What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The equation for this week...

choc_soldier

Coach
... is not coming to plan so far.

The Roosters win last night means we have to win tomorrow now (and by more than 19 to overtake them), but if Manly win tonight, it's all over.

Come on Warriors!

King Panther

Juniors
To have any chance we have to beat the fired up Bulldogs tonite which will be bloody hard and then we've got Benji's merry band next week! it doesn't get much tougher!!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
we were in trouble before last night. Of course if the roosters were to lose to the bulldogs next week?

But then I'd still prefer to put 19+ win against the dogs this week just to be safe but if we did that you'd have to say the roosters were a good chance of giving them a flogging next week.

Caged Panther

First Grade
warriors did us a favour so now we just need to win and win well today (for starters anyway). I'm not confident though.

choc_soldier

Coach
Thank you Franze! That try got us ahead of the Chooks in the F/A.

Now... the X-Factor once again is Manly. They must lose to Canberra next Saturday night. IF they do, then we have to beat the Tigers AND hope that the Dogs beat the Roosters, but if not, that the Roosters winning margin is no more than three points than our winning margin against Wests.

Are you confused? My head hurts...

Caged Panther

First Grade
Of course if we were to finish on the same four and against as the roosters?

Well we don't want that to happen I'm pretty sure the roosters percentages are better.

GO DOGS!!! GO RAIDERS!!!

Panthers_God

Juniors
Dont mean to be a party pooper but Raiders have lost 6 in a row

Penrith are going much better at the moment and should be able to beat the Tigers IF and this is a big IF they play to their full potential.

griffo346

First Grade
Im confidant of a raiders win on saturday as manly have the problem of choking so mmmmmmm anything can happen on a cold night in canberra

and generally roosters and dogs games r close

so r tigers and panthers

The Tank

Bench
I think the Roosters will make it.

Canberra, although have been losing haven't been thrashed (until yesterday). Hopefully Manly will lose to at least give us hope.

I reckon the Roosters will beat the Bulldogs for sure. But it comes down to by how much. I reckon they could get 30+.

And finally, I reckon Wests will win. It'll be close but the Tigers are a different team from last time we played them.

All in all, I'm not overly confident. But I still have hope.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Dogs will lift for that game, and will shock the Chooks. Well, that's the scenario running around in my head anyway...

Caged Panther

First Grade
parra_panther said:
The Dogs will lift for that game, and will shock the Chooks. Well, that's the scenario running around in my head anyway...

gee there is a scenario favourable to the panthers running around in your head. That's a surprise. :lol:

The Rhino

Juniors
Based on current for & against stats, here is ours and the Roosters percentages:

Penrith 516/532*100= 96.99%
Roosters 456/475*100= 96.00%

Hypothetically, lets say, Penrith win 7-6 over the Tigers and the Roosters beat the Dogs 24-20 to give both teams a for/against stat of -15, here is what the percentages would look like:
Penrith 523/538*100= 97.21%
Roosters 480/495*100= 96.96%

However for the Roosters to jump above us on percentages ie to get around 97.00% (should they win by only 4) the scoreline would have to read something like this (and this is before the Panthers/Tigers clash has been played) 62-58.

So I look at it this way, if both us and the Roosters win by 1 and 4 points respectively, I cannot see the Dogs-Roosters clash final score being anywhere in the vacinity of 62-58. And just for good measure, if both us and the Roosters win by 1 and 4 points respectively, the more points we score, the Roosters need to add about 4-5 points on top of their game score. So should it come down to percentages (after both teams end on the same differential) for the final spot in the 8, the PANTHERS are in the box seat (ie the team with the higher attacking record, should differential be the same, will be better off)

cainen

Juniors
That's a lot of working out for something that's a pretty slim chance of happening.

I think we're going to have to win by 20+ going by the dogs' performance last week, but hopefully they do us all a big favour and get up and beat the Roosters. If not, we have to win by at least 3 points less than whatever the roosters win by. But all this of course depends on whether or not the Raiders win. The odds are stacked against us unfortunately :(

Tell ya what though, I'd be pissed off if we missed out on a spot in the finals because of goal-kicking.

Latest posts