What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE Boxing Day Test match

D

dubopov

El Duque..I listed the Top 22 in averages..is that close enough to the Top 20 ??

El Duque

Bench
Be handy if you answered my question first, dub. Why are you avoiding it? I'll keep trying to get you to answer it seeing all your stats have proved nothing and have even made you contradict yourself.

If you can't pick up by now that I think Waughs form is good enough then there's not much hope for you old boy.

El Duque

Bench
So the top 20 in averages is your top 20 batsmen in this country???

I've shown your stats prove shit as S.Waugh is averaging 49.75 for N.S.W. yet you think a guys with lower Pura Cup averages are better.

D

dubopov

Bronco..Let's get Waugh's stats for this series in perspective.Before this Test he was averaging 26..lower than Lee,Warne and GILLESPIE..this after three wins with the game set up for a #5 batsmen to capatilize...After today's fragile victory and poor batting(so much for the'he does better when the chips are down" theory..he was much worse)by Waugh he is averaging 33...THIS is why I don't think he should still be in the team..Lehmann's form has also been suspect BUT that is not the issue!!.....Please Steve Waugh quit with dignity,hopefully after a 5-0 series win...the second ever...and I would like to see you go out on a high note with a ton...

D

dubopov

Bronco..Wake up !!..I'm only talking about the current series against England..Or are we just going to rate a player on his last Innings(which in Waugh's case was shithouse !!)

D

dubopov

Steve Waugh...Runs in current series against England = 197
Times dismissed = 6
Average per Innings= 32.83
..an ordinary effort..17 below his Test average..

El Duque

Bench
Why are you avoiding my question, dub???

Name your top 20 that Waugh doesn't make.

Don't use averages either as I've proven that he would make it above men in your average list as he's got a Pura Cup average of 49.75 which is higher than a lot in your list.

El Duque

Bench
Bronco..Wake up !!..I'm only talking about the current series against England

Then why did you use first class stats to try and say there were 20 oddbetter batsmen than him???

D

dubopov

Bronco and El Duque..Putting shit on me with personal attacks cannot validate your views..Can either of you let me know whether a batsman with an Average for a Test Series of 32.8 has performed well.??.Don't bring in any other arguments..stick to this point first..THEN we'll look at any other points of contention..

El Duque

Bench
dub, I'm not answering one of your bloody questions!

You come on here and say Waugh wouldn't make your top 20 in this country and despite repeated attempts at asking for your listyou give no f**king answer!

Why the f**k should anyone answer you?!?