What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cleanout list

ParraFan09

Juniors
yeah burt and grothe are ahead of inu on the wing atm
but next origin game when haynes out or he's injured put inu on the wing.

and you have to be kidding me puttin Galuvao on the clean out list
he was one of our best forwards tonight until he went off. and he's been one of our best forwards all year. our pack wouldnt be the same if he's not in it next year.

Dutchy

Immortal
picture.php

Delboy

First Grade
Joe G is not even on $80k this year, so he will get a pay rise, Oake and Brod Wright were there last night, at their size they cannot compete in NRL.

They both are really the size of average centres, and they were signed as front rowers, that is depressing. We have players who are outsized from even the time I was involved in junior reps and that was in the late 80s/early 90s., hopefully that starts to change under DA

Suitman

Post Whore
why cant Inu just play wing? leave him there, he isnt a centre, how many chances does he need?

No one has mentioned that the first 3 times Inu took the ball up, he won us three penalties, to put us into a good attacking position.

Suity

ianlovesparra

Juniors
No one has mentioned that the first 3 times Inu took the ball up, he won us three penalties, to put us into a good attacking position.

Suity
For what the club is paying him, i would expect to get more out of him then 3 penalties per game.

What about that piss weak effort he made to catch a cross field kick with 1 hand, who does he think he is michael jordan?

Avenger

Immortal
Inu has been exposed as being nothing more then a finisher. Tahu should get a % of his contract money because he made him look good. He has shown zero since Tahu left for Union.

To think most of us (including me) thought that Tahu could be replaced by a Hayne and Inu centre pairing.

forward pass

Coach
For what the club is paying him, i would expect to get more out of him then 3 penalties per game.

What about that piss weak effort he made to catch a cross field kick with 1 hand, who does he think he is michael jordan?

..and that cost us a try. 3 penalties doesn't make up for that !

Bigfella

Coach
I agree that Inu is a better winger, but don't mean necessarily that he is "only" a finisher.

My worry about him in the centres is:

(a) one of the strongest parts of his game is his hit ups on kick returns. At wing he gets far greater opprtunity to perform this role. A back 3 of Hayne Grothe Inu is far superior on kick returns. Burt has done much better this year than his last stint on the wing. But just as he was playing okay at fullback before Hayne went there - I believe the side will be stronger with someone else in that role. We need to move on from Burty and into ther new era.
(b) He is one of the best in the club under the high ball in attack and defence. Wing might utilise that better.
(c) He struggles at centre getting flat ball in attack.

Having said all that, his body language and confidence is very poor at the moment. Needs to redeem himself a la Hayne.

I reckon Jono Wright's game at right centre v Knights, despite some flaws, was the best game by a Parra centre since Tahu. He got the balance of straight hit ups from flat balls; and linking with Grothe (how many years have we waited for someone to do that, and how well did Grothe play outside him?) that he needs to be given more chances.

My ideal outside backs for rest of centre would be:

Hayne
Inu
Reddy
Wright
Grothe

Juniors
I agree that Inu is a better winger, but don't mean necessarily that he is "only" a finisher.

(a) one of the strongest parts of his game is his hit ups on kick returns. At wing he gets far greater opprtunity to perform this role. A back 3 of Hayne Grothe Inu is far superior on kick returns. Burt has done much better this year than his last stint on the wing. But just as he was playing okay at fullback before Hayne went there - I believe the side will be stronger with someone else in that role. We need to move on from Burty and into ther new era.
(b) He is one of the best in the club under the high ball in attack and defence. Wing might utilise that better.

Having said all that, his body language and confidence is very poor at the moment. Needs to redeem himself a la Hayne.

I reckon Jono Wright's game at right centre v Knights, despite some flaws, was the best game by a Parra centre since Tahu. He got the balance of straight hit ups from flat balls; and linking with Grothe (how many years have we waited for someone to do that, and how well did Grothe play outside him?) that he needs to be given more chances.

Hayne
Inu
Reddy
Wright
Grothe

Absolutely agree with your comments on INU at centre, we have not had a decent game from a centre since that prelimanary final vs Melb when TAHU was on fire...Since then Reddy has been solid and wrights one game was good..The rest garbage from players that arent natural centres.

Hellsy

Immortal

Hayne
Inu
Reddy
Wright
Grothe

Ain't that the truth, Eric has to run inside to get the ball most games