What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dud

Eelementary

Post Whore
Adam Dykes

I remember watching him run around in 2001 destroying teams, and when it was announced we signed him I was like, "NO f**kING WAY!!!!"

Yeah...

skeepe

Immortal
For the Raiders:

Matt Rua
Nathan Barnes
Craig Frawley
Darren Mapp
Rod Maybon
Odell Manuel
Jermaine Ale
Phil Blake
Michael Harrison
Andrew Lomu
Jason Williams
Peter Penaia
Damon Booby
Jimmy Veikoso

Brimmer

Juniors
For the Raiders:

Matt Rua
Nathan Barnes
Craig Frawley
Darren Mapp
Rod Maybon
Odell Manuel
Jermaine Ale
Phil Blake
Michael Harrison
Andrew Lomu
Jason Williams
Peter Penaia
Damon Booby
Jimmy Veikoso

Phil Blake wasn't that bad??! The rest I concur...Howell was a bit of a dud as well...way too inconsistant. You can throw Brett Kelly into the mix!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
All the Dragons players we signed except Luke Patten and Josh Morris

Should of stayed at the Dogs..

On another note....
We'd like to thank you for all the Dragons players you have signed ...excluding Josh Morris.

Luke Patten...
Darryl Millard..
Always in Trouble Holdsworth...

cheers..

The Tank

Bench
I'd say a lot of clubs would have gotten their's from us.

eg. Panthers - Worth, Tighe

Tighe actually hasn't been too bad for us IMO. I'd still rather one of our own players ahead of him (and Elford... FMD) but he's performed better than I thought he would. Worth on the other hand... we've had some monumental duds in our time but he is one of the duddiest duds that ever dudded...

LeagueNut

First Grade
Matt Jobson
Danny Sullivan
Paul Dezolt
Jason Temu
Jason Bell
Matt Spence
Scott Coxon
Scott Pethybridge
Tyran Smith
Kevin Iro
Grant Young
Mark Carter

Meth

Staff member
Warriors have certainly had their share-

John Kirwan
Andy Platt
Dennis Betts
Marc Ellis
Mark Carter
Tyran Smith
Scott Pethybridge
Jason Bell
Mark Robinson
Tony Martin
Matt Jobson
Grant Rovelli

anjado

Juniors
Ashley Gordon : Looked awesome for the Knights in 1990 signed for Penrith in 1993 and was terrible.

Mark McGaw : Was poor his entire time with Penrith, With the exception of one match against Parramatta when he knocked Robert Muchmore into row z.

Chad Halliday : Had no pace, no power, no footwork, I really have no idea how he made first grade.

Graham Lyons : NSW Origin player in 1990 we signed him in 1992 he barely played first grade was awful his career never recovered.

Pieter Muller : In South Africa's 1995 world cup winning rugby squad, signed by Penrith in 1996 and never played a first grade side.

Half of Fiji : Penrith in the early 90's thought every fijian must be as great as Noa Nadruku, They were sadly mistaken.

Brendan Worth : how a player who can't catch the ball can even make grade is amazing to me.

Richie Williams : Terrible defender really really awful defender.

Gordan Falcon : Wasn't so bad just that he spent half his time at Penrith suspended.

and the rest

Joe Williams
Ian McCann
Kurt Landers
Stan Presdee
Nick Youngquest
Craig O'dwyer
about 40 from 1993-1996

Raider_69

Post Whore
wow. Where to start...
Tyran smith, david howell, bret kelly, matt rua, matt bickerstaff, andrew dunemann... All worthy contenders but the single worst singing, considering his pea hearted efforts in comparison to the money we payed. The crown goes to Craig Frawley.

Stu Flanagan hasn't started his raiders career too well. Harrison though, wow, thanks tigers! He's a gun!

I recon canberra have off-loaded a few-
Panthers - matt elliott
Brisbane - darren mapp
Roosters - brett finch
Titans - kris kahler
Dragons - simon woolford
Tigers - ryan o'hara

Last edited:

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
What happened to Ryan O'hara since he went to tigers? I remember he played a game for the blues in origin afew years back..

Mr Saab

Referee
South Sydney : Russell Richardson

Newcastle : Russell Richardson

Souths : Shannon Hegarty

Cowboys : Shannon Hegarty

Didgi

For the Cowboys it would have to be Sione Faumuina, closely followed by Shannon Hegarty. Faumuina got into trouble so many times, and was given so many chances, and still got into trouble, and was sh*t on the field. I sympathise with whomever has him now.

Does anyone else remember an article in the 'guru' section of Rugby League Week either last year or '07? There was a story about this guy who had faked contracts, faked connections and bribed stars at the time into supporting him.

On the back of all this I think Manly signed him, he played his first game on the wing and dropped every single bomb that came his way, and everytime he was passed the ball he spilt it as well. Of course the coach got suspicious, as he was supposed to be really awesome, and found out he was just a fake. Apparently he was an NFL (gridion) player, and a pretty handy one at that, who had decided to try his hand at League.