What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Desolation of Smug

flippikat

First Grade
I second this.

To do what they've done is an amazing effort, particularly in this day and age, but yep, time for somebody else next year. And not a Roosters or a Melbourne either.
What we need now is a few grand finals where both of the teams are either trying to break a drought or trying to win their first premiership... match ups like Warriors v Raiders or Titans v Dolphins or Eels v Tigers.

The kinda scenario that made 2005 such a fun GF for the neutral fans.

Bazal

Post Whore
I do think it's funny, in a way, that so many say Penrith are the greatest team ever but also shit on the quality of the comp otherwise these last few years.

Interesting to see how they're remembered when it's all history

An amazing team. The best you've ever seen.

You really have to see all top 30 squads to be certain. But my early prediction is no premiership in 2025. The penny will finally drop.

- JFH and Luai gone...by far the biggest personnel losses of the last five years.

- Las Vegas...we are crap in the early rounds and being overseas won't help.

- Cleary will play 3 games of SOO for a change which will curtail his season.

- No home ground...I don't think many understand what impact that will have.
I think Ivan will be involved in origin also.

King-Gutho94

Coach
- Cleary will play 3 games of SOO for a change which will curtail his season.
He isn’t the incumbent & do NSW really need him.

And SOO coincides with Mary's off-season.

I could sense another 5-6 week hamstring twinge come May/June/July.

Fangs

Coach
I do think it's funny, in a way, that so many say Penrith are the greatest team ever but also shit on the quality of the comp otherwise these last few years.

Interesting to see how they're remembered when it's all history

They play at the level of the opposition.

This is definitely the worst year of the 4 peat. Penrith have been in cruise control all year and at times looked terrible. They just did their usual thing of holding back until it really mattered. Traditionally the premiers put multiple teams to the sword and if the cue goes on the rack you think they aren't ready as a team to step up yet.

Its the softest NRL competition in a while.

Fangs

Coach
He isn’t the incumbent & do NSW really need him.

And SOO coincides with Mary's off-season.

I could sense another 5-6 week hamstring twinge come May/June/July.

I'm first to criticse Cleary. But he is walking into the NSW team. His impact in limited games this year has been quite amazing to watch. He and Moses will be a deadly pairing.

Another stud move, take a year off and go play in the UK.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'm first to criticse Cleary. But he is walking into the NSW team. His impact in limited games this year has been quite amazing to watch. He and Moses will be a deadly pairing.

Another stud move, take a year off and go play in the UK.
f**k off with this shit. Mary can come home and have babies or better yet Nath don't settle down in your 20s you fool

Sime_11

Juniors
#5yearplan should be our motivation for 2025

Penrith will still be in the 8 in 2025 - but Luai Fish & Tito cannot be understated how good they are to this team.

that ex Penrith team of this year grows by 3 and looks even more insane

Fangs

Coach
I think if the Broncos played to their potential we aren’t saying this.

Perhaps perhaps. They were a better team than 24 Storm.

f**k off with this shit. Mary can come home and have babies or better yet Nath don't settle down in your 20s you fool

Keep your hairpiece on.

It's 2024 mate. Nathan has achieved it all. Mary hasn't. The writing is on the wall.

If it was the 1950s you'd have a point. 'Honey! I'm home' *Cleary's fedora flies to the hat stand*

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Perhaps perhaps. They were a better team than 24 Storm.

Keep your hairpiece on.

It's 2024 mate. Nathan has achieved it all. Mary hasn't. The writing is on the wall.

If it was the 1950s you'd have a point. 'Honey! I'm home' *Cleary's fedora flies to the hat stand*
Nathan has plenty of unfinished business here. Dally M medals for a start

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Is that it? That crappy award? You've got a very short list.

In terms of things that actually matter he has achieved it. SOO, world cup, premierships. Nothing left to do.

Maybe he should retire and become an LU mod.
All time points record, 400 games for Penrith

Jetka100

Juniors
Hopefully at some stage the referees wake up to what Penrith are doing in the rucks. The amount of times they are either just lying around slowing things down or playing forward of the mark is ridiculous and referees are too afraid of taking them to task on it.

Hopefully at some stage the referees wake up to what Penrith are doing in the rucks. The amount of times they are either just lying around slowing things down or playing forward of the mark is ridiculous and referees are too afraid of taking them to task on it.
Let’s face it. Klein wasn’t going to call anything yesterday. Penrith was onto it, but let’s face it Storm we’re equally guilty (if not more so initially).

Munky

Coach

Lol

Average play the ball speeds

Storm: 3.19s
Penrith: 3.64s

Iamback

Coach
That team that obliterated Parramatta in 2022 was Penrith at the peak of their powers. They have lost several origin players since and are still winning comps. Shows how far ahead of the rest they were back then.

The 2022 team puts 40 on this current side, So much plod in the squad but the class is strong enough at full strength

Pjf04b

Juniors
Avg PTB speed. Mel 3.19s. Pen 3.64s. Who slowed the PTB. Look how many times a Melbourne player laid in the ruck, or how many times Penrith players had to wrestle away so they could play the ball.