsh, that's fine by me.

roopy

Referee
At the Flegg level - Tyrie was a more dominant player than Walsh - but Tyrie used to pretty much keep the ball btween himself, Luke Dureau and Brad Wallace (5/8 and hooker) all game. They didn't need outside backs, or thought they didn't.
Tyrie had a million chances at PL level and never made his mark really - while Walsh has had about a dozen games and managed to be top tryscorer during his time in the seniors and has led the team to some good victories.
On defence - Tyrie was older than Walsh by a couple of years when he went to PL - but was still dreadful in defence for the first year - while Walsh hides on the wing in defence (on coach's instructions no doubt) but still pulls off very good tackles when he has to.
If we are comparing the 19 year old Tyrie with the 19 year old Walsh - Tyrie was dominating Flegg - while Walsh has made a good start to PL.
If we are going to compare the 20 yo Walsh (next year) with the 20 year old Tyrie - Tyrie had a shocker of a season - Walsh can step up to firstgrade level if he bulks up a lot and continues to improve - or I suppose he could do a Tyrie and lose his playmaking skills and get cleaned up by the bigger forwards time after time.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
At the Flegg level - Tyrie was a more dominant player than Walsh - but Tyrie used to pretty much keep the ball btween himself, Luke Dureau and Brad Wallace (5/8 and hooker) all game. They didn't need outside backs, or thought they didn't.
Tyrie had a million chances at PL level and never made his mark really - while Walsh has had about a dozen games and managed to be top tryscorer during his time in the seniors and has led the team to some good victories.
On defence - Tyrie was older than Walsh by a couple of years when he went to PL - but was still dreadful in defence for the first year - while Walsh hides on the wing in defence (on coach's instructions no doubt) but still pulls off very good tackles when he has to.
If we are comparing the 19 year old Tyrie with the 19 year old Walsh - Tyrie was dominating Flegg - while Walsh has made a good start to PL.
If we are going to compare the 20 yo Walsh (next year) with the 20 year old Tyrie - Tyrie had a shocker of a season - Walsh can step up to firstgrade level if he bulks up a lot and continues to improve - or I suppose he could do a Tyrie and lose his playmaking skills and get cleaned up by the bigger forwards time after time.
Summed it up perfectly Roopy. At this stage Walsh to me looks like he will continue on his steady progression through the grades. He has performed very well in Premmy this year, and I see no reason why that wont continue next year. It was at this stage that Tyries game started to slide. Luke Dureau, Brad Wallace and Tyrie are all playing in the real NRL in Newcastle to the best of my knowledge.

the ref

Juniors
If you have watched any of the Flegg games this season then you would know that Scott Dureau has out shone Luke Walsh time and time again.
Luke Walsh (who is a bit like a Kidley and loved by some people at the knights) had been given a chance in Premier League by Daisy for that reason but all he has been is a ball passer and wing defender, the later because he cant defend and they know that.
Btw Luke Dureau hasnt played for nearly two years and now he has a golf handicap in single figures.
Also, this is Uate's first season with the Knights so should he be counted in this.

antonius

Coach
Thought I read somewhere that Dureau was playing,actually thought he played for Kurri, but that could be wrong. I'll also add Walsh is nothing like Kidley, he actually knows what he's doing there, and has the brain of an organiser.

roopy

Referee
the ref said:
If you have watched any of the Flegg games this season then you would know that Scott Dureau has out shone Luke Walsh time and time again.
Luke Walsh (who is a bit like a Kidley and loved by some people at the knights) had been given a chance in Premier League by Daisy for that reason but all he has been is a ball passer and wing defender, the later because he cant defend and they know that.
Btw Luke Dureau hasnt played for nearly two years and now he has a golf handicap in single figures.
Also, this is Uate's first season with the Knights so should he be counted in this.
Cannot agree with that.
I was a bigger fan of Dureau than Walsh till this season - but in the early games this season Walsh was definately the better of the two - and how can you say he was just a ball passer when he scored 10 tries in 11 games in PL to be top tryscorer (despite missing several of the early season games) till he was injured.
Dureau is the one who hides in defence and simply misses tackles far too often. Walsh hides on the wing, but he has a go when the play comes his way.
It is Uate's second season. He played most of the Ball games last year, and was even introduced to the Home crowd when he made the schoolboys side (but was too shy to talk).