What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Desolation of Smug

Jetka100

Juniors
Yes, Melbourne were guilty of it too, but credit to the Panthers for perfecting it. Just as they had to be stopped from having players standing in the line blocking markers at the play the ball, something needs to be done before every team starts doing it at that level.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hopefully at some stage the referees wake up to what Penrith are doing in the rucks. The amount of times they are either just lying around slowing things down or playing forward of the mark is ridiculous and referees are too afraid of taking them to task on it.
As a neutral Grant was the worst ruck offender last night. His ruck interference last night was next level. I was astounded he wasn’t binned after repeated warnings.

The 2022 team puts 40 on this current side, So much plod in the squad but the class is strong enough at full strength
I think they’ve done a good job of retaining the essential players, there’s only been a couple of departures who I thought would really sting. That said I think Fish will be the one that really hurts them. Romey will also hurt however if Cleary plays >20 games during the regular season they’ll be fine without him. With Cleary, Biz, Edwards, Leota, Martin and Yoweh they’ll definitely be thereabouts

Iamback

Coach
I think they’ve done a good job of retaining the essential players, there’s only been a couple of departures who I thought would really sting. That said I think Fish will be the one that really hurts them. Romey will also hurt however if Cleary plays >20 games during the regular season they’ll be fine without him. With Cleary, Biz, Edwards, Leota, Martin and Yoweh they’ll definitely be thereabouts

That was the key long term is keeping guys in key positions.

depth is a problem now but there are a batch of 5-6 20 year olds, how quick they get up to speed is key.
You'd think the key guys need a good injury run to be in the mix next year

MKCS

Juniors
time for somebody else next year. And not a Roosters or a Melbourne either.

If I had to have a bet on it right now I'd say Melbourne win the comp next year probably beating Penrith so it'll be different but also just as boring.

Melbourne lose no players, Penrith lose 3 from their grand final side last night. Roosters were no real shot even in 2024 but now we've lost 5-6 key players as well so now we're no real chance either.

You never know though...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If I had to have a bet on it right now I'd say Melbourne win the comp next year probably beating Penrith so it'll be different but also just as boring.

Melbourne lose no players, Penrith lose 3 from their grand final side last night. Roosters were no real shot even in 2024 but now we've lost 5-6 key players as well so now we're no real chance either.

You never know though...
Was thinking about that and even losing three star players, it’s happening in a way that I think still leaves Penrith a genuine chance at 5. They lose a half, an outside back and a forward- and because they have depth across the park they can absorb all three unless they get smashed with injuries. If they’d lost three key forwards, for example that would’ve probably hurt them more.

Bazal

Post Whore
Was thinking about that and even losing three star players, it’s happening in a way that I think still leaves Penrith a genuine chance at 5. They lose a half, an outside back and a forward- and because they have depth across the park they can absorb all three unless they get smashed with injuries. If they’d lost three key forwards, for example that would’ve probably hurt them more.

Not sure who they plan to replace Eshay Luai.

They can pick Talagi and have a gutless black hole in the defence or they can pick Schneider and have plod as pure as Kirk Reynoldson without the beard

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

They can pick Talagi and have a gutless black hole in the defence or they can pick Schneider and have plod as pure as Kirk Reynoldson without the beard
Or they could go to the market. Let’s face it they could get a pretty serviceable halves parter for Cleary at massive unders because it’s a magic carpet ride.

Munky

Coach

Alamoti looked like he ate Latrell when he was playing last year and had no lateral movement.

Twelve months later he scores the match winning try in a GF.

I have some faith they can get Talagi to tackle.

Valheru

Coach
Or they could go to the market. Let’s face it they could get a pretty serviceable halves parter for Cleary at massive unders because it’s a magic carpet ride.
There is no one in the market for 2025

Trust us at the roosters, we had to get f**king Townsend for depth.

Signings for 2026 could be very interesting with the contract statuses of Moses and Brown

Fangs

Coach
There is no one in the market for 2025

Trust us at the roosters, we had to get f**king Townsend for depth.

Signings for 2026 could be very interesting with the contract statuses of Moses and Brown

Ben Hunt. If they can convince him to do one more year in Sydney.

Trade Brandon Smith.

Latest posts