What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
That’s actually not bad
The issue with that though is his name will still be Stark and not Von Doom

I hope they don’t go with the characters just pretending its a different person altogether with only someone like deadpool joking “hey you look exactly like Tony Stark”
Ohh that’s easily fixed… maybe Howard does something so bad that he has to flee the US in disgrace so his son cant use Stark name anymore as it was disgraced… so the child is named after the Baroness’s father Victor and he also takes his mothers name Von Doom. lol… I dunno kinda making it up as I go but as long as you flesh it out on screen it will work.

although I do find it sad that they do away with his Romani origin story.

Deadpool Wolverine was a blast. f**k I love the needling of the Mcu, Fox, Disney, characters etc.

It’s fun, swashbuckling and cheeky exactly like the comic. The dour slops of some of the films from last few years are forgotten as you enjoy this romp.
Hugh Jackman is magnificent. The only cameo I wanted more was a Dougray Scott Wolvie.

shiznit

Coach
Could you imagine if they managed to do this in live action…

IMG-2503.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a fun movie, great jokes. I can appreciate good jokes in movies and tv shows but usually I’ll just exhale through my nose and smile maybe. The jokes in this movie actually made me laugh
Especially the Gambit dialect coach joke lol
I’m glad they didn’t make that movie
I thought his wife Blake would be Ladypool, that would’ve hilarious

And ofcourse the Wolverine mask was epic. Finally got to see that on the big screen and was well worth it

Plot was dogshit, let’s be honest. If they had a better plot this could’ve been a classic.
In the Credits it did have Blake as Ladypool.

edit only about 3 days too slow ffs

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
geniused to make RDJ as Dr Doom, shows how desperate they are. He was an amazing Iron man and that’s all we will see instead of Doom. Dr Doom was my favourite villain in the comics and it looks like we will never get a version of him in live action.

should of gotten Cillan Murphy.

MRN

Bench
geniused to make RDJ as Dr Doom, shows how desperate they are. He was an amazing Iron man and that’s all we will see instead of Doom. Dr Doom was my favourite villain in the comics and it looks like we will never get a version of him in live action.

First person I thought of too.

shiznit

Coach

I actually wonder if it was too far into the MCU to be able to do Doom as his own character. I mean atleast with Black Panther they played on them hiding themselves with technology…

I mean after now after half of existence was snapped away and back they really can’t just all of a sudden drop Latveria into the mix…

I think a variant is probably the best way to go… considering they probably didn’t plan to have the X-Men/F4 characters available to them your gonna have to go the variant route like they have with Deadpool, X-men & F4.

They still could have gone with a brand new actor… but I think having a Tony Stark variant will open up all sorts of interesting storylines with Peter Parker, Strange, Banner, Happy, Pepper Potts etc…

Not sure if Cillian Murphy would have been my pick… wonderful actor but I don’t find him as imposing as I saw Doom.

Id look at someone like Karl Urban from the boys or Henry Cavill… I know he’s pretty much blacklisted but Johnny Depp or even throw a f**king truckload of money and get DeCaprio… lol

Parra Pride

Referee
I actually wonder if it was too far into the MCU to be able to do Doom as his own character. I mean atleast with Black Panther they played on them hiding themselves with technology…

I mean after now after half of existence was snapped away and back they really can’t just all of a sudden drop Latveria into the mix…

I think a variant is probably the best way to go… considering they probably didn’t plan to have the X-Men/F4 characters available to them your gonna have to go the variant route like they have with Deadpool, X-men & F4.

They still could have gone with a brand new actor… but I think having a Tony Stark variant will open up all sorts of interesting storylines with Peter Parker, Strange, Banner, Happy, Pepper Potts etc…

Not sure if Cillian Murphy would have been my pick… wonderful actor but I don’t find him as imposing as I saw Doom.

Id look at someone like Karl Urban from the boys or Henry Cavill… I know he’s pretty much blacklisted but Johnny Depp or even throw a f**king truckload of money and get DeCaprio… lol
Just bring back Mads Mikkelsen and use him as an actual villain and not some throw away shmuck in Doctor Strange.

Reactions: PJ

shiznit

Coach
Just bring back Mads Mikkelsen and use him as an actual villain and not some throw away shmuck in Doctor Strange.
I know it’s not as sexy RDJ… but Mikkelsen would be pretty good… make Von Doom as a variant of Kaecilius wouldn’t be bad from a story perspective…

Game_Breaker

Coach
They took a risk early on when they hired RDJ as Iron Man to build t
That sort risk taking no longer exists especially when Disney owns them

Parra Pride

Referee
I know it’s not as sexy RDJ… but Mikkelsen would be pretty good… make Von Doom as a variant of Kaecilius wouldn’t be bad from a story perspective…
Don’t even make him a variant, like most people are going to remember his previous appearance. He’s been interested in playing Doom in the past as well.

Latest posts