What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The book of fueds grand final?

Seriously... If you don't beat the Dragons this week... You don't deserve to be in a grand final this year.

I would expect you guys to win and win well. Your defense is epic atm and it looks like the Dragons only attacking weapon will have the week off. I'll be surprised if they can score a point against you.

You never really know in the NRL and if there's one team that loves doing it the hard way it is us. I'm certainly not chalking Saturday as a guaranteed win.

Will be interesting to see how Manly go with their full spine playing in the same game. Having Stewart or Foran our recently against top 4 sides has killed us. Yet, in 2 games against the Roosters as well as one each against Melbourne and Souths, we haven't been beaten by any significant margin. Stewart and Buhrer holding onto the ball as they crossed the line last night could have changed the result.

We had Maloney missing too you conveniently left that out and we held on for 10 minutes with 12 men at Brookvale but I do agree that Manly are not done with they'll be a tough team in the finals. Make the top 4 and you're in good shape then it becomes just an 80 minute game where anything can happen and a team with the big game experience will be hard to overcome.

Someone

Bench
yeah im sick of seeing melbourne and manly in grand finals aswell.

I think Roosters vs Rabbits would be the best scenario, maybe either Roosters/Rabbits vs Dogs aswell.

Glen

Bench
Roosters/Rabbits would be a publicity dream for the NRL. It may be hard to stomach for us die-hard fans who dislike those teams but it would drum up incredible media hype and pull in a lot of casual fans.

I don't think people can write off the Storm yet. The way they crushed Souths earlier in the year was ominous and they could get a strong run home once they clear Origin. Manly will be tough as hell to beat at full strength and the rest are no chance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think I could handle a Rabbits v Roosters grand final... Those stakes would just be too high. Unbelievable happiness if we won and the absolute depths of despair if we lost. Seriously, if we lost to the Roosters in a GF the police would be trying to talk me down off a ledge soon after the game.

Want to trade spots with a parra fan?

No?

Well just be grateful and whatever happens enjoy the ride..

Want to trade spots with a parra fan?

No?

Well just be grateful and whatever happens enjoy the ride..

Mate, in a lot of respects it would be easier. At least I've been there many times before and know how that all works. Most years, I've got Holidays booked in September / October by now.

I still can't believe we are first on the table at this point of the year and with the exception of our game against the Tigers, I haven't been to a game where I've walked in with the expectation that we are going to win, even though we have only lost two games all year.

I understand where you are coming from and no, I wouldn't swap with you, but for my whole life, being a Souths fan has been a tough gig and whenever we've been built up before, usually we've been knocked down just as quick. Most often at the hands of the Roosters.

I will enjoy the whole experience and if we make a grand final, I will be wrapped regardless. Even if against the Roosters. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that the stakes are high in a grand final regardless but if we happen to be in against the Roosters, it'll go up that extra notch again.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I don't think I could handle a Rabbits v Roosters grand final... Those stakes would just be too high. Unbelievable happiness if we won and the absolute depths of despair if we lost. Seriously, if we lost to the Roosters in a GF the police would be trying to talk me down off a ledge soon after the game.

Think of the highs and lows of the two games last year and then magnify it by a factor of a million.

Fire

First Grade
Easts v Bulldogs GF would be good.

It'd restore my faith that the NRL is not rigged.

Chook

First Grade
If we did happen to beat Souffs in a grand final I don't think I could bring myself to rub it in to them, unprovoked of course, tbh It would of course be the greatest grand final of all time as our rivalry has produced numerous epic encounters in recent memory.

Anyway, that's a long way away. It's all about St George Illawarra for this week.

Speak for yourself. If we beat the vermin in the GF, I'd lather my wrinkled, flabby exterior in Red, White and Blue body paint and dance naked around Redfern Oval throwing molotov cocktails at it until I was arrested!

Chook.

Card Shark

Immortal
Easts v Bulldogs GF would be good.

It'd restore my faith that the NRL is not rigged.

Souths V anyone except Roosters, Storm, Dogs or Eagles, as they have had plenty of GFs between them.

Highly unlikely though, I realise.

Fire

First Grade
Souths V anyone except Roosters, Storm, Dogs or Eagles, as they have had plenty of GFs between them.

Highly unlikely though, I realise.

Agreed, it's good to share it around.

I reckon Titans are smokies (and even Raiders when Fergo comes back - good young backline). You guys too until the whole ASADA bullshit happened, but isn't too late in the season for youse yet.

Fire

First Grade
Could still make the Finals though, that's at least a respectable outcome.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As someone who likes history a part of me would love it. But a Souths v Easts gf would be too much. Grand final week I'd be shitting bricks. GF day would either be the best or worst day of my life.

Losing to another team would not be as bad as losing to them. But there's noone I'd rather beat on grand final day.

Ozzy

First Grade
Personally I wouldn't be shattered if we didn't make the GF. I don't want a repeat of 2010 where aftter one year of build up we are on the Grand stage to be cannon fodder to another team. I don't think at the moment that we are up to it yet. Later in the year I might change my mind. Currently though I think next year we will be much better prepared.

Cammo

Bench
Souths v Roosters or Dogs V Eels would be the biggest GF's regarding rivalry in my opinion. Closely followed by Dragons v Sharks

BunniesMan

Immortal
Personally I wouldn't be shattered if we didn't make the GF. I don't want a repeat of 2010 where aftter one year of build up we are on the Grand stage to be cannon fodder to another team. I don't think at the moment that we are up to it yet. Later in the year I might change my mind. Currently though I think next year we will be much better prepared.
Considering SBW is not guaranteed to be around next year this might be your best chance.

Ozzy

First Grade
Considering SBW is not guaranteed to be around next year this might be your best chance.
Rubbish. It's a team sport. You don't rely on one player. for all we know he may get injured in the smi and not play. The team well be better gelled next season besides, the rumours on the grapevine is he will be with us next season.

Latest posts