What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE Boxing Day Test match

P

pepe

i'm just looking up the long range weather forecast,i'll take those odds on a england win,if it's a draw bets are suspended ok:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ok Pepe. Its a bet.
fetch.dll

D

dubopov

Willow..Are you willing to bet whether the Sydney Test will be steve Waugh's last ??...I think it will be..then again,after his brilliant Captain's Knock today,the Melbourne Test SHOULD be his last !!...Ponting has the right approach,attitude and ability to take over..Based on Steve Waugh's current form,I would struggle to find a place for him in the Top 20 Australian batsmen at the moment..
Cheers
Dubopov
..ps..Good game in the 2nd Origin match...pity about the result..and our dead-eye dick goalkicker !!..I particularly liked the 173m gain we made in 4 tackles before I scored a try..I think it was based on Michael Hancock running 50m across field and back again !!

El Duque

Bench
Why delete that message?

You were saying was this a bet on whether it was Waughs last test and how Ponting was so great today. You also said Waugh wasn't in your top 20 batsmen in THIS country.

El Duque

Bench
Haha you reworded it. One minute you saidhe wasn't in your top 20 and now you say he'd struggle to be in there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry, can't bet on that Dubopov... he isn't saying anything when asked the question so I'll take a wait and see approach on that one.

D

dubopov

Dear El Duke John Wayne..I deleted the original message to add clarity...Gee,your an aggro little bugger aren't you..very quick to put the boot in..I know it will be pointless trying to argue with you(you seem to be particularly obstreperous)..BUT..stay tuned for my list of batsmen better than S.Waugh..

El Duque

Bench
Me very quick to put the boot in?

You're the one who said it was a DISGRACE for Waugh to declare when Love was on 62 not out.

D

dubopov

El Duque and other interested parties...Current 1st Class Averages this season(does not include the latest Test) list the following Australians above Steve Waugh..Love,Hayden,Bevan,Martyn,Goodwin,Elliott,Ponting,Gilchrist,Carseldine,
Seccombe,Arnberger,B Nash,Clarke,Rogers,Langer,Blewett,Slater,Hogg,Symonds,
Katich,Fitzgerald,Higgs..A total of 22...Of course,you could easily argue that most Shield attacks are better than England,therefore Waugh's inglorious performances may be even worse !!...........Does this ranking warrant his position in the Aussie side..NO!!

El Duque

Bench
Well going on that then Lehmann must go to as he's averaging less than Waugh.

Also, in your other thread I see that Hussain and Stewart wouldn't get a start for Qld (you actually said it was a NO CONTEST)yet both are averaging more than Maher.

Goodwin is a Zimbabwean too dub.

Funny how you can twist figures aint it?

El Duque

Bench
"Of course,you could easily argue that most Shield attacks are better than England,therefore Waugh's inglorious performances may be even worse !!..........."

You've shot yourself in the foot here, dub.

S.Waugh has the 3rd highest average for N.S.W. this season at 49.75.

D

dubopov

Hi Bronco..I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread..but..El Duque challenged me to name 20 batsmen who are currently better..So I did(based on the rather tenuous averages..but is there another unbiased method ??)..Personally,I think Waugh HAS been great and I'd like to see him quit before he is a "HAS BEEN" !!

El Duque

Bench
"Hi Bronco..I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread..but..El Duque challenged me to name 20 batsmen who are currently better"

Bullshit, dub!

You said he wouldn't make your top 20 Batsmen in this country so I asked you to name your top 20.

You have yet to so!

D

dubopov

El Duque..Keep trying..but let's see your answer to this simple question..On batting form displayed this season,should Steve Waugh be in the Australian team ??