What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The DaVinci Code

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Went and saw this movie last night. Probably would give it 8/10. It was pretty close to the book, leaving out some non-important bits but covering all the necessary stuff.
I dont think it was as bad as the critics have made out. I still dont think Tom Hanks was right for the role as Langdon but he didnt screw it up entirely. Go check it out if you get a chance. And then go and visit
http://www.challengingdavinci.com/ to get the real story :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's received just 15% positive feedback over at www.rottentomatoes.com, which doesn't speak volumes for its quality - but critics generally travel in flocks.

6/10 is the average mark at IMDB. I'll see it, even though I wasn't in love with the book.

The Devil

Bench
CycloneSteve said:
Went and saw this movie last night. Probably would give it 8/10. It was pretty close to the book, leaving out some non-important bits but covering all the necessary stuff.
I dont think it was as bad as the critics have made out. I still dont think Tom Hanks was right for the role as Langdon but he didnt screw it up entirely. Go check it out if you get a chance. And then go and visit
http://www.challengingdavinci.com/ to get the real story :p

Finally someone who agrees with me..

northey

First Grade
meh i am not interested in seeing the movie, maybe when it comes out on DVD. i loved the book though

Charley9

Bench
i thought the movie seemed a rushed production...it was always gonna be a tough task to convert it to a movie i thought. I didn't hate it, but i thought it could've been better. It seemed really watered down, i would have liked it to have been far more complex.

The Devil

Bench
CWBush said:
I think you'll find most everyone who read the book agrees with you.

Actually i don't.. and thats a worry..

Who would you guys draft instead of Hanks? The only other person i could think of was Clooney that sort of suited the role.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Book was fairly good, but te movie has had so many bad reviews. I will prob get dragged to see it, but my expectations will be very low

northey

First Grade
yeah, lol sometimes the bad reviews are wrong, but in this case i think they are right!
if i did go and see it, i will be seeing it at the Edge. i went and saw brokeback mountain there on tuesday (yes we only just got brokeback mountain).

~bedsy~

First Grade
I would give it 8/10
I don't know what the critics were on about. I enjoyed it, I liked Hanks, I think he did an alright job.
I think what people don't do is seperate the two. One is a movie one is a book, not all things can be put into a movie. Time is a big factor for that reason, plus it is a visual thing.
Also Brown was a producer and I'm sure if he didn't like it he would have said so.

Charley9

Bench
i love hanks to death, but i didn''t feel he was believable. I pictured Langdon as older and a bit more worn.
Harrison Ford may have been too obvious a choice, but i thought he would have done ok. Or richard gere.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I liked the movie. I haven't read the book yet though....no time...work...uni. But I think I would rather watch the movie then read the book since the movie usually ruins it. My boyfriend thought the end was stupid. I liked it after the scary guy died....he was so pale! Oh, and the chick is hot lol

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah I saw the movie last night, I enjoyed it. Probably give it a 7/10.

I haven't read the book though so I'm one of those people that are viewing it strictly as a film and not as an adaptation of a very popular book.

Wouldn't rush out and buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD though, but I could probably see myself watching it in another 5 years or so.

Latest posts