What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

Captain BF

Juniors
I think it's your turn Stags.

p.s. Yes idid get a little carried away yesterday. Sorry about that.

parra pete

Referee
1) Yeah i was thinking previous to Tahu
2) Jack Afamasaga was 18th or 19th man. You did get Bert though.
3) Sorry Pete. It was Jersey.
Sorry Pete.

Actually originally I had Rob Rowland Smith. You put me off when you clued "Jumper". I thought "Jumper Leads"

"A jumper lead walks into a bar. The bartender says: 'I'll serve you, but don't start anything.'

Stagger eel

Staff member
Actually originally I had Rob Rowland Smith. You put me off when you clued "Jumper". I thought "Jumper Leads"

"A jumper lead walks into a bar. The bartender says: 'I'll serve you, but don't start anything.'

RRS never played for the club petey...

give me a few minutes to think up some questions.

Captain BF

Juniors
Here's one for ya Pete...

How many LU Parra fans does it take to screw in a light bulb? 6

1 to call the light bulb a myth, 1 to start a "why did tim smith break the previous light bulb" thread. 1 to claim the light bulb is a conspiracy, 1 to claim its fitzy's fault, 1 to post a youtube link to the changing of the bulb and 1 to actually do it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1) who was the replacement forward who came on and scored 2 tries in the 78 semi final against the bulldogs?

2) name the 2 players who played their 1 and only fg game in 1986 against Canberra at Parra.

3) pick the odd man out and why..

John muggleton, Dean Pay, Luke Burt, Ken Stewart and Steve Ella

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Here's one for ya Pete...

How many LU Parra fans does it take to screw in a light bulb? 6

1 to call the light bulb a myth, 1 to start a "why did tim smith break the previous light bulb" thread. 1 to claim the light bulb is a conspiracy, 1 to claim its fitzy's fault, 1 to post a youtube link to the changing of the bulb and 1 to actually do it.

You missed a few:

1 to blame Luke Burt
1 to suggest Cayless goes to England to buy a new one and stay there
1 to ask where Fluffy Kitten was in relation to the bulb and
1 to suggest that we buy more than one bulb to do something with a level of the Leagues Club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1) who was the replacement forward who came on and scored 2 tries in the 79 semi final against the bulldogs?

2) name the 2 players who played their 1 and only fg game in 1986 against Canberra at Parra.

anyone?? :sarcasm:

carson

Juniors
You missed a few:

1 to blame Luke Burt
1 to suggest Cayless goes to England to buy a new one and stay there
1 to ask where Fluffy Kitten was in relation to the bulb and
1 to suggest that we buy more than one bulb to do something with a level of the Leagues Club.

and 1 to claim that the light bulb was a government conspiracy and that we are all sheeple for wanting light in the first place!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1) who was the replacement forward who came on and scored 2 tries in the 79 semi final against the bulldogs?

1) The only try scorers in that game were Garry Dowling and Geoff Gerard (no bench player). I would have guessed Peter Wynn but he didn't score
2) David Rowles and Tim Barnes
3) Dean Pay (only player in the Eels team of the century)?

Stagger eel

Staff member
1) The only try scorers in that game were Garry Dowling and Geoff Gerard (no bench player). I would have guessed Peter Wynn but he didn't score

1) if you're correct about that than I have the year wrong, make it 1978..

2) half right..

3) no..

Stagger eel

Staff member

just confirming number 1 was actually 78 and not 79

Stagger eel

Staff member
1) who was the replacement forward who came on and scored 2 tries in the 78 semi final against the bulldogs?

question 1 edited.