What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Foz

Bench
I thought Perth went pretty well.
They were as good as the Mariners everywhere on the park except for their finishing which was ordinary.
Thankfull for the 3 points but a lot of improvement needed.
Perth arent far from a win.

HayneHindi

Juniors
Another Mariners supporter.

Live on the Coast and love going to watch when I get the chance.

I agree that the performance was not one of their better ones, but a win is a win and we are now 4 points in front.

Our second half was better than the first and Laurie must of put a few rockets up them at half time because they came out firing in the second.

I am glad I have a team to barrick for when the Eels are in the offseason It makes the offseason go faster.

Macca_

Coach
I agree Foz. I've seen a few of Perths games and they have been shocking. One of their better performances against the Mariners.

Glenn

First Grade
Macca_ said:
How long is Mrdja out for?

Mrdja, is on bike and swimming duties only for 2 weeks and then light running so probably at lease a month.
On the flip side we get the services of Mori for 6 weeks, including a derby match vs the bogans @ Gosford, and a match up vs Budget FC @ SFS:cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
finally the bubble bursts

Mariners slump to first defeat

By Guy Hand
September 30, 2007

ADELAIDE United has put the brakes on runaway A-League leader Central Coast, sending the Mariners slumping to their first defeat of the season.
United beat the Mariners 2-1 at Hindmarsh Stadium, with Olyroos striker Bruce Djite netting both goals as Central Coast was reduced to 10 men following the second-half sending off of defender Tony Vidmar.

But the Mariners remain on top of the A-League, four points clear of second-placed Newcastle, which was defeated 1-0 by Sydney FC in Sydney.

Adelaide sealed the victory with Djite's second goal with two minutes remaining - a goal that also spared referee Matthew Breeze's blushes.

Breeze had earlier disallowed a Djite goal, failing to play the advantage when teammate Nathan Burns was fouled and blowing prematurely for a free kick.

But the gaffe didn't matter after Djite eventually netted United a winner - the home side's task made easier when Vidmar was marched a few minutes earlier for a second yellow card offence.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22507945-5000940,00.html

Dutchy

Immortal
Goals:

Sasho Petrovski 3
Nik Mrdja 2
Adam Kwasnik 2

Yellow Cards:

Jedinak 2
Brown 2
Gumprecht 2
Hutchinson 1
Heffernan 2
Petrofvski 2
Clark 1
Vidmar 1
Kwasnik 1
Boogard 1

Red Cards:

Vidmar 2

Macca_

Coach
Ouch, now that late Adelaide winner hurts more! Thank god for Sp*rs though :lol:

Over 2.5 Goals (1.95) Welng-Perth WON
Parramatta PL +4.5 (1.90) WON
Draw (3.30) Adel-CntCst LOST (2-1)
Melbourne/Melbourne (2.10) WON
West Brom (1.48) WON
Everton (1.75) WON
Draw (3.25) Tothm-AVlla WON
$432.24 ($2)

Dutchy

Immortal
Pretty inspiring game by us again...

Goals:

Sasho Petrovski 3
Nik Mrdja 2
Adam Kwasnik 2
Pondeljak 1

Yellow Cards:

Jedinak 2
Brown 2
Gumprecht 2
Hutchinson 1
Heffernan 2
Petrofvski 2
Clark 2
Vidmar 1
Kwasnik 1
Boogard 1

Red Cards:

Vidmar 2

Jono078

Referee
Pondeljak a Rugby League fan? Said they were unlucky not to get the 2 points lol.

CC defence is very good, they work bloody hard and deserve to be where they are on the ladder I guess.

The ref was against us, but I wont blame that for the draw, at times we look great and the rest we look like under 15's, which is a coaching problem IMO.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jono078 said:
Pondeljak a Rugby League fan? Said they were unlucky not to get the 2 points lol.

CC defence is very good, they work bloody hard and deserve to be where they are on the ladder I guess.

The ref was against us, but I wont blame that for the draw, at times we look great and the rest we look like under 15's, which is a coaching problem IMO.

I agree on the defence

I always thought our two strikers would be our strength, but the defence has been outstanding

HayneHindi

Juniors
Peter O'Leary you are a joke. Instead of Porter getting the week of, the referee should be serving his suspension instead after that disgraceful decision.

I want to congratulate the boys on a fine second half performance under difficult circumstances. Losing Adam and Brownie early in the piece and then Porter being sent of(a Joke of a send off) I think to lose by only 1 was a great effort. Mile was outstanding and I thought Simon had a good game as well.

HayneHindi

Juniors
Alosi to the mariners is the best news for a while now.

Fox sports news have said that he could be playing as early as next week against Sydney FC.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
That'd be a perfect start imo.

Can't wait for the Sydney game, I'll be there! Doubt it'll be as fun as round 1. There was a hundred or so of us drunk going nuts before,during and after the game.

Y'all should go.

Dragooner

Bench
CC_Eagle said:
F*ck.

Got my days wrong.

Typical, I finish work at 3:30, kickoff is at 3.

Get some f*ckwit who's never heard of football to cover for you. Or just fake sick...