What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best team for next year:

I know its early but here goes.

Graham/Burt
Peterson
Lyon
Vaeleki
Grothe
Dykes
Witt
Wagon
Muckert
Hindmarsh
Cayless
Moriss
Cannings

Hopkins
Tsolous
Pearson
Vella

What does everyone think? Have a look at the bench to big to strong and Hopkins is capable as a hooker and basically anywhere in the backline. I was tempted to put Armitt in for Pearson.

half

Coach
i'd love to see hopkins starting. he's got so much heart and was awesome for us last year

we also need thorman in the team, even if it's on the bench. he performs in big games and we need someone like that

MystikEel

Juniors
burt
grothe
lyon
vaealiki
petersen

petersen is better there, if i remember right...

*sniff* footys been away so long I can't remember it all :(

bartman

Immortal
Bit early without trial form on the board, but based on what the players are each CAPABLE of, I'd say our following is the best possible (if individual players are in form):

1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaeliki
5. Petersen
6. Dykes
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hopkins
13. Wagon

14. Thorman
15. Pearson
16. Cannings
17. ? Any of about six forwards

In 2004, if certain players aren't in form, they can have a spell in reggies and give others a go! I'd love to see more of our new buys/juniors earn spots in this squad, by outplaying guys that aren't playing close to what they are capable of (Vella, Wagon, Dykes). That's what depth and motiovation are about...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaeliki
5. Petersen
6. Dykes/Thorman
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Armit
13. Wagon

14. Thorman
15. Cannings
16. Mukert
17. Hopkins

I expect Thorman to play a few games comin up off the bench, to slot in at five-eighth or hooker. Hopkins can play 2nd Row, Lock and in the centres. I reckon Armit, if hes fully fit next year, could play in 2nd Row cause hes a good work horse. Him and Muckert play the same style at 2nd Row so they both can swap around a bit. Cannings is good impact from the bench, when the forwards start to get in the first 10-20 minutes, he'll carry the forwards. Hopefully Luke Burt would be fully fit, so he can play fullback, otherwise the only other option is McKinnon and perhaps Vaeliki. I dont expect Dykes to play a full season, as he is still having injury problems. Hopefully Dykes can show the same form he had in 2001.

Looking forward a new season guys. Hopefully this one is a lot better.

BrettS

Juniors
bit difficult to name a team without seeing some trial form but here goes

1. Graham
2. Burt
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Petersen
6. Dykes
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hopkins
13. Wagon

14. Thorman
15. Cannings
16. Pearson
17. Muckert

I'd like to see Grothe prove himself in reggies before given a top grade spot. If GRaham's injury doesn't get better by the start of the year then Grothe should come onto the wing with Burt going to fullback but if Ash is fit then he should get into the starting side.

The likes of Armit, Tsoulos, Stapleton, Muspratt, Pai etc will push for bench spots aswell.

BrettS

Juniors
With my reggies team looking something like

1. McKinnon
2. Kativerta
3. Prince
4. Gruska
5. Grothe
6. Smith
7. ?????
8. Tsoulos
9. Irvine
10. Stapleton
11. Armit
12. Widders
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Pai
15. Boyd
16. McMillan
17. Dillon

The Colonel

Immortal
1.Graham
2.Burt
3.Lyon
4.Vaealiki
5.Grothe
6.Thorman
7.Witt
8.Cayless
9.Morris
10.Pearson
11.Hindmarsh
12.Muckert
13.Muspratt

14.Dykes
15.Cannings
16.Hopkins
17.Wagon

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
I dont think Muspratt will be in the starting side.

I feel he should be for the main reason that he has the ball skills at lock that Wagon hasn't been displaying. Defensively they are similar players - Wagon probably the better just however Muspratt has played a lot of his football at five eight as a five eight as opposed to a defensive option like Wagon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dannyboy said:
Best team for next year? An injury free Dragons!

I think and injury free Dragon outfit is a very strong prospect for next year.

But let's face it..............these guys are so injury prone, they each have shares in Medibank Private.

Phillips

Referee
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. McKinnon
6. Thorman
7. Witt
8. Cayless (C)
9. Morris
10. Cannings
11. Hindmarsh
12. Muckert
13. Hopkins

14. Moimoi
15. Stapleton
16. Widders
17. Pai

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
17 Stu Galbraith clones, which is the reason I support embryonic stem cell research

btw, GREAT pic Phillips

Is that a Brittney Clone in your avatar?

Pazza

First Grade
1.Thorman
2.Grothe
3.Lyon
4.Vaealiki
5.Burt
6.Dykes
7.Witt
8.Cayless
9.Morris
10.Cannings