What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest problem in NRL has to be...

kruzin

Juniors
Drugs & Alcohol,

Sure, drinking is ok, but when ur a professional doing a job, It's not cool to do it while ur working, So my solution would be to ban alcohol intake throughout the regular season, and if they wanna be f**kwits offseason then let them do it, this way the clubs have no responsibility and it brings no pressure to the nrl,

RULES ARE RULES: Break them, Sack Them, thats how it should be, players are old enough to know the consequences,

The time has come to sit down and say, well if u wanna break the rules fine, but u are NOT and i repeat NOT allowed to play again...

As for drugs? Well everyone knows they are wrong illegally so why should they be allowed in the game? They shouldn't be, i say more drug testing not less.

Anyway im curious to see what people think..

EDIT: Players get payed enough to behave themselves, if they can't do that then NRL is not the career for them, simple.

bartman

Immortal
All sounds smart to me...

The game isn't part-time anymore, something guys do in-between their real jobs. The pay these days might be that of professional athletes, but the attitudes aren't quite professional enough yet.

Drugs & Alcohol,

Sure, drinking is ok, but when ur a professional doing a job, It's not cool to do it while ur working

Are you suggesting players are sucking down Jim Beam disguised as Gatorade during games?

As for banning alcohol intake, Fittler tried it and it failed.

Danish

Referee
All sounds smart to me...

The game isn't part-time anymore, something guys do in-between their real jobs. The pay these days might be that of professional athletes, but the attitudes aren't quite professional enough yet.

Of course...

Because the attitudes of other professional athletes around the world are so different to league players :sarcasm:

bulldog

Bench
The biggest problem in NRL has to be...

gallop_c.jpg

Not enough balance.

Eels Dude

Coach
Is that you Denis?

Players aren't 'working' when they're having a beer with mates at a BBQ on a sunday arvo. As long as they behave themselves when doing so who cares whether they drink or not. There's no blanket rule against having a drink, and players getting drunk and misbehaving during the off season is going to be equally damaging and create just as much of a media storm. Players are still employed by their clubs during the off season you know.

Will De Ness

Juniors
I'm not tested for drugs at work
Neither are 99% of people
Blokes at macquarie bank earn $2m a year
No one tests them for coke at Ivy on a Friday night

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not tested for drugs at work
Neither are 99% of people
Blokes at macquarie bank earn $2m a year
No one tests them for coke at Ivy on a Friday night

To a point. But at the same time professional athletes require levels of health and fitness which drugs and alcohol can affect negatively. So in a way clubs do have a right to at least test for illegal drugs if the players sign a contract that states they're forbidden to take them. As drinking alcohol is legal and overall socially accepted though, you'd be hard pressed to be able to get a player to sign a contract stating they won't drink alcohol during the season and fair enough.

Would piss off a few players and hard to enforce but I still like the idea despite the fact that alot of our sponsors are infact beer companies.

Hanscholo

Bench
The biggest problem in RL is that media outlets feel there is much more mileage in sh*t stiring than there is in covering the thing fans are really interested in, like the game. That is by far the biggest problem.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its a problem with society not just RL

sportsmen come from society, League has little to do with it imo

Parra

Referee
It's the biggest rating sport in the country.

About to run the origin series - which is the biggest single sporting event in the country.

Other sports (or 'entertainment products' for the twats) would love to have these problems.

Latest posts