What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Game_Breaker

Coach
I would say The Batman is the best representation of a Batman in any live action film

The detective Batman has never really been shown on the big screen (maybe Batman Returns was the closest)
It was edge of your seat thriller all the way through which is very impressive for a nearly 3 hour movie as Captain Apollo said

What stops this being better than The Dark Knight is I think they complicated the plot a little with the background of some characters and too many moving parts
Still a great movie and I’ll definitely be watching it a second time

Generalzod

Immortal
The Batman was awesome geez even my wife liked it , it kind of reminded me of a bit of The Watchmen with Rorschach narration, I’m hoping for a sequel.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Batman was awesome, i lol'd when i heard someone behind me ask why its always f@$king raining in gotham.

Nailed it with pretty much everything. The tweaks to the usual story were great and the batmobile was badass

Game_Breaker

Coach
That car chase scene was amazing
Movies are so much better with practical effects
The bat mobile was very intimidating

They must’ve filmed in Sydney over the past 2 weeks because it was raining in almost every scene

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Batman, yep absolute slam dunk.

I’m pretty sure I have some type of kidney failure after holding onto a piss from about 30mins into the movie… I couldn’t leave my seat
That was me as well, and I waited for the end of credit scene FFS!! Everyone left in the cinema said what the f**k that it??

I thought it was great, only gripe was it was a little long could of edited it in a few places but otherwise I absolutely loved it. They nailed Gotham it was its own character. Pattinson did a real good job as Batman and Paul Dani crushed it as the Riiddler.

The strong Wamen Mayor should of got capped everyone around me was hoping she would cop it.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Thought The Batman was great but they added too many side plots/characters that weren't fleshed out so I didn't care about them eg:

I had no reaction when Alfred blew up. They hadn't really made me care about that character at all. Same with the Selina/Dad reveal. Didn't care about that one either. I don't think the movie is worse if they remove that part of the plot.

nöyd

Staff member
As a shift worker I was hesitant to see The Batman due to the fear of crashing out snoring in the cinema. Sounds like that won't be an issue, I'll be booking tix for this weekend myself and the Minister for War and Finance.

Really happy to hear Pattinson is good in it.

Thanks for not posting spoilers, really appreciate it. I will not be returning to this thread now until I've seen it lol

shiznit

Coach
😂

I’ve been waiting for this film for over a year and the day before I go to watch it my daughter tests positive for COVID so our entire household is in self isolation for atleast 10days… 🤦‍♂️

f**k me!

Matua

Bench
Thank god I didn't read this thread before going to see The Batman, would have been like Peacemaker all over again and I would have had too high expectations again. You blokes are fanboi central. 😉

Anyway, I enjoyed it, best Batman film since the Dark Knight.

The main issue I had with it was that it was two films in one, and a couple of hours in one of them concluded, and I thought wow that's a good film, then it carried on like it was the final Lord of the Rings film with never ending endings, and I had actually forgotten about the other plot which was technically the A plot.

Of the cast Pattinson was good, Zoe Kravitz was good and very hot, not sure why you hire Farrell and make him up so that he's unrecognisable (he was good though), Wright was also a good Gordon, and Andy Serkis was completely underused. TBH, Dano underwhelmed me.

6.8/10

I was thinking the same thing when they were focussing on him.
I did some more reading and the actor plays Tim Drake in Titans - which I hadn’t seen or really knew about, other than seeing it in the shelf at JB hifi. So the coincidence may be intentional.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Batman Mask of the Phantasm.
Animated movie from the early 90’s. I’d never seen it but seeing lots of “top Batman films” lists lately and this is in a lot of them.
This really is a very good movie and shows a different side to Bruce Wayne to what I’ve seen before in live action movies, the question he asks himself.
Definitely recommend watching it for a quick viewing, not even an hour and a half long.

Now I just gotta find time to see The Batman in cinemas.

PJ

First Grade
I really enjoyed The Batman, but with the end scene I thought

Really, more Joker

Just watched the deleted scene and really want to see what they would do with it in this incarnation

Actually want to go watch Batman again.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I really enjoyed The Batman, but with the end scene I thought

Really, more Joker

Just watched the deleted scene and really want to see what they would do with it in this incarnation

Actually want to go watch Batman again.

That’s a chilling take on the Joker

Reactions: PJ

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally got around to seeing The Batman and as good as it was, I really felt the length of it.
My main gripe is I didn’t feel the Riddler as much of a threat.

Latest posts