What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest disgrace in any sport ever.

8Ball

First Grade
The Cuban bloke in the 80kg division of the TaeKwonDo. Absolutely Disgraceful.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Basically the Cuban was fighting a guy from Kazakstan for the bronze in the 80kg Judo. The Cuban had an injury so was entitled to a 1 minute injury period to get it sorted. With 10 seconds remaining the referee gave a warning. The Cuban stood up just as the clock passed 1 minute so the ref awarded the match to the Kazakstani. The Cuban and his coach were in the refs face with plenty of finger pointing going on. Then out of nowhere the Cuban kicks the ref in the face. Officials rush from everywhere to get the Cuban and his coach out of there.
Then the funniest bit of all is when the Kazakstani runs onto the arena waving his flag around. He had some guts I will give him that.
Anyway they announced on the coverage that the Cuban and his coach have been given a life ban from the sport.

Ridders

Coach
Cheers, pretty poor effort. I mean even if the dude was absolutely dudded by the ref, thats no way to act. Guy should be ashamed, considering that he's representing his country as well as himself

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL CycloneSteve. "Cuba should be thrown out of the IOC" Is that your idea of a joke then? Geez you're a funny chap. Very witty indeed.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You're welcome. Now back on topic.

Hopefully the IOC take their actions one step further and ban this abortion of a sport. I watched a few minutes of a fight involving an Aussie chick yesterday and all the two of them did was bounce up and down on their toes the whole round. The ref had to make the signal for them to fight about three times.

It was quite possibly the three most excruciating and uncomfortable sport watching minutes of the year. Horrendous.

Cletus

First Grade
Not wrong Tommy, terrible sport. I saw that match and they deadset can't punch, that Cuban girl was wailing on the Aussie like a five year old having a tanty. It's worse than synchronised swimming.

dazza1976

Juniors
In it's purest form Taekwondo is an enjoyable specatacle, unfortunately poor officiating and negative tactics have not allowed these olympics to showcase the art to it's best potential.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Basically the Cuban was fighting a guy from Kazakstan for the bronze in the 80kg Judo. The Cuban had an injury so was entitled to a 1 minute injury period to get it sorted. With 10 seconds remaining the referee gave a warning. The Cuban stood up just as the clock passed 1 minute so the ref awarded the match to the Kazakstani. The Cuban and his coach were in the refs face with plenty of finger pointing going on. Then out of nowhere the Cuban kicks the ref in the face. Officials rush from everywhere to get the Cuban and his coach out of there.
Then the funniest bit of all is when the Kazakstani runs onto the arena waving his flag around. He had some guts I will give him that.
Anyway they announced on the coverage that the Cuban and his coach have been given a life ban from the sport.
Taekwondo you idiot.

Razor

Coach
You're welcome. Now back on topic.

Hopefully the IOC take their actions one step further and ban this abortion of a sport. I watched a few minutes of a fight involving an Aussie chick yesterday and all the two of them did was bounce up and down on their toes the whole round. The ref had to make the signal for them to fight about three times.

It was quite possibly the three most excruciating and uncomfortable sport watching minutes of the year. Horrendous.

Taekwondo is a fantastic sport.

Like all sports they have their strong and weak competitors. All of the Australian women lost in the first round so the fight you would have watched would have been a 1st round match, so therefore a chance of being poor quality.

Taekwondo is a fantastic sport.

Like all sports they have their strong and weak competitors. All of the Australian women lost in the first round so the fight you would have watched would have been a 1st round match, so therefore a chance of being poor quality.

Can you tell me why you think it's a fantastic sport?
Not bagging or anything, just curious.

Razor

Coach
Can you tell me why you think it's a fantastic sport?

The great skills displayed in determing the right time to attack, the attack themselves. Judo is also a great sport, but taekwondo is much better.