What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The broncos monopoly.

Graf Vynda-k

Charlie Saab said:
graf go and strap on and play with Wilson

perhaps you would like to join us and make a threesome??............you might enjoy being turned into a ham sandwich.........you seem like that type of guy:D

kickback

Juniors
Graf Vynda-k said:
there is no talent in se queensland.........didn't you see last night's origin??

the question that has to be arksd is........where have all the big tough blokes gorn??.....because their not playing rleague anymore.

it was embaressing to watch queensland last night, they had a mosquito fleet back line........everyone of them was a short arse with no bulk or muscle......what's going on?? it's easy to see why nsw smashed them......it was like the men playing the school kiddies.

i suspect all the top class sportsmen are now playing union or afl and our great game only gets the left over runts.

everyone of those queenslanders were out played by their opponents in the last two matches so it will be interesting to see who gets picked in the test team.......by rights no queenslander should make it but they never pick the best team, it's always political, some queenslanders have to be selected even if there are better players available.

even the great sacred cow, lockyer should miss out because he had his arse spanked by anasta in the last two games........but they will always pick lockyer for political reasons. no wonder braith wants to leave rleague if he's discriminated against like this.

and if we expect the punters to take international rleague seriously again then we should start picking test teams on merit and not small minded political reasons.

You just dont have a clue about anything do you Fairy Floss. South east queensland has produced some of the best Rugby leauge players in history and still continue to do so, all you have to do is look at the average age of the Broncos this year then look where we are, Oh yeah thats right 4 points in front.

We just had a bad game last night, these things happen from time to time, just look at your teams nrl form (lol) its a joke.

As for Anasta spanking lockys ass like you said, i think that must have been a wet dream you had last night, Anasta is so over rated. Locky is the test captain dickhead, are you crazy. There will be at least 7 QLD's in the test team because they are the best players in there positions.

Striker

Juniors
Graf Vynda-k said:
there is no talent in se queensland.........didn't you see last night's origin??

the question that has to be arksd is........where have all the big tough blokes gorn??.....because their not playing rleague anymore.

it was embaressing to watch queensland last night, they had a mosquito fleet back line........everyone of them was a short arse with no bulk or muscle......what's going on?? it's easy to see why nsw smashed them......it was like the men playing the school kiddies.

i suspect all the top class sportsmen are now playing union or afl and our great game only gets the left over runts.

everyone of those queenslanders were out played by their opponents in the last two matches so it will be interesting to see who gets picked in the test team.......by rights no queenslander should make it but they never pick the best team, it's always political, some queenslanders have to be selected even if there are better players available.

even the great sacred cow, lockyer should miss out because he had his arse spanked by anasta in the last two games........but they will always pick lockyer for political reasons. no wonder braith wants to leave rleague if he's discriminated against like this.

and if we expect the punters to take international rleague seriously again then we should start picking test teams on merit and not small minded political reasons.

You must remember there were a lot of QLD players that were unavailable for this series that would have added a bit of size out wide. The likes of Tonga, Tate - Hodges will more than likely have a look in next year if he keeps his form up. There are also a couple of young blokes playing down in victoria who are promising bigger players Ignis and Webster that are also QLDers. Add that to the current options of Sing, Berrigan, Bowman, Williams, Slater, Bowen, Schifcofske, Mogg, Frawley, Hannay and I've probably missed a few that is a fair selection of players a lot of them strong defenders.

Also to reply to what someone else had mentioned, out of the 15 players I have named there only 3 play for the Broncos, hardley a monopoly.

nqboy

First Grade
Far be it from me to give give credence to any of the inane utterings of Graf, but maybe he's forgotten the forwards who were unavailable for Qld this year - Webcke, Price, Smith Webb (for 2/3 of game 2 and all of game 3) and Carroll (for games 1 and 2). I would respectfully suggest that the inclusion of thsoe players would transform Qld's performance.

Kiwi

First Grade
Broncos have a so called monopoly, yet NSW wanted the CC team and still want more sydney teams over teams in Brisbane/QLD and other areas. Where is the logic there....it's unfair one minute, give us more sydney teams the next.

Kiwi said:
Broncos have a so called monopoly, yet NSW wanted the CC team and still want more sydney teams over teams in Brisbane/QLD and other areas. Where is the logic there....it's unfair one minute, give us more sydney teams the next.

Kiwi I think you'll find that 90% of NSW people wanted the Gold Coast over the Central Coast.

gcbronco

Juniors
I've been all for the Gold Coast to be admitted (I intend to attend all home games when they don't conflict with Bronco home games), but thats because I feel its in the best interests of the game (I understand that not everyone in SE Qld follows or likes the Broncos and the potential for improvement of the game in the area) and that for me is important, that it is done for the RIGHT reasons, not just an attempt to curb a side you don't like.

melon....

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
the broncos will remain strong as they are the broncos...the club has an aura about them like it or not (95% dont like, but i, or they dont care)
majority of QLD kids want to play for the broncos as they are a succesful club.
The aura is directly linked to Murdoch's pocket.

gcbronco

Juniors
melon.... said:
The aura is directly linked to Murdoch's pocket.

I'll be sure to send him a thankyou card for the premierships we won in 1992, 1993, before superleague.........oh wait I thought our success was directly linked to Murdoch :rolleyes: :lol:

gcbronco

Juniors
NPK said:
That's not the Broncos' fault.

Exactly, its not the Broncos fault they are based in South East Queensland, what should they do, say sorry to the non SE Qld Clubs, we will do nothing, you can go ahead and sign anyone and when your done let us know and we will pick the scraps? If you even remotely expected that of the Broncos, would the other clubs do the same? Hell no lol.

Whats stopping Sydney or other non SQ Qld clubs from coming up here and scouting for talent? absolutely nothing and they do it (And if they don't its their own bloody fault). It's upto them to make attractive offers to attract these players, its not a god given right they should get players without competition, likewise its difficult for us to attract players outside of SE QLD, but life goes on, I wouldn't expect to put another team in North Queensland if they go onto to dominate the competition in an attempt to curb them.

I look at the competition and there are plenty of players from SE Queensland I would love to play for the Broncos but aren't, some that would walk into the side, but I realise that not all can play for the Broncos and not every player will want to anyway.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Broncos hold a monopoly due to the fact that alot of kids won't leave QLD and even moving up to Townsville is a bit far for them.

Berrick Barnes is a perfect example of this.

Rare talent, carved up in the under 19's for QLD and is now lost to Union because the Broncos had no room in their side for him and he wouldn't leave QLD (plus I think he was loyal to the Broncs in RL). This has happened before and will continue to happen. Hopefully, for the sake of the game, the GC side will even this out a little bit more offering a second option for kids not wanting to leave the state to play football. Losing Barnes was terrible, that kid could have been anything but now we'll never know.

gcbronco

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
The Broncos hold a monopoly due to the fact that alot of kids won't leave QLD and even moving up to Townsville is a bit far for them.

Berrick Barnes is a perfect example of this.

Rare talent, carved up in the under 19's for QLD and is now lost to Union because the Broncos had no room in their side for him and he wouldn't leave QLD (plus I think he was loyal to the Broncs in RL). This has happened before and will continue to happen. Hopefully, for the sake of the game, the GC side will even this out a little bit more offering a second option for kids not wanting to leave the state to play football. Losing Barnes was terrible, that kid could have been anything but now we'll never know.

Thats not a monopoly, just a geographic advantage in where they are, theres nothing stopping any club from offering good deals for them, if they don't want to leave SE Qld thats their choice, nothing stopping them either way. Likewise it doesn't stop players leaving the Broncos for other clubs. It would be like me complaining about players in NZ not wanting to leave and play for the Broncos cause theres one team in NZ in the NRL.

As for Barnes alongside the Broncos he was being chased by Qld Reds AND Cricket, we were lucky to have him in the first place and the fact is he only wanted to play for the Broncos in league, thats his choice and I respect the fact he would rather play for the Broncos or another sport then be forced to play for another side in the NRL. Likewise I would rather see Bowen play in another sport or in England then play for another NRL side.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I'm not bagging the Broncos in anyway, I would bag them if they didn't give these kids an opportunity at all but it isn't their fault that every kid wanting to break into the NRL has to go to them unless they wish to leave the state. I'm saying that there needs to be another NRL club in SE QLD so more young players try to get into league and the ones stuck in the Toowoomba side can get a go elsewhere because just about every one of them is stuck behind a good player at the Broncos.

Graf Vynda-k

kickback said:
You just dont have a clue about anything do you Fairy Floss. South east queensland has produced some of the best Rugby leauge players in history and still continue to do so, all you have to do is look at the average age of the Broncos this year then look where we are, Oh yeah thats right 4 points in front.

We just had a bad game last night, these things happen from time to time, just look at your teams nrl form (lol) its a joke.

As for Anasta spanking lockys ass like you said, i think that must have been a wet dream you had last night, Anasta is so over rated. Locky is the test captain dickhead, are you crazy. There will be at least 7 QLD's in the test team because they are the best players in there positions.

i dont know what sort of kickbacks you get but seriously, stop it, it's causing you brain damage.

i'm not talking about the past.......i realise se queensland has produced champion players before but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any good players about........and watching that embaressing match you would have to agree.

the players queensland selected were a disgrace to the uniform.

any sensible human would agree that anasta completely out played lockyer in all departments and destroyed the lockyer myth once and for all........best player in world my arse!!!

the fact that 7 queenslanders will make the test team simply buttresses my arguement about the political nature of selecting test teams........how on earth that little 5'4" runt berrigan could ever be considered as one of the best centres in australia beggars belief and makes a mockery of our great game and further more, demeans the exploits of immortals like meninga who have gorn before him!!!

Graf Vynda-k

Striker said:
You must remember there were a lot of QLD players that were unavailable for this series that would have added a bit of size out wide. The likes of Tonga, Tate - Hodges will more than likely have a look in next year if he keeps his form up. There are also a couple of young blokes playing down in victoria who are promising bigger players Ignis and Webster that are also QLDers. Add that to the current options of Sing, Berrigan, Bowman, Williams, Slater, Bowen, Schifcofske, Mogg, Frawley, Hannay and I've probably missed a few that is a fair selection of players a lot of them strong defenders.

Also to reply to what someone else had mentioned, out of the 15 players I have named there only 3 play for the Broncos, hardley a monopoly.

look queensland may have some good youngsters coming thru the system but i can only judge them on their current performances, not their future potential.

so why didn't the selectors pick frawley instead of williams??

why pick a tiny weak bowen as fullback when you could have schiffi there adding experience and stability??

why pick unfit forwards like carrol and flannery when there were other options??

skeepe

Immortal
Graf Vynda-k said:
so why didn't the selectors pick frawley instead of williams??

why pick a tiny weak bowen as fullback when you could have schiffi there adding experience and stability??

why pick unfit forwards like carrol and flannery when there were other options??

1. Frawley was injured and if you have watched any league at all you would know he is about as far away from Origin selection at the moment as I am.

2. Schifcofske has a black mark against his name for whatever reason. Even if he were regarded by everyone as the best player in the NRL (calm down, I know he isn't) he still wouldn't make the Queensland team.

3. What are those other options?

taxidriver

Coach
I never said it was the Broncos fault, I said they hold an unfair advantage and that the GC may not be enough to level things.

BTW - one of the reasons for the SL debacle was that the Broncs wanted Brisbane to themselves.

Graf Vynda-k

skeepe said:
1. Frawley was injured and if you have watched any league at all you would know he is about as far away from Origin selection at the moment as I am.

2. Schifcofske has a black mark against his name for whatever reason. Even if he were regarded by everyone as the best player in the NRL (calm down, I know he isn't) he still wouldn't make the Queensland team.

3. What are those other options?

how about that big unit from north queensland??........one of the best frontrowers going around.

even walker was a better bet than williams!!!

gcbronco

Juniors
taxidriver said:
I never said it was the Broncos fault, I said they hold an unfair advantage and that the GC may not be enough to level things.

BTW - one of the reasons for the SL debacle was that the Broncs wanted Brisbane to themselves.

Mate if I could go back and change superleague from happening I would trust me, I cant, no one can, it happened we need to move on and learn from it. I fully support the introduction of the Gold Coast side for the RIGHT reasons, hell there are even benefit for the Broncos in certain ways (like local derby matches for example) but it has to be for the right reasons, not just some way to curb the Broncos for being too successful.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
about the blokes who dont want to leave brisbane townsville is further away then some of the sydney clubs so i can under stand that

Latest posts