What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Breakers Thread

ozbash

Referee
Did anyone watch/go to the game last night v Perth Wildcats ?

It was our 5th Breakers game and I honestly had fears that the NSEC was going to collapse, the crowd went off that much :sarcasm:

Never was a huge fan of basketball but that team has changed my opinion.

Original idea was to go watch something to speed up ther arrival of the NRL season, but seriously considering season tix for next ANBL season (which, incidentaly, would set me back $140 for 16 home games !!)

Highlight of last night would be the American R+B singer, Lloyd, and his group. They absolutely went off. He had a bodygaurd/homie who must have been close to 2 mtrs tall and 180 kg who was giving the refs and Wildcats absolute shit (which is a no-no at basketball games, apparently :lol:)

Warriors could learn a lot about entertaining fans from the Breakers, its full on for over 2 hours.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Basketball is a great sport to go and watch live, you dont understand how physical it gets with the big boppers underneath the hoop until you are sitting there watching it

Spent many, many years heading to the NZ league games until Chch lost both their sides

Micistm

Bench
Lol, not a big B Ball fan but intended on having a go & watching it last night. Forgot and played Resident Evil instead!

Micistm

Bench
RE4 on gamecube. Yeah, I'm ashamed, I'm still last gen...will get a 360 or PS3 in a months time (after my car gets a WOF- I'm always paranoid it's gonna need something BIG done to it).
I love RE4 though, played through it a couple of times. The reason I bought the gamecube was the remake of the original RE, RE0, and code veronica.
Mind you I'm not usually this up to date, most of the time playing Space Invaders or Donkey Kong on a multiboard arcade machine ;-)

*Sorry little off topic, I should at least be talking EA NBA games!*

I have a GC with 0,1 & 4. I heard CV is pretty crap though, but have still been meaning to play it (RE fanboy).

Ditto with up-to-dateness, the last game I played through was Contra III. Although I did get the new Zelda hot off the press.

stevenb

Juniors
Did anyone watch/go to the game last night v Perth Wildcats ?

It was our 5th Breakers game and I honestly had fears that the NSEC was going to collapse, the crowd went off that much :sarcasm:

Never was a huge fan of basketball but that team has changed my opinion.

Original idea was to go watch something to speed up ther arrival of the NRL season, but seriously considering season tix for next ANBL season (which, incidentaly, would set me back $140 for 16 home games !!)

Highlight of last night would be the American R+B singer, Lloyd, and his group. They absolutely went off. He had a bodygaurd/homie who must have been close to 2 mtrs tall and 180 kg who was giving the refs and Wildcats absolute shit (which is a no-no at basketball games, apparently :lol:)

Warriors could learn a lot about entertaining fans from the Breakers, its full on for over 2 hours.

Great night out ae Oz, can still get a club memembership for this season and priority access to finals :)

Micistm

Bench
I have a GC with 0,1 & 4. I heard CV is pretty crap though, but have still been meaning to play it (RE fanboy).

Ditto with up-to-dateness, the last game I played through was Contra III. Although I did get the new Zelda hot off the press.

Good onya man, pick up CV, if you're a RE fanboy like me you'll enjoy it. I must pick up 2&3 for GC despite not being updated at all from their earlier incarnations. Loved the first Silent Hills as well, and how they mess with your head.

And just to stay on topic: Go Breakers!;-)

Izz

Bench
Haven't got to a game this season yet, but been watching them all. This Breaker's team is fantastic, imo. Better than last season's. I'm thinking about season tickets, too.

TheDMC

Bench
Basketball? You got to be kidding me. Big unco muppets wearing gay singlets supported by bandwagon fans and NZ 'celebrities' trying to be cool in their front row seats at the NSCC. Anyone who supports the breakers is probably a closet rugby fan or even worse a wannabe Sepo. Bunch of homos if you ask me.

Izz

Bench
Basketball? You got to be kidding me. Big unco muppets wearing gay singlets supported by bandwagon fans and NZ 'celebrities' trying to be cool in their front row seats at the NSCC. Anyone who supports the breakers is probably a closet rugby fan or even worse a wannabe Sepo. Bunch of homos if you ask me.
Saw a few of the Warriors boys in the crowd couple home games ago. They interviewed Mateo at one of the quarter-time breaks.

Micistm

Bench

Lol, isn't Mr League himself, Steve Price, a huge Breakers fan?:lol:

ozbash

Referee
New Zealand Breakers import point guard Cedric ‘Action’ Jackson has been named the National Basketball League’s Player of the Week for Round 18 of the iiNet NBL Championship after leading his team to victory in their top-of-the-table clash with the Perth Wildcats.

Jackson, who has contended for the weekly honours regularly since joining the Breakers, broke through to win his first NBL award after registering 15 points, 10 assists, five rebounds and two steals in his team’s vital 83-77 victory over the Wildcats before a sold-out crowd at the North Shore Events Centre in Auckland on Thursday.

Jackson had nine points in the first period alone to help set-up the win, and made two of his three attempts from long-range for the match. The win moved the Breakers clear of the Wildcats to the top of the iiNet NBL Championship table and has the reigning NBL Champions in pole position for the minor premiership.

Jackson is the third different Breakers player to win the Player of the Week award this season, joining Gary Wilkinson (Round Five) and Thomas Abercrombie (Round 9) as recipients.

Gold Coast’s Mark Worthington was unlucky not to break through for his own first win of the weekly honours after his 25-point, five-rebound effort in his team’s 41-point demolition of Wollongong at ‘The Furnace’ (AKA the Gold Coast Convention Centre) on Saturday.

Townsville’s Luke Schenscher was also a serious candidate for the Round 18 award after averaging 19.0 points and 4.5 rebounds for the Crocs as they went 1-1 for the week.

Cairns Taipans import Andrew ‘Radar’ Warren was also a leading contender for the award after scoring 24 points in his side’s 85-81 victory over archrivals Townsville.

Others considered for Player of the Week for Round 18 included Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne), Kevin Lisch (Perth), Chris Warren (Adelaide), Gary Wilkinson (New Zealand), Jamar Wilson (Cairns), Eddie Gill (Townsville) and Alex Loughton (Cairns).
http://www.nbl.com.au/breakers-home/news/article/2012/february/action-jackson-wins-award/

TheDMC

Bench
With the phoenix soccer poofs on a roll, the breakers androtops dominating, and the warriors warriors looking to build on last year's brilliance, 2012 could the year of kiwi domination against the ozzie yobbos.

ozbash

Referee
With the phoenix soccer poofs on a roll, the breakers androtops dominating, and the warriors warriors looking to build on last year's brilliance, 2012 could the year of kiwi domination against the ozzie yobbos.

I wouldnt have put it quite like that :oops:, but I agree..