What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The club is choosing McGregor over Frizell

Gareth67

First Grade
All Gould will do is arrange for Frizell and Mc Innes plus Lomax to go to the Roosters and then leave a mess like he did when he left the Panthers. Gould is a punch drunk gas bag with a bee stung face who is full of hot air and self importance. We should get David Waite in to sort out the mess.

I don’t know about McInnes however as you have said Dragon Revival , both Frizell and Lomax yes - almost certainly. Perhaps we could add Leilula to your list ?

I love frizz but play footy mate the debellin case is out of left field we all know that and just about all clubs would’ve handled differently so don’t get involved and if you ask me someone else using an excuse to leave or their form concentrate on footy leave that shit to the lawyers it’ll all come out in the wash reload next year but it’s endemic of this generation to bail out when the going gets tough now I don’t know what sort of chasm this has caused between certain factions of the playing group but they should concentrate on playing footy all of them interesting times ahead for the club in the next 12-18 months

BLM01

First Grade
Club (and specifically Mary's) handling of the JDB matter was horrific and far more concerning to me than any on field performances. Whoever decided keeping him around ALL YEAR for training deserves an uppercut.

Imagine how uncomfortable the working environment was for everybody involved.

Have you thought about just maybe Frizzell is upset that the club & Mary did not handle it well initially and did not do more beforehand in relationship with the NRL and how long it took (before the official stand down policy) and getting a replacement ready.etc etc ... instead of... assuming he was upset by the club support and JDB being there.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
If Frizz wants to go....dont let him.
Do whatever it takes to keep him.....but firstly ensure that he is not directly coached by the janitor named Mary on big bucks. Let the Gould / Flanno show run things and phase McNugget out. It can be done.
Mary has been quoted:..."while I am here Frizz is going nowhere...we have been through a lot together"
Love is grand but let him coach the cleaning staff while still employed and him and Frizz can still catch up from time to time.

Then again...chance to play finals footy in lieu of Dragons footy may be a bridge too far

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Of course it may be nothing to do with the JDB case OR McGregor, and is simply another case of a good player on average money wanting a better deal while he is at peak form. Let's face it, if Russell Packer and Matthew Lodge can get $700k per season (reputedly) Tyson should be on the same or better. I don't think he is.

Come on Miller , your not that naive. You can bet your last dollar that the board can see it , however it would appear that they have their own agenda.

Whether that is because of the dollar and cents situation with the J.V.’s finances or something that runs deeper within
the organization itself .

Either way they are completely aware of that mans lack of ability in all facets as a true rugby league coach . And their awareness is what makes the situation not only intolerable , but also bordering on criminal negligence.
I honestly think this is more of an ego thing rather than an issue of $'s and cents.
If you weigh up the cost of paying McGregor out vs the lost revenue due to "backlash from the fans", getting rid of McGregor is a no brainer.
Where the Board has shot itself in the foot is the early extension after round 6 in 2019.
Johnston and co would never have imagined such a capitulation which puts all the seat warmers in a very difficult position.
If they admit they were wrong, by all rights, they should all fall on their swords and resign.
However if they can keep their decision alive with the help of Flanagan as an assistant and Gould in the background, they may still come out of this with their jobs in tact.
IMO they will struggle to salvage this no matter what sort of iron lung they attach to McGregor simply because the roster is now much weaker than in it was last year and the year before that.
They will also have to deal with McGregor's massive, delusional ego which has been instrumental in white anting any assistant which shows aptitude and may be a future candidate for the top job.
While he can play the role of Miss Patricia in our Romper Room coach's box, McGregor feels comfy.
I'm not sure how he'll feel with Flanagan up his backside every 5 minutes. It will be interesting.
Maybe the Board's persistence in proving the fans wrong about McGregor, will ultimately be their downfall.
Self righteous, "we know what's best", "don't tell us our job" sheer arrogance and attitude towards the St.George fan base is unforgiveable.
As I have mentioned many times.
The biggest asset the club has is the fans.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This comes as no surprise and objectively speaking, Frizell is absolutely right about the club's handling of the DeBelin fiasco.
So if we lose Frizell our pack becomes even more fragile and the exodus of talent continues.
It's no coincidence that Frizell's probable departure coincides with Widdop's departure as he can see the writing on the wall.
St. George don't need to hire a "Manager of Football".
They need to sack McGregor and hire a FG standard coach.

The “exodus” began with Brett Morris. Ironically if Steve Price succeeded, he would’ve played out his career as a one club man.

If the Club was administered properly we would retain the players that we wanted to keep. We have a horde of Neros who fiddle while the Club goes up in flames. Our Women's
team puts the rest of the joint to shame as they play exciting and tough football.
Actually the ladies centre pairing would give Lafai and Aitkin a run for their money.
Love the way those two play.

Gareth67

First Grade
Actually the ladies centre pairing would give Lafai and Aitkin a run for their money.
Love the way those two play.

Agree , I don’t know the lass’es name but that big center who steamrolled the opposition like ten - pins to score beside the posts WOW ! What a step and sheer skill , as you have said Dennis she would fit nicely in our top grade .

As to your first post in regards to having Flanagan in the wings , knowing Mary he probably won’t think too much about it , but I wonder if Todd will change his mind sometime in season 2020 by saying that Flanagan’s penalty was too harsh and he shall be permitted to coach once more . Goodbye Mary ?

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
I love frizz but play footy mate the debellin case is out of left field we all know that and just about all clubs would’ve handled differently so don’t get involved and if you ask me someone else using an excuse to leave or their form concentrate on footy leave that shit to the lawyers it’ll all come out in the wash reload next year but it’s endemic of this generation to bail out when the going gets tough now I don’t know what sort of chasm this has caused between certain factions of the playing group but they should concentrate on playing footy all of them interesting times ahead for the club in the next 12-18 months
This sentence is a lot like McGregor's tenure as coach: terrible and seemingly neverending

Old Timer

Coach
If Frizz has a bur under his saddle blanket and wants out best the club listen to him and take the appropriate action to secure his ongoing tenure at the club.
Frizz is not looking elsewhere for another reason than, that he feels he has legitimate concerns over legitimate issues be it JDB and / or coaching etc.
Other players have been in this position before and many in here chose not to listen to them and more often than not gave them "the bird" for being disloyal.
Time to fess up and be honest about why good people actually want out and why imposters not only want in but get kept in.
Frizz is a great footballer watching his career go down the drain and obviously has a very decent moral conscience so to ignore him will be catastrophic.
Re the notion that club is choosing Mc Gregor over Frizzell it would appear to me that the club chose JDB over all its players and a great proportion of its fan base as well and that decision will come back to haunt us for a very very long time.

moes

Bench
I hate to say so but for Frizz's sake I would love to see him in a Bellamy or Robinson coached team. His game is stagnating under Mr Park Football.

Great too see you’ve got his best interest at heart.
If it was me, I’d be more like “shut the f up and play like your standing as one of the best forwards in the game, not the shit you dished up this year”

our club is a rabble but sick of players wanting out at the first sign shit gets tough. He wants to go then go and take that any other player who wants out.

possm

Coach
Everyone except the Board can see it.

Bunch of wankers
Nothing will get in the way of the back room deals that were done. Only a corruption scandal or an inquiry into the terms and reasons for accepting WINs below market-price offer would worry the Board. Come on reporters, where is the investigaton that may see your name in lights.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If the Club was administered properly we would retain the players that we wanted to keep. We have a horde of Neros who fiddle while the Club goes up in flames. Our Women's
team puts the rest of the joint to shame as they play exciting and tough football.
When you put old boys like Craig Young, Brian Johnston, Paul McGregor and Ian Millward in charge of key positions of up club, there is no upside to such a decision.
Sack these old boys
Hire Brown and Flanagan on a two year deal
Hire a new CEO and we are on our way to greatness again.