What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I noticed you've removed all association to the Jets in your signature.

BTW, what happened to me being a bandwagon fan of CCM, NK Arsenal?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
You can only have 2 pictures in your sig, I thought you'd know that ffs.

And well I guess you proved me wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
Well it's not the NRL season (Knights), you've got Arsenhole in your sig and avatar, thought you'd at least reserve a space for the Jets. Despite the shenanigans I thought you might show some solidarity but it appears you're trying to distance yourself. The word bandwagon seems to be coming to mind...

Timmah

Staff member
And well I guess you proved me wrong.

I don't think it was ever a matter of proving you wrong tbh, you were arguing facts not in question. I've never walked away from club, state or country in any sport and the insinuation that I could or would was quite frankly offensive. I take my sport very seriously as you'd notice - and even through the worst times I don't leave. The Bulldogs 2008 are surely evidence of that.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Well it's not the NRL season (Knights), you've got Arsenhole in your sig and avatar, thought you'd at least reserve a space for the Jets. Despite the shenanigans I thought you might show some solidarity but it appears you're trying to distance yourself. The word bandwagon seems to be coming to mind...

And how many people on here have the Jets mentioned in their sig? The only person I reguarly see wearing one is JD..

If it makes you happy, can you make a Knights/Jets banner for me?

I don't think it was ever a matter of proving you wrong tbh, you were arguing facts not in question. I've never walked away from club, state or country in any sport and the insinuation that I could or would was quite frankly offensive. I take my sport very seriously as you'd notice - and even through the worst times I don't leave. The Bulldogs 2008 are surely evidence of that.

Let me set things straight (and I know that I will get a sh*tload of abuse here, and rightfully so). I have acknowledged that I made a mistake walking away from the Knights in 03 and ever since I started supporting them again a year ago, I have felt more passion for the game than what I did when I ever have. Add to the fact that I now have generated more passion for the Knights (and the city of Newcastle in general) in a year than what I did for the Panthers in five years. It makes me sick thinking that I supported another team in the NRL apart from the Knights. I am trying to make up for it now and I still have not been accepted into the Knights forum on this site (which is fair, I suppose).

And I have always supported Breakers/United/Jets, NSW in every sport and Australia in every sport and even in sports that I dont generally like (AFL, Union). I will always support my city, my state and my country. I was generally heart broken when the Falcons and Pirates died in the arse. And I too, take my sport seriously which I why you see me posting in numerous other sports forums (mainly soccer and cricket).

I am sticking with the Jets, not till I die, but when they die. Con will run us into the ground.

And re dogs situation - don't act like they are in as much trouble as we the Jets are. How many scouts do you guys have? Do you guys have a board? Do you have a f**kwit of an owner? Are you guys about to embarass the nation in front of billions of people around the globe?

Timmah

Staff member
And re dogs situation - don't act like they are in as much trouble as we the Jets are. How many scouts do you guys have? Do you guys have a board? Do you have a f**kwit of an owner? Are you guys about to embarass the nation in front of billions of people around the globe?

The rest of your post has been done to death, I have no intention of dragging you over the coals for past indiscretions. This particular part piqued my interest.

We were last in 2008 following a year of on and off-field turmoil, much like the Jets. We had our board overthrown and lost Noad as CEO (who was doing what Con was doing in hindsight, driving the club into the ground) during the 07-08 offseason, then lost Mason through all the mumbo jumbo. Sherwin followed suit, and then we got on the playing field, started with a flurry, slowed down, lost Sonny, Folkes was sacked and we ended with the spoon in our most embarrassing season (02 excluded) since our 1935 inception. With Greenberg at the wheel now we're steering in a more positive direction and things can improve. It's up to your club or maybe even the FFA to get rid of Con... things can improve. But make no mistake, the Bulldogs last couple of years have been anything but ideal.

Timmah

Staff member
If it makes you happy, can you make a Knights/Jets banner for me?

thisisnewc.jpg

NK Arsenal

Juniors
The rest of your post has been done to death, I have no intention of dragging you over the coals for past indiscretions. This particular part piqued my interest.

We were last in 2008 following a year of on and off-field turmoil, much like the Jets. We had our board overthrown and lost Noad as CEO (who was doing what Con was doing in hindsight, driving the club into the ground) during the 07-08 offseason, then lost Mason through all the mumbo jumbo. Sherwin followed suit, and then we got on the playing field, started with a flurry, slowed down, lost Sonny, Folkes was sacked and we ended with the spoon in our most embarrassing season (02 excluded) since our 1935 inception. With Greenberg at the wheel now we're steering in a more positive direction and things can improve. It's up to your club or maybe even the FFA to get rid of Con... things can improve. But make no mistake, the Bulldogs last couple of years have been anything but ideal.

Point taken.

Thanks

CC_Eagle

First Grade
With four decent strikers one was always going to leave at the end of the season. I thought Disco Nik was going as he was off contract, but with Sash's eminent departure, one would assume Lawrie has once again, for the fourth season placed his faith that Nik will live up to his potential.....at 29.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Jerseys for ACL:

00022526-image.jpg

Same jerseys will feature in 09/10 HAL... with slight alterations in terms of the HAL and CCM logos.

Latest posts