What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Knightmare

Coach
I see you're still avoiding my original statement, which was that Jets fans only make noise at the start of a game or when they are winning. What is the score at 1:15?

Btw, our sh*te team beat Qld 2-1 today.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Saying Jets fans only make noise is tripe.

And congrats on winning a pre-season match that means f**k all.

Knightmare

Coach
So Mariners fans take the train? It's what we do. We aren't scared of the transit officers, because we can pay for our train tickets. :lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
when we played you in round 20 last year, there was a few buses going down and a heap of people on the train.

we were louder than you that day

Dutchy

Immortal
So you have mpre drunken yobbos than we do?

CCM have a lot of young families who support, of course we will make less noise.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
:lol:

So the mighty Newcastle don't have families who support them? :lol:

Tarek Elrich said:
Trying to be unbiased, but which is the best ground/best fans in the A-League?: I personally think, and so does my brother (Mariners midfielder Ahmad) that the Jets have the best fans. He said to me at the grand final,'your fans are unbelievable'. It doesn’t matter how the game is going, they are still standing up chanting and singing songs. EnergyAustralia and Hindmarsh Stadiums are great pitches to play on.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24145301-5013549,00.html

DB

First Grade
:lol:

So the mighty Newcastle don't have families who support them? :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24145301-5013549,00.html

Yes but you are missing the point. It does not say snywhere in their that it has the best family support in the A League. It says it has the best fans, which probably can be put down to the men, and women aged 17+ who go to the game, who sit in what ever your supporter groups is called and sing their hearts outs. Not the families.

eel power

Juniors
As I'm not a huge A League fan but being the local league I support the CC Mariners mainly because they consist of mostly the ex Parra Power players and staff.

So, anyone else out there a Mariner's fan ?

I have never really been a soccer fan because rugby league has always been my first passion but in the last few years i have taken an interest in soccer and i enjoy watching it now. Last year i started following Central Coast Mariners and I also follow Man United.

It's good CCM has had their first win for the season by beating Queensland Roar 4-2

Foz

Bench
Good win considering the troops that were out.
Gee Jedinak makes a difference.
Dylan Mc. showed he could finish too and Simon would be a pain in the butt to play against.
Needed that 3 points.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Jedinak, all class.

Amazing to think that only a few years ago he was mucking around in the state league.

Good win, only downside is the piss poor defending on Miller's free kick. Was pleased to see Bozza react the way he did.

fish eel

Immortal
Good win, only downside is the piss poor defending on Miller's free kick. Was pleased to see Bozza react the way he did.

That was f**king funny.

I swear, watch the replay and one of the heads actually ducks to avoid the ball :lol:

What a great wall!

Dutchy

Immortal
Jedinak pens deal with Turkish club

December 25, 2008 - 10:31AM

AdvertisementCentral Coast Mariners midfielder Mile Jedinak has completed a move to Turkish side Genlerbirligi for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old, who has signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the ambitious Ankara-based club, will play his last game for the Mariners on New Year's Eve against Perth Glory at Bluetongue Stadium.
Jedinak will link up with Socceroos team-mates Bruce Djite and James Troisi, who also play for the club.
"I'm thrilled to have secured a move to Genlerbirligi, a club where I'm certain that I can continue my professional development and improve myself as a player," said Jedinak.
"I hope to put in two big performances for the club before I depart and truly believe that the playing group that we have at the Mariners at present is capable of challenging for honours this season.
"I will always look back on my time on the Central Coast with a lot of happiness and pride."
Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman said he was disappointed to lose Jedinak, who has scored six goals this season, but was pleased to see him secure a move to Europe.
"While of course disappointed to be losing such an outstanding talent, we are equally delighted to see Mile provided with an opportunity to further his professional ambitions at a very high level," said Gorman.
http://news.smh.com.au/sport/jedinak-pens-deal-with-turkish-club-20081225-74zw.html
Hope he does well and gets better. Will be playing full time for Aus in a year or 2.