What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The facts

Since 73

First Grade
Here are the facts, just the facts, and nothing but the facts:
Offer your own but there must be no emotion involved – such as anger, disappointment, heartbreak etc.

- Tigers have some very smart footballers. They sized up our weaknesses and exposed them. When they went there they were quick and efficient.
- We have some dumb footballers. They make the same mistakes time and again and cannot read play (sorry Beau, believe me there is no emotion attached).
- Whoever is motivating the team for the second half is doing an absolutely woeful job. We scored no points today. Lost the Broncos and Manly games in the second half and tried valiantly to throw the Souths game away in the same manner.
- Our wingers have abilities and strengths in certain areas but are both woeful and show no signs of imroving. I would love to see what Johnny Lang would do with these 2 guys. Langy’s a bloke who understands the need for, and develops good flankers.
- We actually put a damn good side on the park today. But somewhere in each game, the wheels fall off. We could and should of beaten Brisbane and Manly, and we competed for 45 minutes today - away to the reigning premiers. (No facts about the other 35 minutes)
- I am not a critic of Phil bailey, but he sees way too much ball. Imagine if Latu had his hands on the ball half as often
- What a masterstroke – on an afternoon where the ball was doing all the work, we leave a true ball player like Latu on the bench for 60 minutes until the game is over. What would his attitude be like when he comes on? He would have already clocked off.
- The Tigers were quick and precise to respond to half a chance.
- We are slow to respond. That is the biggest difference between scoring 14 - 18 points in a game to scoring 36 – 40.
- Individually, several players went quite well. But. as a team – not as well. You can tell blokes are losing heart by this disjointedness. Where we were getting beaten by 4 points or less, the margins will continue to increase.
That’s enuff.

:blahb:

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Leaving Latu off for that long was again poor use of the bench from Raper. His use of the bench was poor IMO.
Albert doesn't look like he cares.
Penalties killed us, whilst the majority of them were deserved, I think the Tigers got away with a fair few.
Dykes long kicking game was very good at times.
Our defence was horrible. Kearney looks dangerous in attack but his defence doesn't fill me with confidence.
Simmo got a good try but did very little else.
Thommo is our best player.

clint

Juniors
I'd love to see Lang back, because we can give him a lot to work with, we have a lot of good players.

Has any club ever gone back to the future and brought back one of their old coaches? Would management seriously consider it?

Aries

Bench
Dont make me get the "FACT" quote out again... its only a little bit of skin after all :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
This boring one-out bullsh*t has got to stop. It doesn't work - the Broncos only succeed with that sort of footy because they have a decent coach and class players. All the top teams succeed because of the rapid ball movement, and a willingness to use switches, second man plays, and going all the way across the field to the wing in one play. Raper is bloody blind.

Surely

Post Whore
Well Lang would be one of the biggest bang it up one out coaches i have seen, and you want him back, why ?

BTW I dont think Raper should be here either, he's had his chance now and muffed it big time.

BWNB

First Grade
Thomo was our best player who doesnt seem to stop trying
Albert doesnt care ,as seen when that corner kick went to him and didnt contest it
Bails is a hog , doesnt pass the ball and gives away stupid penelties
Dykes has an excelent kicking games at time aswell as kearny, both these players were first up chasing the kicks
Scott is always shot makes too many mistakes. Potentialy he is a great player as we saw last yr VS St George
We cant play for longer than 40 mins and im affraid we wont win to many games if thats the case is it bad prep or what?

Southern Shark

Juniors
I'd persevere with Beau SCOTT at least until POMEROY steps up. At least SCOTT can find the try line. BAILEY cannot. I think RAPER learn't today that playing forwards as backs no longer works. I'd doubt we will ever see BIRD, GALLEN and BAILEY in our backline again. The little fast blokes just tear them up. And next week we play the masters of that type of football. THURSTON, BOWEN etc. Help us.

SharkWings

Juniors
Pom looked fitter yesterday and Im a huge fan of Brett Kelly....get these blokes in the team - perhaps move Vagana to lock? When is Gallen back?

Macca

Coach
Vagana is alot bigger, he could probably play lock. Fortunately we don't lack back rowers. Need a better 5/8th though.

imasharkie

Coach
The facts are our back three are a disgrace. What other team in the NRL would want Simmons, Covell and Albert - NONE

What other team would want Scott and Bailey as their centre pairing - NONE

That is where our problem lies - NONE, all of them are worthless. They can't run the ball back decently and when it comes to defence they're a joke.
Every opposition team targets our outside backs as our forwards are just about impregnable.

Latest posts