What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Pugzley

I don't know about Brie Larson as Ms Marvel.

Ms Marvel has a reputation as being curvy and having some meat on her badonka-donk

2725383-1625487_ms._marvel___flying_cho_lrg_super.jpg

Brie Larson looks willowy....

CoGOUHbVIAAdpbs.jpg:large

Last edited:

Pugzley

Actually now that I thought about it more, yeah... She would be a good fit. Tone up those arms though...

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I don't know about Brie Larson as Ms Marvel.

Ms Marvel has a reputation as being curvy and having some meat on her badonka-donk

Brie Larson looks willowy....

Do you even comic book bro?

Captain Marvel has a military background. most of the time shes portrayed as lean and strong, especially the modern take

standard_incredible.jpg

Lets not forget that all the fan boys whinged about Gal Gadot being "too skinny" for Wonder Woman too. Look how that turned out

elyod138

Bench
Brie Larson is a great actor. She'll knock it out of the park.

She was perfect in her other comic book role - Envy Adams from Scott Pilgrim.

LESStar58

Referee
Justice League seems to be taken more of an Avengers like lighter jokey vibe. It actually looks like it might be a fun movie after the dull boring mess that was batman vs superman.

Suicide squad looks less appealing with every new trailer. I think it's hyped and will have a big opening but won't have any legs.

Wonder Woman looks kinda like the first captain america movie. But she just looks right, especially when she is in action. She will be the major drawcard for this franchise

Even I thought WW looks great. Gal Gadot can't act a lick though.

vvvrulz

Coach
WW trailer looks more of the same really, dark and gritty for the sake of being dark and gritty without purpose or intrigue. They had to rely on Chris Pine quips for laughs.

The Justice League trailer looked a bit better, bit lighter in tone and looks to have a sense of fun in it.

I'm loving Batfleck. Am quite glad now that the other fella bailed.

Nice what they seem to be doing with Flash and Aquaman.

Now...get a rebooted, fun GL happening, in that GOTG vein, with knowing winks and the fish out of water.

And John Cho as the Atom, stealing Ant Man's shtick.

Last Week

Bench
WW trailer looks more of the same really, dark and gritty for the sake of being dark and gritty without purpose or intrigue. They had to rely on Chris Pine quips for laughs.

It's set during WW1, just before the great depression. They were dark times. I understand the criticism of MOS for being dark though. And the scenes of Themyscira don't look dark and gritty at all.

I'm not sure on the casting of Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. I'm sure he'll do well but I've heard that he'll also be playing Hal Jordan in the future. Obviously different characters but... Why?!...

Last edited:

Game_Breaker

Coach
I hope the look of the JL gets a little brighter in post-production, I don't mean in tone just the way it looks. They could use a few extra lights on set

It's set during WW1, just after the great depression. They were dark times. I understand the criticism of MOS for being dark though. And the scenes of Themyscira don't look dark and gritty at all.

I'm not sure on the casting of Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. I'm sure he'll do well but I've heard that he'll also be playing Hal Jordan in the future. Obviously different characters but... Why?!...

First World War was 1914-18.

The Great Depression began in 1929 and ran most of the thirties.

PJ

First Grade
Batman vs Superman extended.

Much better, motives actually make some sense though the resolution between the two main characters is still off.

T.S Quint

Coach
Loving the JL trailer.
Yet to check out the WW and Dr Strange ones.
Won't bother with any new Suicide Squad stuff. I already know I'm going to see it.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
It's set during WW1, just before the great depression. They were dark times. I understand the criticism of MOS for being dark though. And the scenes of Themyscira don't look dark and gritty at all.

He wont be playing GL, that much you can bank on. I'm pretty sure you've just been reading fan speculation because no decision has been made public on which GL they are going to lead with (John Stewart or Hal Jordan) let alone the actor that's getting the role

Last Week

Bench
He wont be playing GL, that much you can bank on. I'm pretty sure you've just been reading fan speculation because no decision has been made public on which GL they are going to lead with (John Stewart or Hal Jordan) let alone the actor that's getting the role

I hope that's the case.

I'm not sure who I'd rather, Hal Jordan or John Stewart. I prefer Stewart, but I think Hal Jordan's character would translate better to film. Another humorous character to go with Barry Allen.