What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Duges-How will he go in the Red V?

saints4ever

First Grade
Josh Dugan can check his Myspace messages when on Facebook to tweet about his day on Instagram while sending a picture through Yahoo so Bing can talk to Google about it and put it up on Wikipedia.

Fingerbang

Bench
One thing for certain.....if he doesn't have a huge game, all the experts in this place will be calling for him to be sacked or dropped to the Cutters next week. :p

nontime111

Juniors
GO DUGES! LET EM KNOW!! DOMINATE BROTHER GOOD LUCK IN THE MIGHTY RED V, they thought SONNY BILL was good at comebacks! LET RIP JOSHY GOOO DRAGONS!!!

The Cobra

Juniors
Obviously he will lack match fitness,but being a gifted athlete he will go really well I reckon.Just a thought,What will Laurie Daley do if he has a blinder & completely shows up the Hayne Pains inadequacies?

Drop Bear

Juniors
I think there is a change in the teams attitude, or belief with just the presence of Dugan in the team now, I'm feel not only will he fire but the team will and look out for Dugan running off Merrin or Creagh..

Drop Bear

Juniors
So guys are you a little pumped about the game today? The Dugan circus has added some real anticipation to it, wll he won't can he?? Man if he scores a try the crowd will go nuts I recon.. And the flow on effect to the rest of the team should we win could see the Red V, actually turn a corner...for real....

An addition of Dugan, will make us as a stronger team. We all will be fired up. Dugan will be the most dangerous player on that field! Just watch his fend and linebreaks, it would dominate our attacking plays.

HDragonsFan

Juniors
He's bound to be a bit rusty, but you just get the feeling that he'll sneak across at some stage... Crowd will go nuts, the boys will be celebrating with him.. he'll know the Red V is part of him. (or pink V as it were tonight)

dragondonar1

Juniors
i hope he is so fired up that he punches soward in the face and tells him to take the line on and after the dragons win 36 to 0 they both make up with some lolly water

This Year?

Immortal
If he has a bad game I'll be straight onto whatever social media site he uses and will give it to him deluxe.

possm

Coach
I hope Dugan has a blinder. We need some insperation and he along with Morris, Nightingale and if on-song, Soward are out best bet to deliver.

If our fowards can give the go-forward and block the leakage up the midle in defence, we should see the best of Dugan and the back 3.

Soward, Fien and Stanley should be on notice; perform today or you'll have a stint in the Cutters.

64 Dragon

Coach
He could have had 4 tries. He could have beaten Hayne on the outside if he'd kept running straight because Hayne expected him to step inside. Do the unexpected next time Josh. And if Weyman had kept running through the line instead of stopping the try would have been awarded. The defenders were never going to get there anyway.

TheRev

First Grade
He could have had 4 tries. He could have beaten Hayne on the outside if he'd kept running straight because Hayne expected him to step inside. Do the unexpected next time Josh. And if Weyman had kept running through the line instead of stopping the try would have been awarded. The defenders were never going to get there anyway.
Yep this.. created most of our opportunities through individual brilliance.. the dissalowed try annoyed me because it looks like the defender literally held onto Weyman to play for a penalty, which is major lame in my books.. Dugan would have scored anyway, it just made his job far easier, and Hayne yeah that was a freaky tackle but kudos to him, Duges timing just a bit out I think, should have stepped sooner, but um hey he tore Paramatta a new one..

Makes me wonder how we have survived this long without that level of class in our backline, and so much better for Nightingale to go back to his wing and focus on his own game...

The Enforcer

Juniors
After a lean period mainly due to a pop gun attack, it is a very exciting time with Dugan joining and a few more guns joining next year.Regardless of the fact that Dugan has missed some football, he was always going to be up for last nights game and played accordingly. The dilemma is that match winners don't come along all that often and you don't want to let them get away by not giving them what they want, however Dugan will inevitably have some injuries and have lulls with form, so the question is how will he handle those times and we have now all seen what can happen with him when his mind is not in the right place.
It's a massive decision for Doust to make as if signed on a long term deal, Dugan will take up a huge portion of the cap and he is taking a risk with many just waiting for Dugan to f..k up again.
IMO, we must sign the guy on at least a 3 year deal and assign someone to be a personal mentor and help in observing any early signs of him going off the rails. This guy could be a legend of the game and it's exciting to think that he could be doing it in the red V.

FlameThrower

Bench
After a lean period mainly due to a pop gun attack, it is a very exciting time with Dugan joining and a few more guns joining next year.Regardless of the fact that Dugan has missed some football, he was always going to be up for last nights game and played accordingly. The dilemma is that match winners don't come along all that often and you don't want to let them get away by not giving them what they want, however Dugan will inevitably have some injuries and have lulls with form, so the question is how will he handle those times and we have now all seen what can happen with him when his mind is not in the right place.
It's a massive decision for Doust to make as if signed on a long term deal, Dugan will take up a huge portion of the cap and he is taking a risk with many just waiting for Dugan to f..k up again.
IMO, we must sign the guy on at least a 3 year deal and assign someone to be a personal mentor and help in observing any early signs of him going off the rails. This guy could be a legend of the game and it's exciting to think that he could be doing it in the red V.
Agreed, has to be a priority to sign up.....yes a level of risk, but I think he is the X-factor we need. I see no other choice, and compare him to Beale in attack, speed, strength, it's a no brainer. He is the modern day Fullback!

Latest posts