What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Watched Episode 1 of Moon Knight.

I thought it lived up to everything I had been hearing about it.

Hopefully they keep the momentum going…

Matua

Bench
Watched Episode 1 of Moon Knight.

I thought it lived up to everything I had been hearing about it.

Hopefully they keep the momentum going…
My only exposure so far to Moon Knight so far is the Empire podcast doing versions of Oscar Isaac doing a weird English accent.

I didn't know it was airing already, will check it out tonight.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I really enjoyed the first ep, but it’s really starting to lose it for me now.

To be honest I find the back and forth between Steven/Mark frustrating and I know I’m in the minority but I just don’t feel it with Oscar Isaac in this role/s.

Konshu I just find straight up annoying, reminds me of Venom/Eddie Brock just with no chemistry between the characters.

Hawke as Arthur Harrow and his cult is probably the most interesting thing about the show.

Overall pretty disappointed, I thought the trailer was unreal and I really thought it was going to be a cracker.

Reactions: PJ

shiznit

Coach
Anyone else find it super interesting that Marvel haven’t released a single trailer for Thor Love and Thunder and it’s under 2 and a half months from release…

Really weird they haven’t released anything so close…

I’m kinda for it though… it would be nice going into a film fresh with absolutely nothing spoiled.

I wonder how it will affect the marketing for the film… id love to actually see them try doing it with no trailer… just to see how well it would do…

Game_Breaker

Coach
Anyone else find it super interesting that Marvel haven’t released a single trailer for Thor Love and Thunder and it’s under 2 and a half months from release…

Really weird they haven’t released anything so close…

I’m kinda for it though… it would be nice going into a film fresh with absolutely nothing spoiled.

I wonder how it will affect the marketing for the film… id love to actually see them try doing it with no trailer… just to see how well it would do…

Maybe they don’t want to take away the thunder from the Doctor Strange movie
Once that is out they’ll ramp up the marketing for Thor

shiznit

Coach
Yeah I think you’re probably right…

A Thor trailer could also spoil Dr Strange as well…

I just find it pretty wild that they haven’t released anything yet…

I’m actually contemplating maybe trying to avoid all the Thor trailers because it may not be too long if a wait.

shiznit

Coach
yeah I couldn’t NOT watch it… 😂🤦‍♂️

First impression… love the song choice… but I kinda wish they would be a little practical with the environments.

I know it’s a space adventure and all… but it kinda looked abit CGI heavy in the backgrounds…

I wonder if they were using that Mandalorian room that Favreau created.

apart from that I couldn’t really tell much about the story.

azzah72

Bench
yeah I couldn’t NOT watch it… 😂🤦‍♂️

First impression… love the song choice… but I kinda wish they would be a little practical with the environments.

I know it’s a space adventure and all… but it kinda looked abit CGI heavy in the backgrounds…

apart from that I couldn’t really tell much about the story.
Yeah they did. Same tech.

Matua

Bench
I remember reading an article saying they would use Stagecraft which is the technology behind the Mandalorian studio (think ILM created it though not Faverau) but they wouldn't be using The Volume (the actual room) as they filmed in Sydney. Also IIRC they're using techniques which were developed for Ragnarok too which uses other proprietary equipment.

Zoidberg

First Grade
That scene where different aged Thor is running through the woods the next shot has to be bro Thor running.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
smart to leave portman out of the teaser who has mostly just rocked up to phone in a ridiculous paycheck again

shiznit

Coach
smart to leave portman out of the teaser who has mostly just rocked up to phone in a ridiculous paycheck again
Really?? Says who?

from what I’ve seen she’s looked pretty jacked… which would indicate she’s put a fair bit of work into the role…

Frederick

Staff member
The latest episode of Moon Knight got me like

giphy.webp

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah definitely had those National treasure/The mummy vibes until the end… then it just had WTF vibes… 😂😂
I did a bit of reading and apparently it's lifted directly from one particular run in the comics. Can't wait to see where the final two episodes go from here, can understand why they only gave reviewers the first 4 so they're all in the same boat as us 😂