What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brad Arthur experiment. 8 years on….

Sphagnum

Coach
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
You should make that your profile pic

some11

Referee
Mahoney injures his should in Round 13, parra win 3 gimmies against newcastle, wests and the dogs without him.

Moses gets rewarded with an origin jersey after missing a match-winning conversion in Round 16 against penrith, breaks his back. Mahoney attempts a return with a bung shoulder, season over a month later.

Moses returns in a team with no Mahoney, Parra get whooped by Souths and Manly and it's looking like season over.

No quality depth = no chance.

I’d say Hook has done a lot better at Sgi than Uncle fester did.

Has kept them competitive for most of the season without their best player and only went South when Vaughny had his party and due to a gruesome injury situation. He’s a great coach😷

But a coach swap with the eels would be fun.

i disagree. They’ve been woeful for the most part and are a 10-12 side at best. But the proof will be next year. Here’s hoping.

Most other teams have had far worse injuries than the dragons, and Vaughan’s bbq just smacks of a bad club environment, which comes down to leadership imo. Ive got no doubt that if it happened on Mary’s watch everyone would have pinned it on him…

Mary took over the team in a similar situation years ago, when they were down an out. They made finals a few seasons later. Let’s see if hook can do similar, but sustain it. Then I’d suggest he’s done better.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Asked how the side could turn things around, Arthur said: “We probably need to change things up at training, that’s a start. Maybe not focus on footy this week. I don’t know, it’s a good question. Sometimes the harder you work, the more of a hole you get yourself into.”

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mahoney injures his should in Round 13, parra win 3 gimmies against newcastle, wests and the dogs without him.

Moses gets rewarded with an origin jersey after missing a match-winning conversion in Round 16 against penrith, breaks his back. Mahoney attempts a return with a bung shoulder, season over a month later.

Moses returns in a team with no Mahoney, Parra get whooped by Souths and Manly and it's looking like season over.

No quality depth = no chance.
Plus no hair.

I think he said in the press conference that his plan was to give the players the week off “ mix it up a bit” that they “ were trying too hard” in training. Could have fooled us.

His “wrong shoulder used” defence for Matts explained everything and on the back of that I’m expecting a full exoneration and perhaps a point or two on the ladder to compensate the brain fade of the ref sending him off.

Of course a mild concussion might help improve Parker’s game in the long run, provided he doesn’t get that awful brain thing.

Teams that have made the Prelim since our last visit to week 3 of the finals:
Broncos
Bulldogs
Cowboys
Dragons
Knights
Manly
Panthers
Rabbits
Raiders
Roosters
Sharks
Storm
Tigers
Titans
Warriors
Had to rub eyes when I saw the Tigers in that list.

Jeez he looked under the pump and vulnerable after the game last night.

The usual nrl coaching solution to a form crisis is the old one-out and kick. We’ve had 3 years of it!

Mr Spock!

Referee
It’s always the way that when a side is winning the players get the plaudits but when they are losing the coach cops all the flak…

He’s coached his side to more finals series than he’s missed, and off the back of salary cap cheating..

I get that things haven’t resulted in a comp yet.. and the eels are on a big slide at the moment.. but he can’t have just forgotten how to coach.. the players have got to share the blame here.

perhaps it’s like Brian Smith… he could get them close but not all the way.

point made earlier though, it’s common to suggest get someone else but different doesn’t mean better. The dragons are seemingly proof of that at the moment.

Different would be better for Parra only if Bennett came along. Otherwise I couldn’t think of anyone who’d do a better job..

they seemed to me to be just a halves superstar away from the top dogs. Brown n Moses are good, but not great.
Yeah but it was highlighted last night the compressed defensive structure of the eels which souths pulled apart and manly did the same.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The drums are getting louder for Brad, think it will be his last season. Why are the clubs with the biggest jnr nurseries so avg? Penrith‘s once in two decades current success aside.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Why are the clubs with the biggest jnr nurseries so avg? Penrith‘s once in two decades current success aside.
Maybe it's because parasitic clubs like the Melbourne Drizzle don't bother producing their own players and instead just pillage the clubs with the biggest jnr nurseries. I have no doubt that if the Perth ButtPirates get in that they will do the same.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Asked how the side could turn things around, Arthur said: “We probably need to change things up at training, that’s a start. Maybe not focus on footy this week. I don’t know, it’s a good question. Sometimes the harder you work, the more of a hole you get yourself into.”

Hey Brad, make your halfback Park his ego and watch tapes of the halves from the good teams and see how they play
mind you, someone will still have to explain it to him 😆😆

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
The drums are getting louder for Brad, think it will be his last season. Why are the clubs with the biggest jnr nurseries so avg? Penrith‘s once in two decades current success aside.

the problem is, who replaces him. Is there a better option out there?