What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The broncos monopoly.

The Storm aren't doing a too bad job recruiting quality young Qld players at the moment. They've got some very talented players (that have either made the U17, U19 or Schoolboy Qld sides) coming through the system at Brisbane Norths.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
yeah there's a few but none have really taken off apart from dallas johnson cooper cronk is doing ok i spose but players like mic russo and brad watts have just fallen off the radar, other good players to come out of norths were aquired by the storm from other area's like billy slater (innsfil) ryan hoffman (west syd) and greg inglis (country nsw) but there are a few good players playing in the qld cup that have come up from the colts

flamin

Juniors
It's not the broncos fault they can take the makority of the SEQ players, it's just their geographic area, which has already been stated.

Brisbane is the 2nd largest league city in the world and that's why I believe a 2nd Brisbane side will eventuate, most likely before we have teams in Adelaide or Perth.

knights04

Bench
Brisbane had their chance with a 2nd team in the SQ Crushers and failed. Brisbane are a one team city and will be for quite some time.

flamin

Juniors
Perth and Adelaide failed too.

All I'm saying is eventually there will be a 2nd Brisbane team (or another in the area) and it is likely that this will happen before we expand into non-league areas.

knights04

Bench
Yes they failed too and exited just as fast. The GC are now the newest team in the area enough for South Qld to support other than just the Broncos. Any more teams in the area is unnecessary in this point in time.

NPK

Bench
knights04 said:
Brisbane had their chance with a 2nd team in the SQ Crushers and failed. Brisbane are a one team city and will be for quite some time.
Newcastle is a one team city as well..so is Auckland, Townsville, Melbourne, Canberra etc, but nobody complains that they have monopolies.