What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eight Point Try

Knight87

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
I thought David Hall was awarded one in about 93'? I remember it being broadcast on ABC, Warren Bloand was probably commentating and the venue was North Sydney...

As an aside, the live 3.00pm games on Saturday were great but the compromise was surely the sh*thouse abridged broadcast on Sundays.

What do you mean about the crap broadcast on Sundays? Was it good? Up until what year did the ABC live Saturday game go to? Was it the match of the round?

Y2Eel

First Grade
On Normal penalty tries shouldn't the storm been awarded one tonight when Turner was taken high when he was about to score which may have been the reason he knocked the ball on?

ManlyFan07

Juniors
Interstingly, Manly got an "8 Point Try" in Premier League tonight against the Dogs at Telstra Stadium. First one I had seen for a very long time.

A Dogs player flopped in late on the try scorer (dropping the knees perhaps???), sparking a bit of push and shove. The Dogs player ended up on report and Manly got the extra penalty in front. Both goals were kicked so we came away with the 8 points.

mattyg

Bench
haha yeah that 8 point try in PL cracked me up...never seen one before. I thought someone just came in for the dogs and started throwing punches. :lol:

Latest posts