What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The difference of a good coach

Thomo.

First Grade
chili pepper said:
2 tries from Ricky's set pieces & organised and structured defence (Ryan & Hamilton, 2007).

Good things to come over the next year or two - with his influence (tactical & signings)we are a good chance to break our premiership defence in 08-09

Big wraps from the ABC crew tonight - nil scoreline is awesome

Ricky and his team are very professional and hardworking

goods thing to come chilli

Frenzy.

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
i thought it was good - he left kinga in there to get a real feel for the flow of the game

kinga never impressed me at all last night in offence - seems a bit one dimensional

So nothing different from last year? I thought he was a little better. Made one kick which was a nothing but it was an idea. Nevertheless Kinga really doesn't inspire me. He's on borrowed time I'd say because de Gois looked sharp.

White Poiner

Coach
We need to bomb the wings more..
We only did it a couple of times and the ball landed about 7m from the try line ffs.
Our kicking was sh*t imo.

spider

Coach
White Poiner said:
We need to bomb the wings more..
We only did it a couple of times and the ball landed about 7m from the try line ffs.
Our kicking was sh*t imo.

kicking in that wind last night was as easy as pushing a marsh mellow up a tigers ass

fair dinkum!!!!

7m from the line was better than 7m past it....

blood from a stone comes to mind

Special K

Coach
On the bench I thought it was left a bit late for selmes to come back on. He sat on the bench for ages and came back under 5 to go. The game was won I would of liked to of seen him get some more time on debut.

The first thing I noticed about us last night was the fact we had a sleeve sponsor a lower back one also. Pretty nifty to pick up two new sponsors after losing ten straight.

Fuddy

Juniors
Pretty good effort for game one - a huge difference this year will be Ricky's ability to understand how Kimmorley and Dykes can play together - as a man who understands both positions.

Those who were concerned last year should take heed - the coach of a first grade side should be able to influence the way his two main playmakers gel together.

Kearney, Thompson and Bird were all very impressive - the frontrowers held things together well.

millersnose

Post Whore
frankly i was unimpressed

we should beat crappy sides at home and i thought the scoreline flattered us

i dont think ricky will be popping champagne corks just yet

carcharias

Immortal
I agree with Noddies.
I thought ( from what I remember ) we looked a bit average.

I was canning on heavily though.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
It was OK for rd 1

We did look better organised.

Everyone seemed to know what to do, when.

The Molester having a bad night( and he got plenty from the hill!) helped the blot scoreline.

Bench use was sooo much better than last year.

Blot means to me we played 80 and that is good regardless of the opposition.

White Poiner

Coach
SpiderShark said:
kicking in that wind last night was as easy as pushing a marsh mellow up a tigers ass

fair dinkum!!!!

7m from the line was better than 7m past it....

blood from a stone comes to mind

Ok, mr i know everything.
I think we need to challenge the wingers.. I remember youngquest in he's youngerdays as flinching under a larger player when going for the high ball.
Covell and Ando should of been used a little more in the air.
And the reason is cause i say so.. so yeah:p

spider

Coach
White Poiner said:
Ok, mr i know everything.
I think we need to challenge the wingers.. I remember youngquest in he's youngerdays as flinching under a larger player when going for the high ball.
Covell and Ando should of been used a little more in the air.
And the reason is cause i say so.. so yeah:p
i didnt mean to rattle your cage poiner

i replied to the football point - i never attacked personally

on topic - y'quest is not young anymore, he may not flinch these days?

the wingers could have been used more - on the ground too apparently

White Poiner

Coach
SpiderShark said:
i didnt mean to rattle your cage poiner

i replied to the football point - i never attacked personally

on topic - y'quest is not young anymore, he may not flinch these days?

the wingers could have been used more - on the ground too apparently

dood, nothing rattles me.
im just beaing a wanker because i feel like it. By making up random points like the youngquest one.

Penrith have Rooney and Youngquest who are big strong players. wWho are capable of shutting down air raid's. However i believe in future games.. the pure size of Ando and the jumping ability of Covell may become one of our greatest attacking weapons in this present season. Bomb the fug out players like utai el masri etc.

carinashark

First Grade
I didnt see that much different from Rapers time. I thought I would see more line speed, more confidence in attack and klever kcking from the halves . Oh thats right the jersys where different.

Malonez

Juniors
Did anyone see during the PL game (maybe early in the 2nd half) when balmain knocked the ball on, the sharks guy tried to pick it up & he knocked it forward & another sharks guy grabbed the ball. The ref penalised us for being off side. Wouldn't the original knock on by balmain be the call & it should've been a scrum with our feed???

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Good question,
if he didnt regather, then technically there has been no knock on. the only foul is the offside,
curly one.

Malonez

Juniors
Just asking because I think thats where the game really turned & balmain walked home after that. On a positive note, my stand-out was Wilson (I think that's his name) skinny 2nd rower - played well above his weight & smashed a few.

Latest posts