What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Boomers - Chokers?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Are these guys the biggest joke of the Aussie tilt in Athens?? Seriously I know the USA are Puerto Rico are two of the better teams in the Baskbetball competition, but we held big leads against BOTH of them only to get run down. Not only that but didnt we get drilled by Greece in the opening game? Thank God Angola were around to give us some kind of victory.
Its a joke.

Lucky we have the Opals to give Australian basketball some credibility.

felix

Juniors
They get real tired in the last quarters of all the games. Coach Goorjian hasnt used his bench at all... and the defense has been horrible, 90 odd points conceded against puerto rico...that's too much

anyway the americans lost again :clap:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They seem to rin out of offensive options in the last quarter.

There may be some depth on the bench, but if they take Shane Heal off, there is virtally no offense in the last quarter

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They go too hard too early, pure and simple. They are not preserving their energies at all for the last quarter and a bit. It shows too. Their offensive options become fewer and fewer and the defense is just lackadaisical to say the least.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Losing 88-77 with 5 minutes remaining. They have came close but they have played some tough opposition. Greece, USA, Lithuana, Puerto Rico etc..

Trollhammaren

Juniors
They weren't expected to beat USA, Greece and Puerto Rico so I suppose they did well to go so close. But once they stopped hitting 3s at will they lack offensive options. I don't know why John Rillie and some of the other players on the bench haven't been given much court time. But it's still really disappointing, we've made the top 4 the last two olympics.

pepstar87 said:
Losing 88-77 with 5 minutes remaining. They have came close but they have played some tough opposition. Greece, USA, Lithuana, Puerto Rico etc..

australia had the easier pool, with the other pool having the world champs serbia and montengro, runner up argentina and the unbeaten spain team, and with yao ming team.

Easy Answer. The Boomers have sent away there most inexperienced side ever. We are in the middle of rebuilding the Boomers and we lacked the experienced bigman with Bradtke and Anstey and Longley missing. Yeah I know Longley has been out for a while but we don't have a centre.

douglasallen91 said:
pepstar87 said:

australia had the easier pool, with the other pool having the world champs serbia and montengro, runner up argentina and the unbeaten spain team, and with yao ming team.

I think the US win over Spain shows that Aus's pool was the stronger one. I predict US and Lithuania, from that same pool, to meet in the final.

CanadianSteve said:
douglasallen91 said:
pepstar87 said:

I think the US win over Spain shows that Aus's pool was the stronger one. I predict US and Lithuania, from that same pool, to meet in the final.

hmm the americas are the best team but can't play as a team, i was refering to the depth of the pool not just one in two. hehe argentina vs italy.

Latest posts