What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end is nigh for Bennett and the Steelers

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The original post in this thread is ridiculous, the suggestion that the Broncos are sure things... You can look at the stats any way you want to and come with a different conclusion everytime. Based on momentum and form the Broncos will win. Based on semi finals at Suncorp, the Dragons will win. Statistically speaking, how often do the Broncos win 7 straight, they have to lose at some stage. Can the Dragons turn their poor form around in one week... Twist it like a journalist anyway you like :crazy:.

I'd suggest to throw all stats out the window for this game... Both teams have a cracking looking line up. The dragons with a bit more grunt up front and the Broncos with a slighly more talented backline (even those comments are debatable!). I think alot of the game will come down to desperation, who wants it more, who is willing to lift another gear.

Yeah, I'm not ridiculously confident about this one either. Minor premiers who lose in the first week are generally stung into murdering whoever they play the next week, because they know they shouldn't be there.

There are just so many stories here. Let's hope for an epic.

_Johnsy

Referee
The end is nigh for Bennett and the Steelers

It's been a good season for the Master Coach, it's a little sad that it ends this Saturday night when he returns home to face his beloved Brisbane Broncos. Momentum is everything come this time of the season and we have it, the Steelers don't.

Bennett's "faithful" new found fans will turn on him after this loss, I have no doubt, the NRL's biggest chokers will walk off Suncorp Stadium with more questions raised as opposed to answers for their critics (true Dragons fans will however praise Bennett for returning this once great club to prominence knowing they aren't too far away from tasting premiership success for the first time since '79).

Since we got out asses kicked by Canberra, we have gone on to win six of our last six games including an away finals win over the game's biggest pretenders, the Gold Coast Whiners.

On the other hand, St George have won two, lost four including a home finals loss to the 8th ranked Parramatta Eels. Have the wheels fallen off? I think so. David Furner gave the NRL the blueprint on how to beat 'em, we in particular have him to thank for plotting your finals demise this Saturday night.

Our glorious return to form has seen us complile 178 points for, a meager 88 against. A change in attitude by all has seen us return to the early season danger most experts thought we could be. Mr Bennett's side has spluttered along to record 94 points for, 108 pts against.

What does this tell us? Momentum is with the Brisbane Broncos and with a sellout crowd expected, I see us closing this one down setting up a rematch with rivals Melbourne in a Grand Final qualifier.

The key to winning is shutting down Jamie Soward and in particular his pin-point kicking game. If this falters, the Dragons struggle as evidenced in their finals loss to the Eels. Soward and co kicked poorly, with ball in hand, the Eels repelled them with little trouble and ground out a great win. I expect a similar scenario come Saturday night.

Enjoy this game. I will be at a wedding and then off to Fiji for a well earned two week break come Monday morning. I look forward to it and enjoying more finals success from afar.

GET YOUR MONEY ON THE BRONCOS!

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
Always the problem with these threads - they can come back to bit all in the ass.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
GoTheBroncs - seriously, not overly concerned with your sit on the fence opinion that protects you from open slather IF we don't come up trumps.

Johnsy, touche my friend, I just don't think anything will be coming back to bite me in the ass. If it does, well played St George and the Master Coach ;-)

lynx000

Juniors
I hope it's a great game on the weekend. Our clashes are always the best. If the Dragons do lose this week or the next or the next, I hope the fans don't turn on Benny. You have to admit he has done a great job already with the side he was given. Broncos fans know how good he is. Now he is down in Sydney and we are seeing him more in the media, I think his style and his ability is more evident to us.

I really hope they don't as well. I think he has done a fantastic job with the Saints this season regardless of what happens from here and he deserves full credit for it. I still hope you guys are starting your mad monday celebrations next week though.

Barry Beath

Juniors
One Brisbane fan said the crowd would be 55%/45 % to the Broncos.
Do the Dragons normally have that amount of support at Suncop???

One Brisbane fan said the crowd would be 55%/45 % to the Broncos.
Do the Dragons normally have that amount of support at Suncop???

They do have a lot of support in QLD. I guess before the Broncos got into the NRL, Queenslanders picked a team to support from what was available and they stuck with it. The Dragons would have been a popular choice after the 11 straight.

grandorient

Bench
Gee Whiz Rastust, Your confident about the Bronc's

Wish I was as confident about the Saints, although I think we will come away with a win, beat Melbourne next week and face the Eels in the GF.

That will then give us our first premiership in a couple of years.

GO

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Grandorient, you seem to be too reasonable a person to be supporting the saints...everyother saints fan on here is a complete f**kwit bar you...

Though you do seem to spend a fair bit of time in the Broncs subsection...sure you dont wanna switch sides?

grandorient

Bench
Grandorient, you seem to be too reasonable a person to be supporting the saints...everyother saints fan on here is a complete f**kwit bar you...

Though you do seem to spend a fair bit of time in the Broncs subsection...sure you dont wanna switch sides?

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks BB, but I've been a Dragons fan for nigh on 50 years; wouldn't change for quids.

Bronc's a great side and have been for many, many years. I can't wish you good luck tonight, but can wish you all the best and a great match, devoid of stupid umpiring mistakes.

I guess I may be a bit unlike many other fans on these forums, in that I don't hate, or for that matter, even dislike other teams, nor their fans. Some may even say I was a little senile or even stupid maybe. O'h well. thats life.

As i've said, Bronco's a great side as are the biggest majority of their supporters, including the ones on this forum. Friendly banter, I just love it.

O'h, the reason I'm on these forums; if you guys beat us tonight (heaven forbid), then I wish you all the best to take out the GF.

GO

grandorient

Bench
PS

By the way, my brothers in arms, are in fact a great lot and push the Dragons wagon like you wouldn't believe.

Quite apart from the club and the team, how could I ever, ever leave such a great bunch of guys and gals??

GO

Latest posts