What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The book of fueds grand final?

Loudstrat

Coach
When was the last time Souths and Easts met in a decider? 1908?

As much as I'd like to see the Bunnies win one, I dunno what would be worse, a year of Tommy Smith jizz over SBW, or a year of Bunniesman jizz over Inglis.

TBH I cant see any other scenario for 2013.

Lambretta

First Grade
If Souths win a Grand Final I'll be genuinely happy for Mad Hatter, my mates old man and a few other guys who follow Souths that are thoroughly decent people. 42 years of pain is enough for anyone to endure.

The downside of course will be the dickheads in the street between Central and Allianz that drink in places like the KB Tooth Hotel who will undoubtedly carry on like pork chops. Or rabbit stews or... well you get the picture.

If Easts win it, I will be humble and contrite every time I scream OOHH BABY f**k YEAH - IT FEELS SOOO GOOD. I promise.

Loudstrat

Coach
1931 yeah?

Lambro, if you ever do a mission run every homeless bum will wheeze "Glory glory" ad nauseum........

I don't think I could handle a Rabbits v Roosters grand final... Those stakes would just be too high. Unbelievable happiness if we won and the absolute depths of despair if we lost. Seriously, if we lost to the Roosters in a GF the police would be trying to talk me down off a ledge soon after the game.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I can see either Souths, Storm or Easts in the grand final, none of the other teams have impressed me enough to make me think they're a genuine contender.

Von

Juniors
It would be AMAZING. But I agree with DKoR, the stakes would be extrreme.

The highest of highs....or lowest of lows.

Danish

Referee
I don't think I could handle a Rabbits v Roosters grand final... Those stakes would just be too high. Unbelievable happiness if we won and the absolute depths of despair if we lost. Seriously, if we lost to the Roosters in a GF the police would be trying to talk me down off a ledge soon after the game.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

If we lost a GF to Souths I think I'd have to leave the country for anywhere from 6 months to a a few years.

Diesel

Referee
I can see either Souths, Storm or Easts in the grand final, none of the other teams have impressed me enough to make me think they're a genuine contender.

The Dogs are coming good to, I'd add them to the list. Manly are gooooone IMO

firechild

First Grade
Still a couple of months before the finals. Dogs, Manly or even the Sharks could come home on a run of form. It's not looking likely at this stage though. Out of the 3 in serious contention, I'll be getting behind the Chooks though.

Except for on here, I think you'll have most of the country backing you so there will be plenty of shoulders to cry on. The weight of expectations on your team will be unimaginable.

If we did happen to beat Souffs in a grand final I don't think I could bring myself to rub it in to them, unprovoked of course, tbh It would of course be the greatest grand final of all time as our rivalry has produced numerous epic encounters in recent memory.

Anyway, that's a long way away. It's all about St George Illawarra for this week.

It was bad enough getting knocked out by the Dogs last year. The train trip home was an absolute shocker and I was inconsolable for a month after that game. Tbh, if we are going to make the GF this year, I would rather it be against anyone else.

If we did happen to beat Souffs in a grand final I don't think I could bring myself to rub it in to them, unprovoked of course, tbh It would of course be the greatest grand final of all time as our rivalry has produced numerous epic encounters in recent memory.

Anyway, that's a long way away. It's all about St George Illawarra for this week.

Seriously... If you don't beat the Dragons this week... You don't deserve to be in a grand final this year.

I would expect you guys to win and win well. Your defense is epic atm and it looks like the Dragons only attacking weapon will have the week off. I'll be surprised if they can score a point against you.

Loudstrat

Coach
Manly look like a threat, but cant beat a top side. Melbourne are vulnerable, Canterbury are pissweak and Brisbane and the cowpats are plain sh*t. Cronulla just havent got it.

If Newy find consistency, and NZ keep it up, maybe. Raiders? The comps prick teasers. They'll still be virgins but tell everyone how they could have. They have a gun squad, and NFI how to become a gun side, sadly for them.

But we all know how this works. Some team wakes up in the next 3 weeks and changes everything, or someone decides to click in the finals.

firechild

First Grade
Will be interesting to see how Manly go with their full spine playing in the same game. Having Stewart or Foran our recently against top 4 sides has killed us. Yet, in 2 games against the Roosters as well as one each against Melbourne and Souths, we haven't been beaten by any significant margin. Stewart and Buhrer holding onto the ball as they crossed the line last night could have changed the result.

yobbo84

Coach
I've always said Souths would lose a GF before winning one. The media beat-up/pressure would be incredible. A Souths v Roosters GF, well that would be off the charts.

In terms of who I think is going to win this year, it all comes down to injuries IMO. Melbourne can't win the comp without Cameron Smith. Souths can't win the comp without Greg Inglis or Adam Reynolds. The Roosters can't with the comp without SBW or Maloney.

If all teams are full strength and playing their best football Melbourne are still the best team in the comp, with Souths not far behind. It will be an interesting ride.

yobbo84

Coach
Will be interesting to see how Manly go with their full spine playing in the same game. Having Stewart or Foran our recently against top 4 sides has killed us. Yet, in 2 games against the Roosters as well as one each against Melbourne and Souths, we haven't been beaten by any significant margin. Stewart and Buhrer holding onto the ball as they crossed the line last night could have changed the result.

We lead your full strength team 20-0 at Brookvale before taking our foot off the gas in the last 15 mins. Manly are not on the same level as the other top 3 this year. In saying that, they are proven big game performers and will be a harder proposition come finals time.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I honestly hope it's souffs vs easts. Sick of Melbourne and Manly, and any other team would be guilty of bludging their way through most of the season, and so don't deserve a shot.

Latest posts