What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Case for Adelaide.....

MugaB

Coach
They not going, just like James packer not selling his bondi apartment to buy one in port Adelaide
James Packer??? I thought he basically owns souffs, and is a massive Rabbitohs fan, why would he give too shits about the roosters relocating on their own accord

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
James Packer??? I thought he basically owns souffs, and is a massive Rabbitohs fan, why would he give too shits about the roosters relocating on their own accord

Roosters are in prime location being local club for most important city in southern hemisphere, based out of brand new stadium. Makes no sense for them to move to Adelaide.

MugaB

Coach
Roosters are in prime location being local club for most important city in southern hemisphere, based out of brand new stadium. Makes no sense for them to move to Adelaide.
Ok.... but what it got to do with james packer

Pippen94

First Grade
Packer couldn't give too shits about the roosters, and probably owns 5 wineries in Adelaide...
And he lives in New York

Maybe Adelaide will become place for high rollers & Sydney eastern suburbs will become butt of jokes

MugaB

Coach
Lol, The Roosters aee one of the safest teams in Sydney.

They, and any other team in Sydney for that matter, are not going anywhere Ribotists.
6 again anyone??
Toffs with no juniors, just poachin everyones marquees... i wouldn't care so much if they were in Adelaide but there not, do they can go fuc themselves

Would be a shame for the mighty Tigpies to split.

Adelaide should be a homegrown franchise and not a relocated Sydney club.
It was a tongue in cheek comment with regard to the Port Adelaide Power originally being the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL. AN NRL team in Adelaide called the Adelaide Magpies would sure ruffle a few feathers in the local fumbleball community. It might even get Adelaide Crows fans who hate Port Adelaide fans onside.

Tigerlaird

Juniors
It was a tongue in cheek comment with regard to the Port Adelaide Power originally being the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL. AN NRL team in Adelaide called the Adelaide Magpies would sure ruffle a few feathers in the local fumbleball community. It might even get Adelaide Crows fans who hate Port Adelaide fans onside.
I've always thought that an Adelaide NRL team would be more popular within South Australia than the Melbourne Storm in Victoria.

Melbourne is the home of AFL and it's just too hard for other codes to compete with the variety of AFL teams they have there. It's basically their religion.

Adelaide on the other hand is more diverse with their sports fandom. They only have two AFL teams, and their other sports teams are popular locally, like the 36ers, Strikers, Adelaide United, Thunderbirds, etc.

I feel that an Adelaide NRL franchise would overall have more fans than the two AFL clubs.

MugaB

Coach
I've always thought that an Adelaide NRL team would be more popular within South Australia than the Melbourne Storm in Victoria.

Melbourne is the home of AFL and it's just too hard for other codes to compete with the variety of AFL teams they have there. It's basically their religion.

Adelaide on the other hand is more diverse with their sports fandom. They only have two AFL teams, and their other sports teams are popular locally, like the 36ers, Strikers, Adelaide United, Thunderbirds, etc.

I feel that an Adelaide NRL franchise would overall have more fans than the two AFL clubs.
They can be fans of both codes too, same can be said for perth

Latest posts