What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The difference of a good coach

chili pepper

Bench
2 tries from Ricky's set pieces & organised and structured defence (Ryan & Hamilton, 2007).

Good things to come over the next year or two - with his influence (tactical & signings)we are a good chance to break our premiership defence in 08-09

Big wraps from the ABC crew tonight - nil scoreline is awesome

Inferno

Coach
Our defence was pretty good, but then again the Pennies attack was in shambles a lot of the night as well.

Seems to me for some stupid reason they've gone back in time and Gower is playing pretty flat?

Inferno

Coach
I thought Sticky's use of the bench was pretty good tonight.

A stark contrast to Raper's sh*t use of it last year.

juanfarkall

Coach
Inferno said:
Our defence was pretty good, but then again the Pennies attack was in shambles a lot of the night as well.

Seems to me for some stupid reason they've gone back in time and Gower is playing pretty flat?

The Penrith attack was only as effective as your defence allowed it to be. From my TV it looked like Priddis was the only Panther who came close to making genuine inroads.

If an improvement in defence was Stuart's goal for tonight then your mob did well.

PJ

First Grade
From the ground the defence was very well drilled.

Doesn't show as well watching the replay.

Dave Q

Coach
Yes, the Panthers were expecting to do better, installed as favourites by many (not me).

Its a tremendous start to the season for the sharks.

Barring too many injuries, seems a finals berth is imminent.

Kearney is a key player. This unfashionable player from Souths. Its a laugh, but good luck to him.

Kearney for Origin!!

Yes, its all Ricky.

gregstar

Referee
Dave Q said:
Yes, the Panthers were expecting to do better, installed as favourites by many (not me).

Its a tremendous start to the season for the sharks.

Barring too many injuries, seems a finals berth is imminent.

Kearney is a key player. This unfashionable player from Souths. Its a laugh, but good luck to him.

Kearney for Origin!!

Yes, its all Ricky.
what the f*ck are you doing here you d*ckhead?

spider

Coach
juanfarkall said:
The Penrith attack was only as effective as your defence allowed it to be.

i agree

at one stage gowie didnt know where the f**k to kick the ball so he dribbled one inside which still got snapped up

gower ran his usual lines at pace, but there was no where for the options to penetrate - and if they half did so it was closed up by the back row

the team played well as a whole defencively - but the fringe was great

chili pepper

Bench
Inferno said:
I thought Sticky's use of the bench was pretty good tonight.

A stark contrast to Raper's sh*t use of it last year.

He seemed to leabe de Gois and Ciraldo for late in the match. Can't recall them being mentioned until about 20 to go

Inferno

Coach
Yep, I think that was probably the right way to use the bench as well considering how often we capitulated in the last 20 minutes of games last year.

I remember last year being very impressed with Sticky's use of the bench when we played the chooks last year; they were down to 1 on the bench (Tonga), and Sticky held off using him, but when he came on, he tore us to shreds.

spider

Coach
i thought it was good - he left kinga in there to get a real feel for the flow of the game

kinga never impressed me at all last night in offence - seems a bit one dimensional

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Noticed Dymock out there delivering instructions and no doubt his own ideas as well. Some of the defence had 'Cement' written all over it. Panthers lost the ball on the third 'crunching' tackle which led to Kearneys 1st try from the ensuing scrum. Good sh*t.

Surely

Post Whore
The biggest improvement over last year was the completion rate 80%, maybe juggling wasn't really the way to go, or Gallen and Scott not playing had a big effect on the completion rate.

Latest posts