What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brad Arthur experiment. 8 years on….

Sphagnum

Coach

giphy.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
BA has run out of ideas and deep down I think he knows it. There is no chance I'd hire Madge. He doesn't come across as being any sharper than BA. I can't see Bennett taking the gig. Plus he has apoor history of destroying your cap when he eventually leaves. Look what he did with Saints and their roster followed by the train wreck at Newcastle and Bisbane. Souths will also be weaker next year.

I'd go for Flanagan and sign him for 2 years and before anyone brings up his indiscretions you only have to look at the coach who presided over the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the NRL yet people keep blowing wind up his arse and calling hime the greatest ever.

Cap cheat
Drug cheat
Presided over some of the most boring footy ever played by a side other than the 2020/21 Bulldogs
As insightful as mud based on his commentary.

Hard no

Cap cheat
Drug cheat
Presided over some of the most boring footy ever played by a side other than the 2020/21 Bulldogs
As insightful as mud based on his commentary.

Hard no

had the same employer as Paul Gallen and was still the biggest sook in the joint

Hey Brad, make your halfback Park his ego and watch tapes of the halves from the good teams and see how they play
mind you, someone will still have to explain it to him 😆😆
As long as they have someone of his intellectual stature there to explain it for him it would be fine - so no big words allowed ;)

big hit!

Bench
BA has run out of ideas and deep down I think he knows it. There is no chance I'd hire Madge. He doesn't come across as being any sharper than BA. I can't see Bennett taking the gig. Plus he has apoor history of destroying your cap when he eventually leaves. Look what he did with Saints and their roster followed by the train wreck at Newcastle and Bisbane. Souths will also be weaker next year.

I'd go for Flanagan and sign him for 2 years and before anyone brings up his indiscretions you only have to look at the coach who presided over the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the NRL yet people keep blowing wind up his arse and calling hime the greatest ever.

If Bennett or any coach tells you he'll accept a job at your club for only 2 or 3 seasons, like he did at Saints, then it's guaranteed that he and every other coach will try and win the comp in those years. What would they care about the joint when they're gone? Besides, that was probably his brief from the St Merge board and supporters. WIN US A PREMIERSHIP! And he delivered. Furthermore, if Saints gave him control of managing the cap, then more fool to them. He's a football head coach, not a football manager.

Newcastle had the clusterf**k of Tinkler going broke. Club employees weren't getting paid! There was an exodus of coaching staff and players alike.

At Souths, he's a football coach. Tell us how Souths can make the prelim 3 years in a row (potentially 4) and keep all their players on the roster. They're also 4 years older. You can't keep them forever.

Yobbo put up a great post https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/the-passion-of-the-kevin.483740/post-14860491 about the players Souths have gone through over several seasons.

Roster management is dynamic. You're always moving players out and bringing players in. Finding the right balance of senior players, in-prime players, and rookies and fitting it within the cap. Also thinking ahead instead of only now. This was the plan with Richo and it's continued with Ellison. They've been doing this pre-Bennett, with Bennett, and will continue to do it post-Bennett. Souths have done alright in this regard in recent seasons, even accounting for the sudden loss of its 2 greatest players this century. No premierships since 2014, but they've been mostly competitive.

Latest posts