What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

parra pete

Referee
1. The Grand Final Crowd figure Parra v Newtown was amazing for what reason?
2. Name the star Eels forward whose brother became a premiership, Test and SOO star in the norties
3. The Eels first major jumper sponsor.

Captain BF

Juniors
Great thread Stagger!
1. The Grand Final Crowd figure Parra v Newtown was amazing for what reason? 57333 EEELS backwards
2. Name the star Eels forward whose brother became a premiership, Test and SOO star in the norties Chris King - Matt King
3. The Eels first major jumper sponsor. Grouse or Famous Grouse?

Parra Guru

Coach
1. The Grand Final Crowd figure Parra v Newtown was amazing for what reason? 57333 EEELS backwards
2. Name the star Eels forward whose brother became a premiership, Test and SOO star in the norties Chris King - Matt King
3. The Eels first major jumper sponsor. DUX

jono

Juniors

Agree to all three , DUX water heaters sponsored the team in the finals of 1977
The next year Famous Grouse Whiskey took over , until and including 1980

parra pete

Referee
Onya P.G. The crowd 57333 is Eeels on a calculator turned upside down. Lucky I didn't go, otherwise an amazing piece of history would have been overturned 57334 would not have worked.....
AND it was DUX, not Famous Grouse sorry Cap'n.
The "Hay Sucks" located lassie is it...:lol: "You go girl..."

Stagger eel

Staff member

the threads yours PG...

strider

Post Whore
Onya P.G. The crowd 57333 is Eeels on a calculator turned upside down. Lucky I didn't go, otherwise an amazing piece of history would have been overturned 57334 would not have worked.....
AND it was DUX, not Famous Grouse sorry Cap'n.
The "Hay Sucks" located lassie is it...:lol: "You go girl..."

"heels" still would have been an impressive crowd

Hallatia

Referee
yeah, given that you posted this at about 2am this morning it may be worth your while to try and umm!! sleep ;-)..
shhhh cricket was on, great match between the Saffers and the Poms (half of whom are also Saffers ...) I slept after stumps:D
I am sure you would agree that cricket trumps sleep...

Parra Guru

Coach
I'll give my turn to Captain BF, he got the most answers first (thank goodness for Retro jerseys), and I'm no good at coming up with Questions :)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive got one, probably a bit easy one.

Name the player, who played one first grade game for Parramatta, missed 2 seasons of first grade and then later won a premiership with his next club and represented his state.

Captain BF

Juniors
Hard.

1) Who was our last Dual International?
2) How many of our rookie of the year award winners have won premierships? With us or with other Australian 1st grade NRL/ARL/NSWRL teams?
3) Who was our water runner/sprint trainer in 1986? ( Clue: He was a real jumper)

Captain BF

Juniors
Easy
1) Who is Parra's top pointscorer?
2) Who has played the most 1st grade games of our current squad?
3) Who has Captained Parra to the most wins?

Captain BF

Juniors
Trivial.
1) Which ex-Parra 2nd rower gave me my first speeding ticket?
2) Which ex-Parra 2nd rower absolutely creamed me in my 1st game back to Rugby League after not playing for 5 or so years. Made me rethink playing...
3) Which ex-Parra 2nd rower has sold me (too) many jerseys over the years?

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1) Timana Tahu
2) Only one I can think of was Andrew Ryan, Bulldogs 2004. Depends how far the Rookie of the year was presented.