What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dud

Gibbo

Juniors
With the news that the sharks have signed Ian Donnelly it has reminded me of some of the dud purchases the sharks have made over the years (Darren Map, Darren Albert, Leon Bott etc etc).
Also, it has made me lament on some of the bad choices clubs have made over the years in signing players, and i was wondering what people consider to be their clubs worst ever sigining.

As a Steeler fan i always considered Martin Marseela to be our worst ever signing, which says a lot . Think he played 2 games before being suspended for 8 weeks for a head high and can't remember him playing again.

Dragons would surely have to be Simon Woolford (edging out Hasn Saleh, who funnily enough went to the sharks). Considering that he could actually play alright at Canberra made his signing even more disappointing, as the handful of actual first grade games he did play mostly consisted of him giving away penalties and forward passes from dummy-half. To top it off he always refused to play reggies in the local Wollongong comp due to mystery illnesses and was from all reports a total goose.

So, most disappointing signings of all time?

perverse

Referee
Ben Rogers is currently pending at the knights along with everyones favourite bushranger.

Charlie124

First Grade
Scott Minto
Sione Faumuina
Jason Smith (2 years past his used by date)

oh..........those all happened in ONE year......yeah......think about it.

Gibbo

Juniors
Roosters:
Brett Firman

I'd actually forgotten about this until recently :(

There's a man for 'Where are they now'

Personally i felt Firman sufferred from the 'John Simon' syndrome when he was at the roosters (i.e. when the roosters sign a halfback despite the fact that they already have an established halfback thus said signed halfback ends up playing reserves)

typicalfan

Coach
Any side who signed Joe Williams and Richie Williams. Lee Hookey, Paul Franze, Sean Rutgerson, Leon Bott, Tyran Smith.

Knightmare

Coach
Kirk Reynoldson.

I was really disappointed with him, I remember he was such a workhorse at Melbourne and when I found out he was signing with Newcastle I thought he would be a valuable asset. Instead he just played like the dead-wood that Brian was right to give the arse, and is now best remembered for his public spat about being told to look elsewhere for a contract.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Motu Tony maybe?

We usually go ok with the players we bring in. Mundine wasn't great but he went ok, Sims and Clinton are coming along.

Garrick Morgan for the crushers would have to be the all time funniest though.

typicalfan

Coach
Motu Tony maybe?

We usually go ok with the players we bring in. Mundine wasn't great but he went ok, Sims and Clinton are coming along.

Garrick Morgan for the crushers would have to be the all time funniest though.
Maybe not quite Motu Tony, he individually didn't go well because of injury, but his injury allowed Karmichael Hunt to make his debut.

Sims may be ordinary but his younger brother you snared is the real deal.